Ric Bucher Believes Melo Could be Traded, Also Others...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Ric Bucher Believes Melo Could be Traded, Also Others...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2556183-ric-bucher-buying-or-selling-the-latest-nba-trade-rumors

He thinks Chicago.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject:

He could be right, especially if he shoots a million scenarios, but the fact remains that Ric is pretty much a baseless speculator, and a poor one at that.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
He could be right, especially if he shoots a million scenarios, but the fact remains that Ric is pretty much a baseless speculator, and a poor one at that.

There's no repercussion for saying, "yeah, I buy that" and then just supporting the rumor based on a previous rumor from when Melo was a FA.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject:

Doesn't Melo have a no trade clause?
THE_DAGGER
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:58 am    Post subject:

I let Bucher get my hopes up when he said a deal with the Kings and Lakers will happen. Never again.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Doesn't Melo have a no trade clause?

Yes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject:

Here's a Bucher story. First I'll say that I know the guy and I like him.

First time I met him was in the Lakers locker room. It was the first time I'd seen him at a game in LA, and I'd never met him elsewhere prior to that. This was early 2010, I think. I wanted to talk to Derek Fisher about some stuff with the union, since we were headed toward the negotiation and eventual lockout.

I was always respectful of Derek's locker room time, and will ask him in the regular scrum if he has time to talk about union stuff afterward. Sometimes it was yes (and he'd give me 1:1 time after the scrum), sometimes it was no, and sometimes he'd call me back on an off day (which his assistant Jamie would set up).

That night I asked if he had any time, and the answer was no. A minute or so afterward I was chatting with someone else (I think Eric Pincus) and Ric came up, put his arm around my shoulder, and asked what Derek had said. I said, "Nothing. I asked if he had time to talk about union issues, and he said no."

The next day Ric published a story about Fish refusing to talk about the upcoming negotiations. He got about 600 words of nothing based entirely on me relaying a five-second conversation in which no information was conveyed.

Like I said, I like the guy personally, but he'll do anything to fill column space.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

that's good LC! And that says a lot. I could pile on, but that pretty much says it all.

Thanks for sharing man
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Here's a Bucher story. First I'll say that I know the guy and I like him.

First time I met him was in the Lakers locker room. It was the first time I'd seen him at a game in LA, and I'd never met him elsewhere prior to that. This was early 2010, I think. I wanted to talk to Derek Fisher about some stuff with the union, since we were headed toward the negotiation and eventual lockout.

I was always respectful of Derek's locker room time, and will ask him in the regular scrum if he has time to talk about union stuff afterward. Sometimes it was yes (and he'd give me 1:1 time after the scrum), sometimes it was no, and sometimes he'd call me back on an off day (which his assistant Jamie would set up).

That night I asked if he had any time, and the answer was no. A minute or so afterward I was chatting with someone else (I think Eric Pincus) and Ric came up, put his arm around my shoulder, and asked what Derek had said. I said, "Nothing. I asked if he had time to talk about union issues, and he said no."

The next day Ric published a story about Fish refusing to talk about the upcoming negotiations. He got about 600 words of nothing based entirely on me relaying a five-second conversation in which no information was conveyed.

Like I said, I like the guy personally, but he'll do anything to fill column space.

Thanks for the insight Larry. He must have originally had, and dropped, a "t" from his name. Should be "Butcher", as in he creates stories by chopping up, and creating stories from, even the smallest of tidbits.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: