FEAR The Walking Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject:

I liked the scene where Madison locked up Celia in the cage. Alysha has redeemed herself and she is pretty damn cute too. Nicholas and Chris are annoying especially Chris. Strand should get some appreciation for helping these people stay alive all this time.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I liked the scene where Madison locked up Celia in the cage. Alysha has redeemed herself and she is pretty damn cute too. Nicholas and Chris are annoying especially Chris. Strand should get some appreciation for helping these people stay alive all this time.

I liked that scene too. I wanted to see them deal with the consequences of that decision.

Now I guess we'll see Strand and group go back to the boat and then argue about looking for Travis and Nick.

Meanwhile, Nick will probably go hang with Travis and Chris.

Eventually, Chris will get better and somehow redeem himself and die in the process
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Alycia Debnam-Carey is pretty damn hot. I liked her in The 100 but maybe all that black makeup/paint plus the hair got in the way.

FIRE MITCH
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Its a zombie story done on the cheap. They never showed what happened to LA even though it was based here. With all the people that live here there would be no way to get out once the zombie's took over. The family is annoying, especially the mother. I actually stopped watching it altogether. I'll just wait for the TWD to come back.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
biggest mistake this series did was fly by the whole outbreak stage of the apocalypse. More screen time could have been shown where stuff hits the fan but world is not yet completely over-run by zombies. The entire first season could have been the family facing survival against zombies and impending anarchy before the whole military safe zone came up.

I agree. When this show was first announced I was looking forward to seeing the characters dealing with the beginnings of the apocalypse. However, they sped through it in about 2-3 episodes. Maybe it was just too expensive to keep shooting scenes of utter chaos unfolding.

Thats because its being done on the cheap. When I saw how they did season 1 knew this was gonna be a dud.
ainsley
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject:

None of anything that happens on this show feels earned. It's like characters are just doing dumb things for the sake of creating conflict or drama.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

yeah.. its getting old.. and not going anywhere.. I wanted more than just a west coast crappier version of TWD..
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject:

This is probably a very lame reference, but I'm going to wedge it in anyhow.

I was hoping this show would be to the walking dead what xena was to hercules. I thought some of the creative minds at work on The Walking Dead were feeling handcuffed by some of the gentler aspects of the Walking Dead, and wanted to make a darker show with less restrictions. Instead, it seems like it has gotten even lamer, with pretty terrible pacing.

I anticipated better things, and will still give this show another season before I give up entirely, but it is looking pretty grim right now.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject:

This show was an appetizer for the real show TWD.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject:

I'll still keep watching it. But it's not the show that TWD is.

They should use this show as an opportunity to kill off main characters on a more regular basis.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject:

I think this show is trying to get cancelled.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
I think this show is trying to get cancelled.

Seriously. That was the slowest most fillerish season opener ever.

What was the whole premise of this show supposed to be again? I thought it was, "We know what's happening in Georgia. Let's see what happens in a place like Los Angeles!"

...then they quickly make it about what happens in Mexico instead.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject:

I'm leaning towards giving up on this show. I don't know why I keep watching and hoping it will get better.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject:

didnt even realize this show started up again. I will probably end up giving up as well. Only thing that kept me somewhat intrigued while watching last season was to see what was the mystery behind Strand and what was in Mexico. Both reveals were big let downs and now this show is pretty much a lame bootleg version of walking dead.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

Anyone still watching? Thoughts on the first 4 episodes?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
Anyone still watching? Thoughts on the first 4 episodes?

Still watching but only because there's not much else on TV Sunday evenings right now. Alicia was starting become interesting last season but she's slipping back into her moody teenager routine. In fact, I don't find any of the characters in FTWD to be all that interesting except for Daniel. The episode that focused on him was the only one I really liked, so far, this season. Strand was interesting in the beginning when the secret of his escape plan was still a secret but that was over after Season 2.

Thankfully, Preacher started back up this week so they better wrap up FTWD before GoT starts back up in three weeks or the rest of the episodes will just sit on my DVR waiting until I have time to binge watch. That's what happened last season.

If this show or it's parent show got cancelled, I wouldn't miss them too much. I loved the zombie apocalypse genre but it's so played out now.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject:

anyone still watching this series? I was skeptical about the whole Morgan meets the Fear series at first... definitely a different flow than other seasons but Im actually enjoying it more. There isnt any true core/main characters at this point so the storylines are much more freeflowing as they are not weighed down by always being centered around the main characters
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject:

The show is definitely better now that Madison and Nick are gone, but it still drags a bit. I thought the point was to have a version of the Walking Dead in a different setting and on a different timeline, but it's essentially become a clone of the original show with fewer interesting characters.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

That "make you stronger" lady should have been killed at least three times already and now she'll end up a threat again in the next episode. I wonder if anyone else in the cast gets killed off in the season finale this weekend because of that decision.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

yes besides Strand there's basically no other captivating survivors left but thats part of the appeal for me. A rag tag collection of survivors working together out of necessity. Pretty much everyone is fairgame to dying at this point which keeps things interesting and opens the door to a fresh cycle of new survivors joining in instead of being bored with the same group season after season.

and I agree someone most likely heads will roll next episode. So far its been way too clean how they were all able to reunite after being separated from the hurricane.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: