Derrick Rose accused of drugging and gang raping ex-girlfriend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
http://nypost.com/2016/10/17/derrick-roses-accuser-trying-to-block-ex-coworkers-testimony/
if coworker's testimony is true it pretty much blows her accusations out the water

Pretty much.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:
MJST wrote:
Apparently the girls story was very inconsistent, it looks like this case may be over shortly from a narrative perspective, as she couldn't seem to keep her story straight. I'll look more into this case when I can but that apparently was what happened the first day of court.

From what I've read, it doesn't seem like a strong case. It seems like a he said/she said case, with a lot of holes in it. Seems like the biggest risk for Rose is if the jurors just don't like him. Based on the facts I've read, it seems like it would be hard for me to vote against him if I were on the juror.

Agreed, but I've learned firsthand that the media reports of a trial vary a lot from what really happened. Most importantly, when the jury looked Rose in the eye, did they believe him?

That's the $21 million question. This is all about who the juror believes.

Here's a question: Do you think if she wins the $21 million would be reduced? It seems like such a random amount
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Just saw on Twitter the jury cleared him and his friends. Appears the case is over
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Cleared of all charges. Hopefully this teaches him not to mess with the crazy bishes.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Always thought this case was a bit sketchy. Went straight for the money.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Pyrrhic victory? A lot of ugly stuff came out of this. Adidas says it's still with Rose, but doubt many companies want him endorsing stuff.

Well, maybe President Trump may dig this stuff...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Pyrrhic victory? A lot of ugly stuff came out of this. Adidas says it's still with Rose, but doubt many companies want him endorsing stuff.

I certainly lost any remaining respect I had for him lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Jury clears Derrick Rose in civil lawsuit

Quote:
Jurors cleared NBA star Derrick Rose and two friends Wednesday in a lawsuit that accused them of gang raping his ex-girlfriend when she was incapacitated from drugs or alcohol.

The jury reached the verdict in federal court in Los Angeles after hearing dramatically different accounts of the August 2013 sexual encounter.

Rose says he's thankful that the jury rejected the lawsuit

http://www.nba.com/article/2016/10/19/derrick-rose-cleared-lawsuit
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

To me, he's just a single guy who had a lot of kinky sex with a willing partner that was nothing more than a fwb... It might hurt his endorsements, because are often based on a contrived image for public consumption, but I doubt hes different than a lot of NBA players when it comes to his interactions with women
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Rose was a guy who had orgies with this girl who then decided she wanted to try to sue him because he wouldn't put a ring on it and was found to be a liar and embarrassed herself in court.

The only mistake Rose made was messing with a girl that had the temperament to try to do something like that.

I can only imagine what Wilt would be dealing with now if he was doing the stuff he did back in his day today.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I can only imagine what Wilt would be dealing with now if he was doing the stuff he did back in his day today.

Or Magic and the Showtime crew. That was orgy central.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

To me, he's just a single guy who had a lot of kinky sex with a willing partner that was nothing more than a fwb... It might hurt his endorsements, because are often based on a contrived image for public consumption, but I doubt hes different than a lot of NBA players when it comes to his interactions with women

Right I get that. That is in fact one of the main reasons i dont have much repect for him. If any tbh
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Right I get that. That is in fact one of the main reasons i dont have much repect for him. If any tbh

do you respect any athletes because I'm sure stuff like this is pretty common.
I personally have no problem with this... as long as you are not cheating on your wife/serious gf and not completely leading someone on to crush their heart later I dont care what someone does in their single life.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject:

This country seemingly has a long way to go with understanding consent and it seems to me like her consent changed at some point. So Mr.Rose (IMO) isn't completely innocent and she seemingly tried to take advantage. I'm glad he gets to move on with his career and life but I hope he actually learned something meaningful. Particularly as he has a son.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I am not quite sure what you don't respect -- that someone has a fwb relationship? That someone has kinky sex with a willing partner?
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
22 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I am not quite sure what you don't respect -- that someone has a fwb relationship? That someone has kinky sex with a willing partner?

What do you consider kinky? Butt seks? That is normal to me.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
22 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What do you consider kinky? Butt seks? That is normal to me.

are you able to walk right afterwards?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: