Kobe's next Goal (Coaching to a championship)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dxfactor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Kobe's next Goal (Coaching to a championship)

I would not be surprised if he goes the coaching route post retirement. As great of a competitor as he is, I can imagine him winning rings as a coach and reminding us that Jordan never won rings as a coach. lmbo. It would be fun to watch Kobe coach this Laker team. He has supreme basketball IQ, and I believe he can teach these young guys how to win. There was a stretch during the 2013 season when he more or less usurped Mike D' Antoni and started calling the plays from the bench...I can't recall, but I think he was injured, but the Lakers actually won games with him calling the plays. It would be fun to watch.
tks91
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject:

Kobe is actually very advanced and up-to-date as far as the statistic and X & O part of the game. I'd be curious to see how good a coach he can be but he has stated multiple times that he would not considers coaching.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure Kobe has the temperament to be a coach. He's one of those once-in-a-generation brilliant guys who simply can't translate that to other players. Who will work hard enough for Coach Kobe?
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

He'll be the worst coach.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

Dude doesn't want to coach.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

He's stated numerous times that he doesn't want to coach. I think he knows his temperament isn't up for it. I think he'd be like Magic as a coach. Hella frustrated on the sidelines wondering why his team can't just do what he would do
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Dude doesn't want to coach.

He will be the best in not coaching in that case. No matter how much ESPN tries to get him to do so, he will stand pat and be the GOAT at not coaching.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject:

Smarts: YES
Experience: YES(as a player)

Temperament: NO
Attitude: NO

Bye.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject:

Generally, great players don't make great coaches.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

he has kobe inc where they have high ambitious plans.

i think 1 day he will own a professional team but not coaching
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject:

he doesn't want to coach
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject:

Imagine Kobe managing egos
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject:

LakersGround,

Where "coach Kobe", "facilitator Kobe", "Kobe the mentor", "10 shots a game and 10 assists per game Kobe" and "take one for the team Kobe" happens.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject:

As others have said, he's said infinite times that coaching isn't for him.

I can definitely imagine Kobe as a player coach, though: "**** it, I'm subbing myself in and taking the last shot"

Like his practices, I'm sure his coaching career would be riddled with many expletives and other controversies.

I think he would be a good player development coach, however. I still see him as an integral part of the Lakers after retirement. I think he has plenty to offer to the young players on the team.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe's next Goal (Coaching to a championship)

dxfactor wrote:
I would not be surprised if he goes the coaching route post retirement. As great of a competitor as he is, I can imagine him winning rings as a coach and reminding us that Jordan never won rings as a coach. lmbo. It would be fun to watch Kobe coach this Laker team. He has supreme basketball IQ, and I believe he can teach these young guys how to win. There was a stretch during the 2013 season when he more or less usurped Mike D' Antoni and started calling the plays from the bench...I can't recall, but I think he was injured, but the Lakers actually won games with him calling the plays. It would be fun to watch.

Except Kobe has said multiple times he has absolutely no desire to coach....So there's that.

/Thread
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject:

If you thought Pat Riley/Byron worked his guys hard, imagine Coach Kobe. A genius guy like him has a hard time coaching b/c no one can match his work ethic. I think that would just drive Kobe insane which is why he won't coach.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe's next Goal (Coaching to a championship)

dxfactor wrote:
what are you new? He's said many times he doesn't want to coach.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject:

Does Kobe like analytics?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm not sure Kobe has the temperament to be a coach. He's one of those once-in-a-generation brilliant guys who simply can't translate that to other players. Who will work hard enough for Coach Kobe?

Answer; no one. That's not a role Kobe would be good at. He a polarized player, that's not even average for a coach to begin with...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Answer; no one. That's not a role Kobe would be good at. He a polarized player, that's not even average for a coach to begin with...

For me that's not the problem. It's that no one will ever be good enough for him b/c of his own standards. That'll be grating on players real quick.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
deal wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

For me that's not the problem. It's that no one will ever be good enough for him b/c of his own standards. That'll be grating on players real quick.

"ship his ass out!"
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Coaching would probably be one of the few things Kobe would absolutely suck at.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If you thought Pat Riley/Byron worked his guys hard, imagine Coach Kobe. A genius guy like him has a hard time coaching b/c no one can match his work ethic. I think that would just drive Kobe insane which is why he won't coach.

Oh come on. The players would love his two a days at training camp. He might push them a hard at the 4AM-12PM practice, but he'd ease up a bit at the 12:15PM-11:30PM one.
THE_DAGGER
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Does Kobe like analytics?

I don't know if "like" is the word, but he'll pretty much do anything to gain a competitive advantage. There was a few articles during the repeat years of him using a personal scout to provide him with anayltics. Here's one: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/scouts-eye-helped-bryant-focus-173000603--nba.html
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject:

I think he'll go the businessman route. He's planted a lot of seeds across the globe (in business, perverts) that I think he'll try to grow post-retirement. I don't think he'll do much basketball-related.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: