Derrick Rose accused of drugging and gang raping ex-girlfriend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Derrick Rose accused of drugging and gang assaulting ex-girlfriend

OdomGrab wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Quote:
Derrick Rose is being sued by a woman who claims the NBA Superstar and two of his friends drugged and gang assaulted her.

The woman, identified only as Jane Doe, says she and Rose dated from 2011 to 2013. During that time, Rose allegedly tried to pressure her to (bleep) in front of him, allow him to have sex with her friends and engage in group sex with strangers, all of which she says she refused.

Rose's accuser says the two continued to date until August 2013, when Rose and two friends, Ryan Allen and Randall Hampton (who is also Rose's personal manager) invited her to Rose's Beverly Hills house. She says there, they slipped a drug into her drink with the aim of assaulting her.

The plaintiff says she escaped the house with a friend, but later that night, Rose and his friends broke into her apartment and gang assaulted her while she was incapacitated. She says she remembers only "flashes" of the the incident, but can remember the defendants forcibly assaulting her.

She claims she waited for two years to file the suit because she was "ashamed and embarrassed" of what happened and concerned her "conservative family" would find out.
She wants unspecified damages.

We've reached out to an attorney for Rose, but so far ... no word back.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/26/derric...#ixzz3jySOfCry

hmm let me see...

The victim is

rich..............check
Black............Check
Male...............check
Athlete...........check
Likely to settle out of court to protect image/endorsements...check
Unlikely to marry the trash......check

yep...so...the only thing left to do is get that r*pe money.

for all the white knights shaking their head...u lucky u broke.
feminism is a gift that keeps on giving.

I would guess that is false, thus the public announcement. My guess is that in the last two years attempts were made to settle out of the public eye.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject:

carlosLisboa wrote:
There is no way around it...Either this is true, or a blatant lie, and show who Derrick hangs with.

I am still mesmerized how can players stick to these crap behaviors even after years in the NBA (assuming they are not planning to be law abiding citizens ) and being constantly reminded how this is bad PR and the financial impact.

This was one year after his kid was born...
They can pay adult-entertainment-professionals, for god's sake and need not to this stuff....

Depressing....

Couldn't a professional also extort him? Considering that the alleged victim was a consensual girlfriend/mistress whatever of Rose for a considerable period of time, it seems likely that this is just a woman who is mad that the millionaire athlete moved on from her and she can no longer live that lifestyle. People of all income levels have messy breakups that lead to one side going a little crazy.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Rose is such a douche, first with his malingering and now this.

Yeah, because women never accuse things like this for money.

Women do not like money, you know that. Their integrity should never be questioned. Men are evil, just ask a girlfriend that stayed with her evil boyfriend to evaluate just how long his evil would persist.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Rose looks the type of dude who would be into that stuff.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject:

I'm going out on a limb and say she doesn't have 2 year old used condoms lying around.

Quote:
Derrick Rose gave his rape accuser a list of demands prior to her deposition ... including one very odd request -- used condoms from the night she was allegedly gang raped.
During preparation for a deposition in January ... Rose and his attorneys submitted a request for materials related to the case. They asked the accuser for the usual stuff -- texts, photos and emails. They also asked for "any and all condoms that you retained as evidence from after the alleged rape."
You'll recall the woman claims Rose and 2 of his friends drugged her, then got into her apartment later that night and raped her ... back in August 2013. She's suing for more than $20 million.
It's unclear if Rose's request is based on direct knowledge she held onto condoms that now would be well over 2 years old. It's also unclear how they would impact the case.
Based on the docs, it's clear the accuser produced some of the requested materials ... like texts. We don't know if she ever gave up the jimmy caps.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz464PDZRrS
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject:

I'll wait until more evidence is offered. There's a thread here about Zach Randolph assaulting a women who later recanted her story.

Don't know Rose or the young lady. Derrick doesn't strike me as that kind of person, I could be 180 out.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

See? This is the kind of stuff I hate. You get the POV of the woman, which contains no proof, and then everyone condemns the guy.

FCS, at least wait for some definitive proof.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/07/30/judge-refuses-to-dismiss-sex-suit-against-derrick-rose/

Quote:

Judge refuses to dismiss sex suit against Derrick Rose
LOS ANGELES (AP) A federal judge has refused to dismiss a lawsuit alleging New York Knicks player Derrick Rose and two friends drugged and gang-raped a woman.

On Wednesday, federal Judge Michael W. Fitzgerald said a jury must decide whether to believe Rose’s contention that the woman, a former lover, consented to group sex at her home in 2013.

The case could now go to trial in October, when Knicks training camp gets underway.

Messages left for Rose’s agent, B.J. Armstrong, were not immediately returned Saturday.

According to court records, the woman had been drinking at Rose’s Beverly Hills, California, home, and a friend helped her return home, where she vomited and fell asleep.

The woman’s $21.5 million sexual battery lawsuit contends that Rose and the other two defendants entered her apartment the next morning and raped her.

The woman believes that an unknown drug was slipped into her drink at Rose’s home, and she “did not do any pregnancy tests or a rape kit because she was terribly ashamed and embarrassed,” according to her lawsuit.

Rose has denied the allegations, and his lawyer has labeled the lawsuit an extortion attempt.

Defense court filings contend that the woman consented to the sex acts, invited the men to her apartment and buzzed them in through security.

In denying Rose’s request to toss out the lawsuit, the judge said Rose’s version of events “could well convince a reasonable jury,” but there was substantial disagreement over the facts and a jury also could conclude the opposite.

Rose, 27, was the NBA’s 2011 MVP with the Chicago Bulls, but he has struggled with knee injuries and was traded to the Knicks in June.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Number 7 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

See? This is the kind of stuff I hate. You get the POV of the woman, which contains no proof, and then everyone condemns the guy.

FCS, at least wait for some definitive proof.

Some people automatically blame the guy; some people automatically defend the guy.

Personally, I don't pretend to have any idea what the truth of the story is, and I don't have an opinion about it one way or the other at this point.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Apparently these are the details coming out

https://thinkprogress.org/derrick-rose-rape-case-2182c16b55e2#.o6fqn58x3
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Apparently these are the details coming out

https://thinkprogress.org/derrick-rose-assault-case-2182c16b55e2#.o6fqn58x3

I was reading that earlier. Pretty disturbing.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject:

article has been taken down apparently, guessing it was a rushed story without evidence/merit?
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
article has been taken down apparently, guessing it was a rushed story without evidence/merit?

Nope. It's still showing for me.

https://thinkprogress.org/derrick-rose-rape-case-2182c16b55e2

The article is written based off of court documents, you can't fake those items.

Pau Gasol is nice
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
MJST wrote:

https://thinkprogress.org/derrick-rose-assault-case-2182c16b55e2

The article is written based off of court documents, you can't fake those items.

You may not be familiar with the LG:SVU but they've already determined the girl is lying and/or asked for it.

Derrick should have his day in court, but if his attorneys are immediately going for the "she has suggestive pictures on Instagram and is therefore unrapeable" defense, it speaks volumes.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
MJST wrote:

That one's not working for me.

Try this one:

https://thinkprogress.org/derrick-rose-rape-case-2182c16b55e2#.fq4lucib8
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
MJST wrote:

You may not be familiar with the LG:SVU but they've already determined the girl is lying and/or asked for it.

Derrick should have his day in court, but if his attorneys are immediately going for the "she has suggestive pictures on Instagram and is therefore unrapeable" defense, it speaks volumes.

Indeed. And Derrick contradicted himself a few times in his own deposition. I wanted to believe Derrick was completely innocent but it's looking shaky at best...
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Wow he is dumb!

All that money and he couldn't find a pro to do all the kinky crap he wanted and get it out of his system.

Total idiot.

Bye.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Indeed. And Derrick contradicted himself a few times in his own deposition. I wanted to believe Derrick was completely innocent but it's looking shaky at best...

This is a very ugly story and getting worse by the day as the facts start to come out. It is strange the press isn't jumping on this like they did with Kobe, of course Rose is a long way from Kobe despite them both having one MVP each....

If what she alleges is true, he needs to go away like Darren Sharper for a long time and think about things.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject:

It is ugly. There is no evidence proving Rose is innocent so far from what I read.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject:

Dang from reading most of that article (I couldn't finish it with all the smut) Rose is one weird dude.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
It is ugly. There is no evidence proving Rose is innocent so far from what I read.

It's a civil case so it's just a preponderance standard, (i.e. 50.0000001% is needed by the woman suing). Of course they will drag this woman through hell before it's said and done, and most people drop the case. It doesn't seem like she is.

Regardless, Rose comes out as quite the scumbag so far.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
TDRock wrote:

This is a very ugly story and getting worse by the day as the facts start to come out. It is strange the press isn't jumping on this like they did with Kobe, of course Rose is a long way from Kobe despite them both having one MVP each....

If what she alleges is true, he needs to go away like Darren Sharper for a long time and think about things.

IIRC it's a civil case; not sure if there's a criminal case (but seems to me there isn't b/c he would have asserted 5th amendment rights to not testify in the civil case).
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
TDRock wrote:

IIRC it's a civil case; not sure if there's a criminal case (but seems to me there isn't b/c he would have asserted 5th amendment rights to not testify in the civil case).

My bad guys, I had confused myself into thinking it was a criminal case. If I am Rose's attorney, I would have settled this bad boy one way or the other before the facts came out....yikes. Amazing that he is mostly getting a completely free pass from the media.

Say what you will about TMZ, at least they are reporting about it.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Dang from reading most of that article (I couldn't finish it with all the smut) Rose is one weird dude.

Yup.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
TDRock wrote:

My bad guys, I had confused myself into thinking it was a criminal case. If I am Rose's attorney, I would have settled this bad boy one way or the other before the facts came out....yikes. Amazing that he is mostly getting a completely free pass from the media.

Say what you will about TMZ, at least they are reporting about it.

Only because

1) the alleged victim is black a woman of color doesn't really matter when it comes to being the victim.
2) Derrick Rose hasn't been relevant in a long time compared to some of his peers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: