FEAR The Walking Dead
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: FEAR The Walking Dead

Thought the pilot premiere was really slow. Anyway hoping it picks up steam in the next episode which looks like it will.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject:

slow would be an understatement, considering the original show still basically hasn't moved on much from season 1.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject:

It was slow but very interesting to see how it goes down next week episode.

Alicia doe..
aachan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject:

I thought the Pilot episode was good, not so much on par with the Pilot episode of TWD (season 1 is still my fav, the image of Rick riding his horse into the dead city of Atlanta will always be one of the most memorable of the series for me), but still it was good. It was slow, but managed to keep my interest throughout. Expected the family drama since that's mostly what they advertised leading up to the show (Promos/Comic-con panels).

There isn't much I can critique or complain about other than that one character, Tobias I think his name was, the chubby kid. I simply found his character to be way too cliche/comical/cheesy. But I guess it was inevitable to have that nerdy misfit kid who happens to know exactly what's going and is an expert in the zombie apocalypse, I just hoped they could've done away with such overused characters. Also, the family situation, I'm under the understanding that the two teens aren't the guys(teacher/bf of the blonde mum) kids and that he has a family else where. It might just be that the teens look mixed nationalities that's throwing me off.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject:

Excruciatingly slow. But I'm hopeful that it gets better. I think that they are trying to get us to know the characters. Right now I know then enough to hope that they are killed off.

And anyone else think the son is a dead ringer for a young Johnny Depp? I half elected to see Peter Deluise, Dustin Nguyen, Richard Grieco and Holly Robinson.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject:

I watched the beginning and then fell asleep maybe 20 minutes in. I was thoroughly confused by this new kid. Maybe his answers to the police will get explained later in the episode.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Excruciatingly slow. But I'm hopeful that it gets better. I think that they are trying to get us to know the characters. Right now I know then enough to hope that they are killed off.

And anyone else think the son is a dead ringer for a young Johnny Depp? I half elected to see Peter Deluise, Dustin Nguyen, Richard Grieco and Holly Robinson.

According to IMDb, he's the son of Stephen Dillane a.k.a Stannis Baratheon.

The daughter's boyfriend was the actor who played Randy (the kid who snitched) on The Wire.

I agree. It was excruciatingly slow and no one in the cast really stood out.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject:

I liked it although I tend to agree it was a bit slow. What really confused me was that they went back to the church twice, why? Once the step dad saw the blood on the floor the first time shouldn't his fist move have been to call the cops? But no, he returns to the place where obviously a horrific incident occurred with his wife! And unarmed? And all of the zombies just magically disappeared? That was a head scratcher..
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject:

A big DUD ... hope it improves.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
spideysense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject:

Fear the boring dead
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
I liked it although I tend to agree it was a bit slow. What really confused me was that they went back to the church twice, why? Once the step dad saw the blood on the floor the first time shouldn't his fist move have been to call the cops? But no, he returns to the place where obviously a horrific incident occurred with his wife! And unarmed? And all of the zombies just magically disappeared? That was a head scratcher..

I know!

His next move is probably to schedule a family picnic there. Maybe invite some defenseless children too.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject:

I couldn't make it past the first 30 minutes. The trailer looks pretty good for next week. Might try again.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Actually didn't hate Fear of the Walking Dead... except these parts:

I don't why the stepdad would go visit the church on his own and then when he found all that blood, why didn't he call the cops?

I don't get why they parked the truck at the end of the tunnel (when they were searching for the drug dealer that the son just killed) and then why did he just try to back out of the tunnel instead of flipping a U?!

and why would they just walk up to the dead dude who was walking like a zombie? I know its a show, but our whole lives we've known about zombies (so we know what they look like), so why does everybody act like they don't know what is going on?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject:

^ to answer your 3rd question, I think they live in a world where there is no zombies in pop culture, it's why no one every uses that word.

I liked the show. I expected it to be slow based on the pilot for TWD. I do like how they are going the realistic route where no one is gonna believe that this is happening and they'll just write it off as you're insane or a conspiracy theorist.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Free_Kobe wrote:
Actually didn't hate Fear of the Walking Dead... except these parts:

I don't why the stepdad would go visit the church on his own and then when he found all that blood, why didn't he call the cops?

Because he's a moron.

Quote:
I don't get why they parked the truck at the end of the tunnel (when they were searching for the drug dealer that the son just killed) and then why did he just try to back out of the tunnel instead of flipping a U?!

Because they are all morons.

Quote:
and why would they just walk up to the dead dude who was walking like a zombie? I know its a show, but our whole lives we've known about zombies (so we know what they look like), so why does everybody act like they don't know what is going on?

Even if they didn't know that he was a zombie... they still knew he was a drug dealer that tried to murder their son. Thus, they were morons.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:

Yeah that was nonsense. My initial reaction to the spinoff is I welcome it if it serves as a dumping ground for bad concepts from TWD. Sounds simple, but they can fool around with another Woodbury, Hospital, storyline on a spin off and let the original grow as they've done this past half season.

Thing is though, they're just going to milk out the first few days instead it looks like. They're keeping me interested enough to tune in, but not locked in.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject:

Potential.

Minus the opening scene, the first 50 minutes was identical to one of those tryhard NBC family dramas like Parenthood or The Fosters. What excites me are some of the menacing elements of a present-day western city degenerating from "hmm something's not right" to apocalypse. This prospect is much more captivating than a show about a world already ruled by zombies. Also:

☑ Cliff Curtis
☑ Sixth Street Viaduct
☑ LA River
☐ Carl Grimes

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Pace starting to pick up... and then on hiatus next week.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Big improvement ... hate all the young kid actors except the fat one Sebastian who knows everything!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Seen a zombie apocalypse origin story far too many times to continue with this series.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject:

amc definately dropped the ball on this one. could have been a great show but it looks to be quite mediocre. i will continue to watch bc i like zombies....but that doesnt mean the show is any good. 6/10 for the first 2 episodes. terrible acting and writing
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:39 am    Post subject:

This show has so many haters. Second episode was really great. I guess the hate is expected with the all success.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject:

The writers are killing off all the black characters.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Big improvement ... hate all the young kid actors except the fat one Sebastian who knows everything!

Agree. Second episode was much more interesting as we start to see things unravel. Sucks we're heading into Labor Day weekend break just as it's picking up.

Travis son and his mother were still annoying in this episode. The ones who can't see the danger coming always are. I found Alicia and Nick less annoying. I think both characters will become more interesting as the series progresses. The first two episodes established Alicia is the one with her head on straight and I'm curious to see how Nick's character develops now that he's forced to get clean.

The fat kid's name is Tobias btw.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject:

As much as I love TWD this show for me is just kinda "filler" to keep me busy until the new season of the real show. It's kinda my methadone for my addiction, it does just enough to keep away withdrawal symptoms but does not give me the high i'm looking for.

That being said, after episode 2 last night I went back and watched episode 1 and 2 of TWD season 1 and there is absolutely no comparison.

Last edited by lakerjoshua on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: