Kobe's next Goal (Coaching to a championship)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Kobe will be just another grumpy rich guy. He has absolutely no
Tolerance, which would make him horrible with rookies and player developmention in general.

He'd be one of the worst things that could happen to the Lakers, coach wise,
And we've seen bad...
hoopla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
hoopla wrote:
why do people keep saying this?

what proof do you have of this?

He has said himself multiple times "I Do Not Want To Coach"

http://www.lakersnation.com/kobe-bryant-i-dont-just-have-that-obsession-to-be-a-great-coach/2014/03/25/

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/coach-kobe-lakers-bryant-i-just-have-no-interest-in-coaching-080515

And that's just off of a very quick cursory Google search. I've read other stories where he's talked about patience and temperament and all that. This doesn't mean he can't/won't change his mind at some point, obviously. But for right now I'm inclined to believe the source on this one...

we've all HEARD him say that. we're not talking about him saying he doesnt want to coach.
We're talking about COuld he actually Become a good coach?

Sometimes guys say things they think they mean in that moment. and then things could change. he could miss basketball. and still have the desire to be a huge part of winning without actually lacing them up.

If that were to occur. COULD HE THEN BE A GOOD COACH?
i stand by my words. the answer is YES>

And here's why

^^^What do you see there? I see a guy looking like a coach TALKING, not screaming, not going nuts. but Coaching guys with individual moves, plays, etc.

See dont get all confused with the media talk about how no one wants to play with kobe and kobe is a harda... Thats kobe the player. But kobe the brainiac Coach is not the same guy per se. He's toned down a bit. still hard on his guys for sure. but not a Nut. not losing it like magic was during his short stint because magic couldnt take it. he couldnt understand why guys were not james worthy, kareem, bscott, etc. why were guys not giving 120% every day. kobe wants guys to be the best THEY can be. this is not the same for most star guys that could get thrown into coaching. they expect guys to be THEM. There's another thing you guys dont think about when saying he's like all other superstars. I say no he's not because unlike magic and jordan. kobe didnt have some incredible god given/from birth physical attribute, that trumped everyone else at his position. Magic was 6'9, jordan was ultra athletic.

these guys were who they were fresh off the bottle.

kobe on the other hand was built thru hardwork. Sure he's a tall guy. But so are at least half the guys at his position SG/SF. Sure he was very athletic at his peak. but so were most guys at his position. some were possibly even more athletic and just as tall (tmac perhaps, etc).

SO this means kobe understands the road of a somewhat normal ball player who works his way into a legend. now with that said, kobe's birth gift was his basketball IQ. not everyone has that. That wont get to kobe either because kobe has had to already endure Smush parker, Bcook, kwame. all at the same time. yes he use to lose his cool in those seasons. but because of those seasons is while he somewhat started to mellow out a bit. He realized, guys can only be as good as they can be. just try to push the guys to THEIR limit, not YOUR limit. Now if they dont like being pushed. Get off the squad. and thats the way it should be for any nba team. i dont care if you're a star player with talent and upside. if you dont like being pushed. take the jersey off and leave.

and now lets look at player coach kobe.

^^^this man is a coach ladies and gentlemen. He just doesnt know he is. That can happen with some people. Where they dont know how good they are at something and they may not want to do it. But it keeps calling them because they are so darn good at it. This may be the case with kobe. we shall see.
I see a real life coach. I dont recall mike looking like a coach ever. i dont recall magic looking like a coach(sure coach on the court as a great pg..the greatest pg ever) but thats not the same thing.

kobe bryant being as intelligent as he is, actually understood crazy pjax after all those years. he loved tex winters. he loves watching Film. Thats why he actually liked mike brown. The man is a coach.

This is the sign of a COACH my friends.

told you he was listening to pj

What did you say Metta? Did Kobe the coach out coach a real coach named POP?

and watch this entire metta interview. dont stop it.

^^around the 3 min mark. Thats a coach talking. the man sounds like phil does he not?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject:

^ good lordT
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
^ good lordT

Seriously.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject:

hoopla wrote:
TDRock wrote:
hoopla wrote:
why do people keep saying this?

what proof do you have of this?

He has said himself multiple times "I Do Not Want To Coach"

http://www.lakersnation.com/kobe-bryant-i-dont-just-have-that-obsession-to-be-a-great-coach/2014/03/25/

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/coach-kobe-lakers-bryant-i-just-have-no-interest-in-coaching-080515

And that's just off of a very quick cursory Google search. I've read other stories where he's talked about patience and temperament and all that. This doesn't mean he can't/won't change his mind at some point, obviously. But for right now I'm inclined to believe the source on this one...

we've all HEARD him say that. we're not talking about him saying he doesnt want to coach.
We're talking about COuld he actually Become a good coach?

Sometimes guys say things they think they mean in that moment. and then things could change. he could miss basketball. and still have the desire to be a huge part of winning without actually lacing them up.

If that were to occur. COULD HE THEN BE A GOOD COACH?
i stand by my words. the answer is YES>

And here's why

^^^What do you see there? I see a guy looking like a coach TALKING, not screaming, not going nuts. but Coaching guys with individual moves, plays, etc.

See dont get all confused with the media talk about how no one wants to play with kobe and kobe is a harda... Thats kobe the player. But kobe the brainiac Coach is not the same guy per se. He's toned down a bit. still hard on his guys for sure. but not a Nut. not losing it like magic was during his short stint because magic couldnt take it. he couldnt understand why guys were not james worthy, kareem, bscott, etc. why were guys not giving 120% every day. kobe wants guys to be the best THEY can be. this is not the same for most star guys that could get thrown into coaching. they expect guys to be THEM. There's another thing you guys dont think about when saying he's like all other superstars. I say no he's not because unlike magic and jordan. kobe didnt have some incredible god given/from birth physical attribute, that trumped everyone else at his position. Magic was 6'9, jordan was ultra athletic.

these guys were who they were fresh off the bottle.

kobe on the other hand was built thru hardwork. Sure he's a tall guy. But so are at least half the guys at his position SG/SF. Sure he was very athletic at his peak. but so were most guys at his position. some were possibly even more athletic and just as tall (tmac perhaps, etc).

SO this means kobe understands the road of a somewhat normal ball player who works his way into a legend. now with that said, kobe's birth gift was his basketball IQ. not everyone has that. That wont get to kobe either because kobe has had to already endure Smush parker, Bcook, kwame. all at the same time. yes he use to lose his cool in those seasons. but because of those seasons is while he somewhat started to mellow out a bit. He realized, guys can only be as good as they can be. just try to push the guys to THEIR limit, not YOUR limit. Now if they dont like being pushed. Get off the squad. and thats the way it should be for any nba team. i dont care if you're a star player with talent and upside. if you dont like being pushed. take the jersey off and leave.

and now lets look at player coach kobe.

^^^this man is a coach ladies and gentlemen. He just doesnt know he is. That can happen with some people. Where they dont know how good they are at something and they may not want to do it. But it keeps calling them because they are so darn good at it. This may be the case with kobe. we shall see.
I see a real life coach. I dont recall mike looking like a coach ever. i dont recall magic looking like a coach(sure coach on the court as a great pg..the greatest pg ever) but thats not the same thing.

kobe bryant being as intelligent as he is, actually understood crazy pjax after all those years. he loved tex winters. he loves watching Film. Thats why he actually liked mike brown. The man is a coach.

This is the sign of a COACH my friends.

told you he was listening to pj

What did you say Metta? Did Kobe the coach out coach a real coach named POP?

and watch this entire metta interview. dont stop it.

^^around the 3 min mark. Thats a coach talking. the man sounds like phil does he not?

nice.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject:

kobe's definitely gonna be coaching, while he's still playing.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject:

kobe don't have the patience to coach. Gm. Maybe.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he doesn't quite have the interpersonal skill set best suited for coaching.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject:

Kobe CAN coach. He has high basketball IQ and could outsmart every coach not named Steve Kerr, Gregg Popovich and Phil Jackson.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: