Bad REFs I got a solution.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjigga3000
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Bad REFs I got a solution.

I have a solution, to the continuous bad calls that refs make during the season. Let me scratch that, terrible calls. Each team has 2 refs assigned to them. A permanent, and an alternative. The permanent and alternative refs, practice when the teams practices learning the nuances of the team, and how each player plays, they would also call team practices or scrimages. Wether team is away or at home they have either ref that stays with team. During NBA regulated games both teams have a ref assigned to them at the game, and a neutral ref, to keep calls unbiased.

I think this is the best solution, because refs continue to make horrible calls and are very inconsistent from game to game. It would also take the game out of the refs hands, and put it into the teams hands.

I feel that there are a lot of games in which teams should win the games but they lose em because of bad calls, or non calls.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject:

Would never work. They assign different refs to each game and only announce them minutes before tip off, so no ref can be bought. Best solution fire them all and start over. Have refs for the refs so they have accountability, including fines and suspensions for bad reffing.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
Would never work. They assign different refs to each game and only announce them minutes before tip off, so no ref can be bought. Best solution fire them all and start over. Have refs for the refs so they have accountability, including fines and suspensions for bad reffing.
They supposedly already do this, but I have yet to see any evidence to support the League's claims of oversight.
jjigga3000
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
Could work cause you have on nuetral ref to keep both refs in check, I guarantee there would be less calls. Now adays most of the refs are on crews and develop favortism for certain players and anymosity towards others. I believe this would prevent a lot of that.
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:

One quick fix: each team picks 2 refs they refuse to let referee their games. I have a couple in mind that would quickly be out of jobs.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject:

Hmmm.... Javie and ?

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject:

Out of curiosity, is this backlash form the Indiana spanking L.A. took the other day?
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject:

Until refs in the NBA are held accountable for their bad calls, nothing will change. There should be uniform calls for everyone. No Javie has a quick trigger and this other guy calls traveling. Until the NBA makes referreeing uniform, and holds the refs accountable, nothing will change.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject:

I think the reason we see so many bad calls and questionable calls are because a lot of the rules aren't entirely clear. They are somewhat left up to the refs to make a decision about. The most obvious is the charge/block decision. There needs to be clearer, more specific rules to differentiate which one is which. (I.e Dropping a shoulder into a defender while the defender's inside the restricted circle. Is that a charge/block. Elbowing somebody inside the restricted circle. Charge/block?) The more specific the rules are, the fewer times its left to judgment calls by the refs.

Back in the day, refs weren't as big of a problem, simply because the league had rules that "let 'em play" with nothing except hard fouls being called. These days, because the rules call for tighter officiating, there's more places for refs to make bad calls.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
Out of curiosity, is this backlash form the Indiana spanking L.A. took the other day?

If it is, it's completely unfounded. There are plenty of examples of horrendously called games. There wasn't anything glaring about the refereeing in that game.
GMWEST
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Are you guys CRAZY ?

NBA Refs have been HORRIFIC for the last 15 years.

Why do you think they want to change anything NOW?

Did David Sterns Retire or something?

David Stern's pompus *ss, doesn't care what the fans think.

Hell, most of you enjoyed the last 15 years of Jordan's Rules.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
Best solution fire them all and start over.

Didn't the IRS do this for us (except Jobbie) and wasn't when it started getting really bad?
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject:

How mant times have we seen a bad call, and then looking over it in slow-mo, only to see it wasn't a bad call it was a horrible call?! I think coaches should be able to challenge these calls. Look it over, and go from there.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Another solution is to remove one testical (of their choice) from each ref, then maybe their egos' wouldn't be so damn big.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: