Kobe & D'Angelo Lil Twitter Bromance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe & D'Angelo Lil Twitter Bromance

LandsbergerRules wrote:
All_Star_Laker wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
cmonkee wrote:
Quote:
@DLoading

@KobeBryant 100 100 100

I'm getting old... what does this mean?

Kobe probably had to look it up, too.

soo...

anyonw want to explain?

http://emojipedia.org/hundred-points-symbol/

crap i'm getting old
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
How can anybody honestly believe McGrady is the greatest of all time, a truly poor sense of the history of this great game.

Except he never said that TMac was the greatest of all time. Read the tweet again carefully. It's surprising that 85% of the internet (news outlets included) fails at reading comprehension.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject:

I took the tweet as he was saying McGrady could of been the GOAT. As to say if he was able to reach his full potential. McGrady's prime years were plagued with injuries, and really throughout his whole career he was injured.

Kobe has said that McGrady was the best he ever played against.
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject:

he said "might have been" not "could have been"

I took it to mean TMac had GOAT level peak play

which is somewhat of an exaggeration
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
How can anybody honestly believe McGrady is the greatest of all time, a truly poor sense of the history of this great game.

Except he never said that TMac was the greatest of all time. Read the tweet again carefully. It's surprising that 85% of the internet (news outlets included) fails at reading comprehension.

They consistently fail at it, and on purpose.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject:

kobetimeeverytime wrote:

Len Bias might have been a hall of fame pro.

See how that works?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
I took the tweet as he was saying McGrady could of been the GOAT. As to say if he was able to reach his full potential. McGrady's prime years were plagued with injuries, and really throughout his whole career he was injured.

Was he injured a lot during his best seasons? I seem to think he did fulfill his potential, but he just lacked longevity because of the injuries.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
kobetimeeverytime wrote:

See how that works?
lol. It's so simple. It's hilarious.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Clark Kent wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Reading comprehension.

Russell didn't say McGrady IS the goat. He said "might have been" like could've been.

Quote:
@DLoading

Re-tweeted: @AthletesReIate #TodayKidsWillNeverKnow this Tracy McGrady (Video)

Quote:
@DLoading

Honestly Tracy McGrady might have been the GOAT!

"that might haven been the best cake cake I have ever eaten" meaning that cake is either the best cake I have ever eaten or its seriously in the running for the best. So when you say McGrady might have been the best it means he either was the best or a serious contender, and that is a laughable opinion.

Not how I took it. I took it as he "might have been" as in "could have been" if things had been different....like he "had the potential to be" the GOAT.

If you have to rephrase a statement that many times to take it that way either he did an awful job with his statement or you are taking it the wrong way.

Or you are taking it the wrong way and being way too sensitive about anything related to Kobe Bryant, be it positive, negative or neutral. It certainly seems as if you will find a way to interpret almost anything as slight against Kobe.

Also, Twitter is limited to 140 characters and people use shorthand and abbreviations rather than full sentences. So telling someone they said it the "wrong way" on Twitter is pretty silly.

Something to think about.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Was he injured a lot during his best seasons? I seem to think he did fulfill his potential, but he just lacked longevity because of the injuries.

Nah Mcgrady averaged 32pts when he was like 23 years old. We missed the best of Tracy to injury imo 28,29,30 years old imo. His injury problems really started in 2005 when he was 26 years old.

By the way that year McGrady averaged 32, Kobe averaged 30 and I think at that point the best perimeter player in the world. Only thing in the postseason that year Kobe's defense fell off a bit, he was amazing defensively throughout the year, but in the playoffs he did go gung ho and started playing defense like a rookie.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Nah Mcgrady averaged 32pts when he was like 23 years old. We missed the best of Tracy to injury imo 28,29,30 years old imo. His injury problems really started in 2005 when he was 26 years old.

By the way that year McGrady averaged 32, Kobe averaged 30 and I think at that point the best perimeter player in the world. Only thing in the postseason that year Kobe's defense fell off a bit, he was amazing defensively throughout the year, but in the playoffs he did go gung ho and started playing defense like a rookie.

It is very popular to speculate if a guy had been in different circumstances (be it team, injuries, etc.), that he might have ranked higher. In TMac's case, it would tend to be a bit of both. Just looking at his numbers, he had a ridiculous stat line for the 7 years between ages 21-27. In fact, here are his and kobe's stat lines for the same age period, and they came into the league a year apart at the same age directly out of high school:

MIN 39.1 39.8
PTS 27.1 27.8
AST 5.5 5.3
RBD 6.6 5.9
STL 1.5 1.7
BLK 0.9 0.6
TOV 2.6 3.2
FG% 44.1% 45.4%
FT% 76.0% 83.8%
3PT%34.9% 33.6%

Can you tell who is who? Kobe went on to get even better, while injuries derailed TMac.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

It is very popular to speculate if a guy had been in different circumstances (be it team, injuries, etc.), that he might have ranked higher. In TMac's case, it would tend to be a bit of both. Just looking at his numbers, he had a ridiculous stat line for the 7 years between ages 21-27. In fact, here are his and kobe's stat lines for the same age period, and they came into the league a year apart at the same age directly out of high school:

MIN 39.1 39.8
PTS 27.1 27.8
AST 5.5 5.3
RBD 6.6 5.9
STL 1.5 1.7
BLK 0.9 0.6
TOV 2.6 3.2
FG% 44.1% 45.4%
FT% 76.0% 83.8%
3PT%34.9% 33.6%

Can you tell who is who? Kobe went on to get even better, while injuries derailed TMac.

Both very similar but Kobe has always been a very good FT shooter so I'm going to guess he is the 2nd player listed.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject:

It's getting cloudy in here. Before we can clearly spot a sensitive Kobe fan, but now we have to figure out.. is this a sensitive Kobe fan, or an Oakaforian? I do believe Kobeandgary is an Oakaforian.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
24 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

MIN 39.1 39.8
PTS 27.1 27.8
AST 5.5 5.3
RBD 6.6 5.9
STL 1.5 1.7
BLK 0.9 0.6
TOV 2.6 3.2
FG% 44.1% 45.4%
FT% 76.0% 83.8%
3PT%34.9% 33.6%

Both very similar but Kobe has always been a very good FT shooter so I'm going to guess he is the 2nd player listed.

Correct, and good eye. But it does illustrate how someone could put TMac in a very high group based on what he was doing as a prime player.
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
kobetimeeverytime wrote:

See how that works?

Len Bias could have been a hall of fame pro sounds more accurate, as in I could have been a contender instead of I might have been a contender. Could implies ability where might is whether it was possible he was hall of fame pro or not, which would be no.

there's a difference in the two statements to me but English is flexible enough he might have meant TMac had potential/ability to be GOAT.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject:

kobetimeeverytime wrote:
24 wrote:
kobetimeeverytime wrote:

See how that works?

Len Bias could have been a hall of fame pro sounds more accurate, as in I could have been a contender instead of I might have been a contender. Could implies ability where might is whether it was possible he was hall of fame pro or not, which would be no.

there's a difference in the two statements to me but English is flexible enough he might have meant TMac had potential/ability to be GOAT.

Yeah, the key words here are "have been". Not might be (which would be the term if he thought he is), might have been (implying an "if...").
prefuse1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject:

First kray's argument on the topic of DLo not working hard and now kobeandgary's ridiculous opinion on questioning our rookie not knowing his NBA history. What a terrible week with this heat.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Lots of players have their seniors they look up to, I have no problem that DLo looks up to TMac....no big deal...
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject:

prefuse1 wrote:
First kray's argument on the topic of DLo not working hard and now kobeandgary's ridiculous opinion on questioning our rookie not knowing his NBA history. What a terrible week with this heat.

I don't care if he thinks tmac is the greatest ever, I just hope he comes out and plays great. I'm just not gonna try and spin things for him when he made an obvious crystal clear statement.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
prefuse1 wrote:

I don't care if he thinks tmac is the greatest ever, I just hope he comes out and plays great. I'm just not gonna try and spin things for him when he made an obvious crystal clear statement.

That's how you took it. There are many of us that took it a different way than your "obvious crystal clear statement" interpretation.

I want to know how long this squabbling will go on...back and forth.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject:

One is 19. Some posters seem to be the same age intellectually too.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
One is 19. Some posters seem to be the same age intellectually too.

19 is way too generous for some of them.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
prefuse1 wrote:

That's how you took it. There are many of us that took it a different way than your "obvious crystal clear statement" interpretation.

Not much longer...
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
prefuse1 wrote:

There is no other way to take it, they way I took it is the correct meaning of that statement. I have already explained this several times. If you say something might be the greatest ever, it is either the greatest or a serious contender to be. If you say something might have been the greatest ever If such and such were different, that means things would have had to went differently for it to be the greatest. Russell's statement is the first example, there isn't a second way to take it. Now it might not be what he meant to say, but that doesn't change what the existing sentence correctly means.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Good lord.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: