Kobe & D'Angelo Lil Twitter Bromance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Good lord.

Indeed
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
kobeslaker wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Clark Kent wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
How can anybody honestly believe McGrady is the greatest of all time, a truly poor sense of the history of this great game.

Reading comprehension.

Russell didn't say McGrady IS the goat. He said "might have been" like could've been.

Quote:
@DLoading

Re-tweeted: @AthletesReIate #TodayKidsWillNeverKnow this Tracy McGrady (Video)

Quote:
@DLoading

Honestly Tracy McGrady might have been the GOAT!

Except a lot of players were more talented than McGrady.

You seem to be going out of your way to make this an issue. You can take a sentence to mean a lot of different things based on context. Language is funny like that. It's not a big deal.

You guys it's just kobeandgary, President of the Okafor / Anti-Russell fan club.

If Russell says that water is wet, or that the earth revolves around the sun, kobeandgary will just make up reasons to try and disprove it.

Just don't take him seriously when it comes to Russell.

+1

He's the co-President with kray and Drifts.

Russell: "Tmac might have been goat."

kobeandgary: "He just said Tmac is the goat! He doesn't know his history!"

Russell: "Water is wet."

kobeandgary: "Water that is frozen is not wet! He doesn't know his elements!"

Russell: "The earth revolves around the sun."

kobeandgary: "It's the sun that makes the earth revolve around it! He doesn't know his astronomy!"
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Dominator wrote:
kobeslaker wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Clark Kent wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
How can anybody honestly believe McGrady is the greatest of all time, a truly poor sense of the history of this great game.

Reading comprehension.

Russell didn't say McGrady IS the goat. He said "might have been" like could've been.

Quote:
@DLoading

Quote:
@DLoading

Except a lot of players were more talented than McGrady.

You seem to be going out of your way to make this an issue. You can take a sentence to mean a lot of different things based on context. Language is funny like that. It's not a big deal.

You guys it's just kobeandgary, President of the Okafor / Anti-Russell fan club.

If Russell says that water is wet, or that the earth revolves around the sun, kobeandgary will just make up reasons to try and disprove it.

Just don't take him seriously when it comes to Russell.

+1

He's the co-President with kray and Drifts.

Russell: "Tmac might have been goat."

kobeandgary: "He just said Tmac is the goat! He doesn't know his history!"

Russell: "Water is wet."

kobeandgary: "Water that is frozen is not wet! He doesn't know his elements!"

Russell: "The earth revolves around the sun."

kobeandgary: "It's the sun that makes the earth revolve around it! He doesn't know his astronomy!"

So it's my fault the guy thinks McGrady is the greatest ever?
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Dominator wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Clark Kent wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Reading comprehension.

Quote:
@DLoading

Quote:
@DLoading

"that might haven been the best cake cake I have ever eaten" meaning that cake is either the best cake I have ever eaten or its seriously in the running for the best. So when you say McGrady might have been the best it means he either was the best or a serious contender, and that is a laughable opinion.

Not how I took it. I took it as he "might have been" as in "could have been" if things had been different....like he "had the potential to be" the GOAT.

If you have to rephrase a statement that many times to take it that way either he did an awful job with his statement or you are taking it the wrong way.

You're the one trying to twist his words. It was pretty clear what he meant when he said "might have been". As in, if things had played out differently during his career he might have been in the conversation.

Once again when I say "that might have been the best cake ever" that means either it was the best cake ever or a serious contender for it.

When I say "that might been the best cake ever if the Baker wasn't sick and worked harder that means the cake would have been the best if circumstances worked out differently.

I'm not twisting his words at all, there is no other way to take what he said other then he is saying McGrady is the greatest or very serious contender to be. If that isn't what he meant then he should probably word things better.

DLo said this in context of the first tweet _ that is, #TodayKidsWillNeverKnow . For me this makes it clear DLo is talking about TMacs potential - what he might have been - not what TMac actually achieved.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject:

ice_cold wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Dominator wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Clark Kent wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Reading comprehension.

Quote:
@DLoading

Quote:
@DLoading

"that might haven been the best cake cake I have ever eaten" meaning that cake is either the best cake I have ever eaten or its seriously in the running for the best. So when you say McGrady might have been the best it means he either was the best or a serious contender, and that is a laughable opinion.

Not how I took it. I took it as he "might have been" as in "could have been" if things had been different....like he "had the potential to be" the GOAT.

If you have to rephrase a statement that many times to take it that way either he did an awful job with his statement or you are taking it the wrong way.

You're the one trying to twist his words. It was pretty clear what he meant when he said "might have been". As in, if things had played out differently during his career he might have been in the conversation.

Once again when I say "that might have been the best cake ever" that means either it was the best cake ever or a serious contender for it.

When I say "that might been the best cake ever if the Baker wasn't sick and worked harder that means the cake would have been the best if circumstances worked out differently.

I'm not twisting his words at all, there is no other way to take what he said other then he is saying McGrady is the greatest or very serious contender to be. If that isn't what he meant then he should probably word things better.

DLo said this in context of the first tweet _ that is, #TodayKidsWillNeverKnow . For me this makes it clear DLo is talking about TMacs potential - what he might have been - not what TMac actually achieved.

That's fairly easy to see, unless they are someone just trying to hate on Russell. And it's kobeandgary, his only purpose here is to try to knock Russell, so there's no point in trying to reason with him.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:53 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Good lord.

Indeed

So stop? Wake up bro.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject:

ice_cold wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Dominator wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Clark Kent wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Reading comprehension.

Quote:
@DLoading

Quote:
@DLoading

Saying today's kids will never know means it happend before there time, just like today's kids won't know first hand the greatness of Wilt.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject:

frenchbullcho wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Good lord.

Indeed

So stop? Wake up bro.

I am the one reading correctly though, all these people trying to spin it and put different meanings to it are hilarious.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:29 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
frenchbullcho wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Good lord.

Indeed

So stop? Wake up bro.

I am the one reading correctly though, all these people trying to spin it and put different meanings to it are hilarious.

You're actually the one person that's reading it incorrectly, but I'm sure you know that.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:02 am    Post subject:

it's funny how adults start name-calling just to defend an opinion that states TMac is the greatest ever in the history of the NBA. I am amazed.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:25 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
it's funny how adults start name-calling just to defend an opinion that states TMac is the greatest ever in the history of the NBA. I am amazed.

He didn't say that. I know it. You know it. Just stop. It's becoming shameful.

Last edited by Dominator on Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
kobeslaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
frenchbullcho wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Good lord.

Indeed

So stop? Wake up bro.

You're actually the one person that's reading it incorrectly, but I'm sure you know that.

He's a joke, I know that.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
frenchbullcho wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Good lord.

Indeed

So stop? Wake up bro.

So you're right and everyone else is wrong, including the Mods? You have morphed into a troll at this point and you need a time out. Take your time off to figure out the difference between posting an opinion and trolling. If you can't figure it out by the time you come back, you won't last long,
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: