Suns inducting Steve Nash into Ring of Honor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Suns inducting Steve Nash into Ring of Honor

Who knew the Suns had a ring of honor?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/24/suns-inducting-steve-nash-into-ring-of-honor/

Quote:
Suns inducting Steve Nash into Ring of Honor

Suns fans surely weren’t thrilled when Steve Nash left for the Lakers, but they gave him a standing ovation in his return to Phoenix.

As Nash and the Lakers fell way short of expectations and the Suns exceeded them, it became even easier for Phoenix fans to appreciate Nash.

They’ll have another opportunity in a couple months.

Suns release:

The Phoenix Suns will induct two-time NBA Most Valuable Player, Steve Nash, into the Suns Ring of Honor on Friday, October 30, at halftime of the Suns-Portland Trail Blazers game

Nash will become the fourteenth member of the Suns Ring of Honor, joining Alvan Adams, Charles Barkley, Tom Chambers, Jerry Colangelo, Walter Davis, Cotton Fitzsimmons, Connie Hawkins, Kevin Johnson, Dan Majerle, John MacLeod, Joe Proski, Dick Van Arsdale and Paul Westphal, as those who have received the Suns highest honor.

That’s a pretty big ring of honor, and Nash comfortably warrants inclusion.

A two-time MVP with the Suns, Nash was the catalyst of Mike D’Antoni’s revolutionary up-tempo spread offense. Nash pushed the pace, found open teammates in highly efficient areas and shot incredibly well himself. Those Phoenix teams were good enough to win a title. They just happened not to.

Nash is an all-time Suns great, maybe the franchise’s best player ever. This is only the start of honors he’ll receive in retirement.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject:

I did, because sadly, I tuned into the Phoenix Suns channel when I didn't have access to the Lakers feed one time...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject:

I never thought of ring of honor for basketball teams football teams sure the Colts have one.

I figured a jersey up in the rafters was all one gets.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject:

why would a team without any championships call it the "ring" of honor? pick another name.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject:

i just have to point out...one of my favorite NBA moments in the category of "it's so good, you couldn't have scripted it better"...

Kobe has record setting year, in contention for MVP
Nash wins controversial MVP, Kobe runner up
The NEXT DAY...this happens:

I don't think any other MVP in history has had something like that happen. as J Walter Weatherman says "That's what happens when you don't give the MVP to the right person."
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject:

I have no love for Steve Nash.
He received the MVP award the season Kobe dropped 81.
He was never healthy when he played for us.
And his trade cost us 4 draft picks.

At least he taught Clarkson a few things last season.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Ring of Honor and parades for runner up for the NBA Finals....your Phoenix Suns everybody!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
i just have to point out...one of my favorite NBA moments in the category of "it's so good, you couldn't have scripted it better"...

I don't think any other MVP in history has had something like that happen. as J Walter Weatherman says "That's what happens when you don't give the MVP to the right person."

You didn't watch Hakeem Olajuwon shoving David Robinson's MVP trophy up Robinson's ass and ripping him a new hole for four games back in '94, I take it?
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:20 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

You should probably let it go. The only thing on that list that he made the choice of was working with Clarkson everything else was out of his control.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
kikanga wrote:

You should probably let it go. The only thing on that list that he made the choice of was working with Clarkson everything else was out of his control.

I don't hate the guy.
He's just done nothing to garner my affection.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject:

I'd have loved to have had him a Laker earlier. A great guard.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
As Nash and the Lakers fell way short of expectations and the Suns exceeded them, it became even easier for Phoenix fans to appreciate Nash.

These guys seriously going to brag about going 39-43 and missing the playoffs? Call us when you actually win championships.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) this career loser.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/10/31/suns-induct-steve-nash-into-their-ring-of-honor/

Quote:
Suns induct Steve Nash into their ring of honor

Steve Nash spent 10 years as a member of the Phoenix Suns — that was the franchise that drafted him out of Santa Clara, and it was at that franchise where he and Mike D’Antoni started a basketball revolution that is still sweeping the NBA today.

But rather than me tell you the numbers trying to explain what Nash did in the Valley of the Sun, why not check out a Suns’ highlight package of Nash.

That’s why on Friday night the Suns inducted Nash into their Ring of Honor.

Above you can see part of the ceremony, and here you can see the clearly moved Nash thank the fans and organization with his induction speech.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
(bleep) this career loser.

yes
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Dunno why people would be surprised...he played his prime years as a Sun.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Phoenix is so cute.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

1. Kobe wasn't the runner-up; he came in fourth in the voting. The runner-up was Lebron.

2. Some preliminary reports indicated Nash appeared to have won the MVP, but the award wasn't officially announced until the day after the Sun beat the Lakers in the 7th game of that series.

3. Hard to get too giddy about that series -- we were up 3-1 and then lost the last 3 games by an average of 18 points a game. In the Nash gets the last laugh department, Kobe only scored one point in the second half of game 7, where the Lakers lost by 29. Fun dunk, though.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:31 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

1. Kobe wasn't the runner-up; he came in fourth in the voting. The runner-up was Lebron.

2. Some preliminary reports indicated Nash appeared to have won the MVP, but the award wasn't officially announced until the day after the Sun beat the Lakers in the 7th game of that series.

3. Hard to get too giddy about that series -- we were up 3-1 and then lost the last 3 games by an average of 18 points a game. In the Nash gets the last laugh department, Kobe only scored one point in the second half of game 7, where the Lakers lost by 29. Fun dunk, though.

I recall we were one rebound away from winning the series.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
activeverb wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

I think your memory is wrong.

We lost one game by 7 points, and our three other losses were double digit blowouts, so I don't see how one rebound could make the difference.

However, two of our three wins were by a single point, so it's possible the Sun were one rebound away from winning one of them. So you might have it in reverse.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
activeverb wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

No, it was Tim (bleep) thomas.

We lost one game by 7 points, and our three other losses were double digit blowouts, so I don't see how one rebound could make the difference.

However, two of our three wins were by a single point, so it's possible the Sun were one rebound away from winning one of them. So you might have it in reverse.
miamichico305
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject:

When are we introducing him to our ring of robbers, dude robbed the Lakers. He will join Luke Walton and Kwame Brown.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Well deserved. Weren't for the Spurs and Lakers, dude may have some serious jewelry.
nashftw
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:59 am    Post subject:

why all the hate? the guy overachieved despite his physical limitations. just too bad his time as a Laker was when his body was giving up at the tailend of a very good career. not his fault at all.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
activeverb wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

No, it was Tim (bleep) thomas.

This rebound.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: