PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Wow this show is horrible.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:

Show is fine, last couple of episodes have been great. I guess with the Walking Dead name, people just hate for no real reason at all.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

Show is fine, last couple of episodes have been great. I guess with the Walking Dead name, people just hate for no real reason at all.

The Walking Dead name both hurts it and helps it.

The name definitely made many people automatically tune in.

But at the same time, the name carries baggage. It's sometimes hard to see this as its own show starting completely from the beginning. We already know so much that these characters are clueless about. It almost feels like you want it to rush to the good stuff.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject:

I like the Johnny Depp/Taylor Kitsch actor, I think he has done a pretty good job so far. His character is annoying though.

I like the El Salvadorian Dad, he seems to have been a veteran of many other Zombie Acopalypses.

I actually like this show
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:47 am    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:

Me too. It's compelling because the apocalyptic arc is still vertical, which means it's still the focus of the story, where TWD's has flatlined and now the show depends on the relationships between uninteresting characters.

Maybe the desert = the farm

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject:

I wonder how long it will take before we see people "opting out"? That was always something in the original show that creeped me out, seeing the people who'd hung themselves then turned. Now that TWD arc has progressed we see lees and less of that.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:

gawd I hope not.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:

gawd I hope not.

Me either. I hope they continue to stay in the city for awhile and we continue to see civilization descend into chaos and confusion. They're still having trouble accepting what is happening.

TWD fast-tracked through all of that. When Rick awoke from his coma in the pilot everyone was already in survival mode.

This show should take advantage of being years behind in the timeline from TWD and use that time to fill in the gaps on how everything fell apart.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Not a bad episode. Now I'm actually looking forward to the next episode instead of just watching out of some sort of weird obligation I feel to watch it due to it being associated with The Walking Dead.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject:

this show is terrible. every week i have been hoping for it to get better. but it just gets worse and worse. cant wait for the varsity show to start
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:

Me too. It's compelling because the apocalyptic arc is still vertical, which means it's still the focus of the story, where TWD's has flatlined and now the show depends on the relationships between uninteresting characters.

Brilliantly put Monty.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:43 am    Post subject:

The one problem I have with this show is that most of the characters are seriously unlikable, especially the meth head and his mother. When the military was hauling him off at the end of the episode I was hoping that would be the last we see of him for a while, but it looks like they're going to try to rescue him.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject:

One of the few complaints I have is the lack of realism: the show's apocalyptic version doesn't have nearly as much violence as real life East LA.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:

gawd I hope not.

Me either. I hope they continue to stay in the city for awhile and we continue to see civilization descend into chaos and confusion. They're still having trouble accepting what is happening.

TWD fast-tracked through all of that. When Rick awoke from his coma in the pilot everyone was already in survival mode.

This show should take advantage of being years behind in the timeline from TWD and use that time to fill in the gaps on how everything fell apart.

Interesting you say that. I was under the impression that TWD was 1 maybe 2 years removed from Rick waking up to the point they are now (carls aging takes some suspension of disbelief). I mean lets think about it, 6 months on the farm, 6 mo in the prison, where else have they stayed for any length of time?

That said, I made a comment to my wife at the beginning of last nights episode when they said they were 9 days in, that it was getting close to the time period that Rick should be waking up. I'm assuming Rick was not in his coma for more than a few weeks as he'd have died of malnutrition.

Also, I'm a little disappointed they skipped ahead 9 days and did not show us the safe zone being set up, why the military picked that specific neighborhood to build a fence around, or show us the epic mass genocide that obviously took place, that's a HUGE gap. However, if they keep skipping ahead 9-10 days each episode, they will be in the current TWD timeline by the end of season 2
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:

gawd I hope not.

Interesting you say that. I was under the impression that TWD was 1 maybe 2 years removed from Rick waking up to the point they are now (carls aging takes some suspension of disbelief). I mean lets think about it, 6 months on the farm, 6 mo in the prison, where else have they stayed for any length of time?

That said, I made a comment to my wife at the beginning of last nights episode when they said they were 9 days in, that it was getting close to the time period that Rick should be waking up. I'm assuming Rick was not in his coma for more than a few weeks as he'd have died of malnutrition.

Also, I'm a little disappointed they skipped ahead 9 days and did not show us the safe zone being set up, why the military picked that specific neighborhood to build a fence around, or show us the epic mass genocide that obviously took place, that's a HUGE gap. However, if they keep skipping ahead 9-10 days each episode, they will be in the current TWD timeline by the end of season 2

He might have been on his own for a short time after the hospital was abandoned, but he could have been in that coma receiving care for months while things were slowly falling apart.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:

gawd I hope not.

He might have been on his own for a short time after the hospital was abandoned, but he could have been in that coma receiving care for months while things were slowly falling apart.

Right totally agree they never say how long it was he was in the coma after being shot but that's not my point is that. My point is, once the power failed at the Hospital and civilization fell, he would have a matter of days once life support failed. Hence, 9 days in would be right around when he'd have woken up yes? I mean it's impossible he slept through "months" of the apocalypse cuz he'd have died. Rather days, maybe a week after ish went down.

In the new timeline hospitals were falling on day one.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:

gawd I hope not.

Yeah. That's what I figure.

Rick may have been in a coma for a few months, but woke up shortly after the hospital was abandoned.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:

gawd I hope not.

Rick may have been in a coma for a few months, but woke up shortly after the hospital was abandoned.

But we know that things didn't "slowly fall apart". And he wasn't on his own after the Hospital he met Morgan than went to Atlanta in episode 1 remember? And what did Rick see in Atlanta? Yup a military Helicopter. Meaning when he was in Atlanta, he was in the current timeline of Fear TWD. Meaning all of season 1 takes place within days/ weeks of the initial outbreak.

Let's do a thought experiment, we know the hospitals are overrun in first 2 days. Back up generators would have failed in 2 days and a human cannot live more than 3 days without water. So that's what, 7 days?
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Really liking this series. Feels a lot different than Walking Dead. Don't get all the hate really, people probably just watched the first 15 minutes and based an opinion off of that.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:

gawd I hope not.

But we know that things didn't "slowly fall apart". And he wasn't on his own after the Hospital he met Morgan than went to Atlanta in episode 1 remember? And what did Rick see in Atlanta? Yup a military Helicopter. Meaning when he was in Atlanta, he was in the current timeline of Fear TWD. Meaning all of season 1 takes place within days/ weeks of the initial outbreak.

Let's do a thought experiment, we know the hospitals are overrun in first 2 days. Back up generators would have failed in 2 days and a human cannot live more than 3 days without water. So that's what, 7 days?

I'm saying things fell apart slowly because of this video log entry from Dr. Jenner at the CDC.

LINK
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:

gawd I hope not.

The wife started banging the other dude that quickly? This further confirms my feelings about her.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:

gawd I hope not.

The wife started banging the other dude that quickly? This further confirms my feelings about her.

Which is why ive had a strong dislike for her
and Shane since season 1.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:

gawd I hope not.

I'm saying things fell apart slowly because of this video log entry from Dr. Jenner at the CDC.

LINK

Ramblings of a mad man who spent 2 weeks alone then decided suicide is more fun with friends...?

That whole CDC thing aways bugged me too. Closest we had to an explanation and completely ignored for 3 and a half seasons. You got me bud, idk.

BTW that link is click bait, no video just commercials over and over. Bad link.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject:

this episode was good! its taken a really dark turn though.. they're just mowing down people not even checking them.. that's pretty messed up.

I love the gov't cover up angle.. its crazy to see.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject:

another week, another terrible episode
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: