QFTOS: other NBA forum deals with Jeremy Lin refugees
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: QFTOS: other NBA forum deals with Jeremy Lin refugees

http://hornetsplanet.com/forum/31-all-things-jeremy-lin/

Too classic not to share...I'll post my favorite gutbusters but do some browsing to get the true picture.

This forum went further than an official thread. It was such a problem that they gave it its own SECTION!

hornets fan wrote:

I get you guys are Lin fans.

What perplexes me is the fact that you all feel the need to give short-essays justifying your fandom. This sub-forum is so full of tl;dr nonsense that it's just gotten to the point where I can't even bother anymore.

The way I see it, you have four options with subtle variations that you can make on the go:

1- Own what you are, and just tell us without this lengthy (bleep) about how ashamed you are of everyone else.

2 - Own it and say you're sorry for everyone else, but stop trying to justify it, because we've seriously read every excuse dozens of times now.

3 - Troll, get called out, get banned

4 - Register and go to the main forum, reddit, realgm, wikipedia, QCHoops, what the (bleep) ever, and at least gain a fundamental knowledge of the team and contribute how you can while coming here and at least being an auxiliary fan of the Hornets instead of posting these (bleep) threads that only Lin fans read.

Until then, I'm going to skim past everything you post because it's hilariously ridiculous, too long, or both.

hornets fan wrote:
Wait.....we have a Jeremy Lin-specific subforum now? I thought the guy was a solid pickup, but I didn't expect this.

a moderator wrote:
RevolDas, please don't confuse a Lin-Only section here as a prescribed place to write literature about one player ignoring that it's a team game. Ziggy created the sub-Forum as a response to all of this being dumped into the rest of the form.

Personally I'd prefer this sub-forum eventually dies of inactivity because posters are here to talk about the Hornets, not conduct multi speaker symposia on "Lin, the over-examined life." This, as we've reminded many already, is called HornetsPlanet for a reason.

I think the frustration you are reading is that were not opposed at all to having new contributors, but since we all know significantly more about Jeremy than those new to here know about the Hornets, your writings are being consumed by each other rather than us. I am not telling you not to do it, just explaining the frustrated response.

Bottom line, welcome to Hornets Planet.

fafan wrote:
Thanks Admin. Hope can get more info. about Lin. It seems pretty quite now.

nimby hornets fan wrote:
This Lin will transform your team stuff is already tired. I really hope this doesn't get out of hand. Lin is a good get, he'll be a fine addition, his following here is already trollarific however and I fear this is just the beginning.

Jeremy Lin fan model TK-421-2.0b wrote:
Not easy to be a Lin fan!

frustrated Lin fan wrote:
I don't think this is necessary. What you are doing is no different to what clutchfans and lakersground did.

People should be allowed to talk about Lin as Hornet. Do we have to limit our praises to Lin to this section now? Or is this going to be a case where haters are allowed to say whatever they want about Lin all over this site but Lin fans have to be confined here?

other Lin fan, but really kind of the same wrote:
The reputation of Lin's fans precedes them. Time will tell if that reputation can be altered on Hornetsplanet. It'll certainly have to be a collective effort.

give me lin or give me death wrote:
I'm not a fan of this. Why alienate Lin fans from Hornet fans. I'm a die hard Lin fan and will be a hornet fan automatically for as long as Lin stays here and is treated well and not marginalized by Kemba and coach like he was by Melo woodsmen harden McHale or Kobe Scott.

As long as Lin is here we are hornet fans

moderator wrote:
Lin fans have a reputation of being... Prolific.

So that the Hornets area wouldn't be overwhelmed with Lin talk, I gave them a section where they could run wild with in specific discussion.

lin fan in denial wrote:
eh, this is probably for the best.

when you have the likes of linsgood and linsanity running around sprouting crap and going as far as using terms like "black" and "you balcks" and stuff like "lin's a gajillion times bettern than kemba" even before the season starts, then having a place for lin only stuff to go in is always a good idea.

this lets the hornets fans know that when they come in here, they better prepare for some really stupid shyet. not that lin fans are all crazy. it is my belief that the over the top crazy shmucks are really lin haters who follow lin fans around posting over the top shyet and elevating lin to god status to give lin and lin fans a bad name. no idea why... maybe its clutch with vendetta against lin or something...

hornets fan wrote:
In just a few days tho it should be blatantly obvious why this dedicated section to Lin is essential for keeping this site as it's always been; a forum for talking about the TEAM and for rooting on all the players.

lin fan...sigh wrote:
So happy with this signing. Bobcats are getting an amazing player. A hidden gem.

I have been watching Jeremy Lin since his college days and he is one of the most underrated and under appreciated players. He could easily start on more than half of the NBA teams if not for hidden racism against him in the NBA. Both Houston and Lakers hurt his perception around the league. McHale and Scott hates him because of his race and gave the minutes to unproven black players even though Jeremy Lin was clearly better. James Harden and Kobe Bryant did not help either. Those two are the biggest ballhogs in the NBA and took away all the shots from the team.

If you look at the numbers, you will see that Jeremy Lin is one of the best penetrators in the league. He has excellent handles and court vision. Very good pick and roll player, Good defender. He is also a very humble person and a great teammate!

Kemba Walker is starting but dont be surprised him Jeremy Lin replaces him and becomes the starter by All star break. All he needs is a fair coach.

Like most people you are underestimating Lin.

Lin is lightning fast and athletic. He can knock it down from outside and is one of the best penetrators in the league. He also has a killer pick and roll game.

The only reason Walker is a default starter is because he is black in a league that is predominantly black.

If Lin gets a fair coach he can easily be the starter PG on most NBA teams.

philnyc wrote:
I'm not a Lin extremist...but remember that Lin started putting up some great numbers in LA after the All-Star break...right around the time when Kobe wrapped up for the season. Coincidence?

an oracle wrote:
Hey, just wanted to give u guys a heads up. You're going to get a lot of irrational Lin fans, they are fanatics and will place blame upon everyone else except Lin. This will test your patience. You will also get people who create fake pro-Jeremy lin accounts in an effort to make Lin fans look bad, much like the Linsanity fellow has already done in this thread. Just keep that in mind.

Plus side, this site is going to get a lot more traffic.

mod replying to oracle wrote:
It's amazing that one good but non-superstar caliber player has that kind of effect.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I have been watching Jeremy Lin since his college days and he is one of the most underrated and under appreciated players. He could easily start on more than half of the NBA teams if not for hidden racism against him in the NBA

This is their "Hey Jude."
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject:

Oh is the 'Kemba is jealous and therefore is leading the vast conspiracy against Lin' fantasy already popping up before the season's even started?
chubby_1_kenobi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject:

Keep 'em coming. This is schadenfreude at its' best.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

Hornets forums should rejoice. They've managed to increase their members 10-fold.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject:

lin super fan pretending to be mexican omg double peace sign wrote:
Thankfully the Lakers need a PG and a pick so they take Lin's last year at 15 million which was always the problem with Lin's contact. If he just got 8/8.5/8.5 25million it would be no issue but people see that 15 million for one year and it freaks them out forgetting he only got 5 million per for the first two years of the contract.

Lin more than earned his 5 million a year for the two years he was in Hou. They got a great deal for that amount of money on the court. And they made 10 times that in Asian endorsements.

So you asked why Hou gave that "big" contract to Lin if Morey and Mchale were against him from the start. There is your answer.

Next Lin was traded to the Lakers. Mitch kip gal said Lin was a player they alway wanted to get and Byron Scott said he is a fan of Lin. The season started with Lin as a starter for the 14/15 Lakers.

Lin put up close to 50/40/90 stat while being as popular and charming as ever. This made Kobr Bryant extremely jealous of Lin and he started taking about 30 field goals a game and putting up very low percentages, lower than Walker. He used to get double an triple teams and deliberately not pass to the open Lin. He cursed Lin on TV, called him a coward and p****. All this while Byron sat there and tried to cater everything to Kobe. Keep in mind Scott did everything he could to please Kobe while marginalizing Lin. This led to the same stuff that Kobe and Lin couldn't play together and resulted in Lin being benched for a scrub Ronnie Price. Kobe was a scrub all these games taking acetal bad shots and making very few and yet all the blame fell on Lin. Scott was playing along and did everything to please Kobe. He also went as far as to call career garbage Ronnie Price as head of the snake.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject:

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject:

I'm just shocked that there is an entire forum that is dedicated to the Hornets.

Nothing against the team. I just didn't think they had enough fans to keep a dedicated site active.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
I'm just shocked that there is an entire forum that is dedicated to the Hornets.

Nothing against the team. I just didn't think they had enough fans to keep a dedicated site active.

I feel for their mods. At least here we could kind of absorb them without them overwhelming everything. Over there it must be like a dam breaking into a pond.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I feel for their mods. At least here we could kind of absorb them without them overwhelming everything. Over there it must be like a dam breaking into a pond.

Still, better them than us...
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

What's amazing about this is the mods knew this was coming, planned accordingly by attempting to section them off into their own space, and it STILL didn't work.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

What's amazing about this is the mods knew this was coming, planned accordingly by attempting to section them off into their own space, and it STILL didn't work.

How this all went down.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject:

This season is already going to be a lot better than the last one with no more Lin Fans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Good riddance.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

LOL. They were standing in the basin below the dam with a bucket and a raincoat.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

In before "what do you mean by "THEM."
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Lin is gone?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Ah, the good ole days!
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
Lin is gone?

The traveling carnival that arrived at LG around July 12, 2014 left with little fanfare for HornetsPlanet on July 9, 2015. Felt like an eternity. That shiny padlock on the thread couldn't have come soon enough.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

True.

I'm a Lin fan, but I'm not going to go over there. Just like I avoid jeremylin.net. It goes beyond fandom. It's like politics.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject:

frenchbullcho wrote:
This season is already going to be a lot better than the last one with no more Lin Fans.

I'm here!
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
In before "what do you mean by "THEM."

What do you mean by THEM?
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Poor HornetsPlanet.

Lin fans are gone. K0BEE 2.0 is gone. By default, this forum is going to be FAR more enjoyable next season.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject:

This is the only fan base big enough to push back. He consumed the Knicks and Rockets boards. Mods here did a good job quarantining them.

Poor small Hornets fan base. They don't know what's gonna hit them.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
This is the only fan base big enough to push back. He consumed the Knicks and Rockets boards. Mods here did a good job quarantining them.

Poor small Hornets fan base. They don't know what's gonna hit them.

I'm putting that (bleep) on my resume.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: