Kobe for team USA?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject:

I thought LeBron said he wasn't going to partake in the 2016 Olympics
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Dominator wrote:
where24happens wrote:
No way in hell will he be able to "earn" his spot. He would be a massive liability on defense and Team USA obviously won't need his scoring when they have Lebron, Durant, and company. If he gets a spot out of respect, I wouldn't mind though, a reward for a Top 10 career.

The team not needing his scoring is precisely why he wouldn't be a liability on defense

Not to mention it never hurts to have a guy with nerves of steel when you are playing in games as important as the Olympics. Even now the amount of players i trust with the game on the line then more then a healthy Kobe is zero.

I don't think they really need Kobe's steel nerves to win the Olympics.

That said, would love to see him play but only if he's no longer playing for us in the following season.

They sure needed them before when everybody else looked terrified to do anything.

Yeah, those other guys did nothing. Too scaredy pants.

Did you watch the Olympics? Call me crazy but I trust Kobe down the stretch of a game more than any other player ever. If we go over there and decimate everybody then fine, Kobe won't be needed. If there is a close game I feel more comfortable with Kobe there.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Did you watch the Olympics? Call me crazy but I trust Kobe down the stretch of a game more than any other player ever. If we go over there and decimate everybody then fine, Kobe won't be needed. If there is a close game I feel more comfortable with Kobe there.

I did watch the Olympics. And if you did too, then I'm confused as to why you'd try to argue that the other guys didn't do anything because they were too scared. That's just silly.

Durant scored more points than any other U.S. Olympics basketball player ever, Lebron James was the on-court leader of that squad, and Kobe was still rounding in to shape. He played fewer minutes than Deron Williams. That said, he was a good veteran leader for those guys out there and did his usual thing of making key plays.

I think someone kidnapped you and cryogenically froze you for the past 5 years. I would have agreed with you whole-heartedly 5-10 years ago but we're talking about a time where Kobe is at the point where he is saying he wants to make it on merit.

I think he'd be a great addition just for his veteran leadership and "been there, done that" experience, but, they don't NEED Kobe to win a gold medal.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject:

I just want Kobe to make it out of this season in one piece.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
theboiijames
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Why would you trust Kobe down the stretch? His Lakers have gotten outscored in the last 5 minutes of games throughout his career when he was on the floor. And he's the one taking all the shots. So why on earth would you trust him to play hero ball? Take into account the Lakers dominance over the course of his career and this is a no-brainer. You can't have him out there playing hero ball. If he decides not to do that, great. But if he's out there playing hero ball, its a loss.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Troll alert. Saw it coming from his posts in the general bball section.

Sigh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
theboiijames
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Troll alert. Saw it coming from his posts in the general bball section.

Sigh

Show me the part where I trolled.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:

theboiijames wrote:
Why would you trust Kobe down the stretch? His Lakers have gotten outscored in the last 5 minutes of games throughout his career when he was on the floor. And he's the one taking all the shots. So why on earth would you trust him to play hero ball? Take into account the Lakers dominance over the course of his career and this is a no-brainer. You can't have him out there playing hero ball. If he decides not to do that, great. But if he's out there playing hero ball, its a loss.

Try this link, Trolly McTrollster, then get back to us...

theboiijames
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
theboiijames wrote:

Try this link, Trolly McTrollster, then get back to us...

[Bye troll. - CL]
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject:

theboiijames wrote:

I wouldn't trust him down the stretch now. He hasn't been able to carry a team in years.

But in his prime? He was nearly unstoppable.

If you're expecting me to take the bait and talk about how flawless and perfect Kobe is, that's not something you're going to get from me. Most people on this board would (or have) called me a Kobe hater because I don't talk about flawless and perfect he is.

But if there is a reason not to trust Kobe down the stretch, it is age/miles/achilles that is the reason. Prior to all of those things slowing him down, while he didn't offer the most efficient game possible, he was a dominant force out there and I can't think of many Lakers whose hands I'd want the ball in down the stretch more than Kobe.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject:

Kobe in 2010 was the most clutch player I have ever seen. He won 7 games on last second shots and buzzer beaters alone. However, since then, he has been extremely unclutch. Sucks.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
I just want Kobe to make it out of this season in one piece.
I feel ya
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
I thought LeBron said he wasn't going to partake in the 2016 Olympics

Lebron is the female version of Hilary Clinton. Public pressure or one of their friends starts to say or do something, and then they change directions like a flachalents on a windy day.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject:

I had to laugh, sorry. Picturing Kobe having the legs for Team USA is a little difficult for me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: