Lakers: place your random Lakers thoughts here, that don't fit anywhere else
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KG24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: Lakers: place your random Lakers thoughts here, that don't fit anywhere else

Eric Moreland Expected To Decide Among Interest From Lakers, Pistons, Kings.

Just had to use the Lakers to show that he is relevant. The Lakers need to start charging for the use of their name in these types of promotions, to show that their client is important. "If the Lakers are interested, than we better snatch this guy up quick". (Clippers - Miami - Dallas - Houston).

Players & Agents, know that other teams are so afraid of the Lakers, that the mere mention of the name, causes them to react or listen.

I believe some teams do not have a front office, they just look at headlines, if the Lakers are looking at a player, grab that player quickly.. LOL!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Let's just hope that this post doesn't turn into "Please Delete This Post Anniversary Edition" 2.0 ..... js
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject:

I wish pippen was 31 years old now, and joined the lakers for the vet minimum. he would guard lebron and every time outduel him in every which way possible. I come to LG and see a big thread stickied with an apology.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject:

>Autumn 2003
>best friend invites me over for beer & food
>mentions hot chick classmate will also be there
>immediately perk up
>hurry to get dressed, try to wash sperginess off of my face
>putmeincoach.jpg
>suddenly remember she has a boyfriend, a Pac-10 track star
>reptile brain refuses to process this info
>relevant mack skills at that age: strong instincts for prospecting long-term friendzones, powerpoint, excel
>have no idea what I'm even gonna say
>at the last minute, grab Lakers "flashlight" giveaway from season home opener vs Mavs
>it projects Lakers logo and honestly looks pretty cool in 2003
>flash it once on the wall to make sure batteries aren't dead
>dude this thing is so cool, seriously this girl is going to want my D
>run over to friend's house, knock
>venus herself opens door
>she's delighted to see me even though the first time we met I killed her one of her favorite turtles when I used canned duster to blow bubbles in her aquarium
>she goes in for a hug
>brain shuts down
>set phasers to autism
>I start the hug process, but then balk at the last second
>she's puzzled
>quickly shine the Lakers light in her face
>she's cringing in wonderment
>I held the light on her face for a good 10 seconds because didn't know how to exit this situation
>this is what suicides are made of
>she says something
>can only hear the emptiness in my soul
>could've been 15 seconds, maybe 20, I don't know anymore

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
>Autumn 2003
>immediately perk up
>putmeincoach.jpg
>relevant mack skills at that age: strong instincts for prospecting long-term friendzones, powerpoint, excel
>at the last minute, grab Lakers "flashlight" giveaway from season home opener vs Mavs
>she's delighted to see me even though the first time we met I killed her one of her favorite turtles when I used canned duster to blow bubbles in her aquarium
>she goes in for a hug
>brain shuts down
>set phasers to autism
>she's puzzled
>I held the light on her face for a good 10 seconds because didn't know how to exit this situation
>she says something
Dope.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
>Autumn 2003
>immediately perk up
>putmeincoach.jpg
>she goes in for a hug
>brain shuts down
>set phasers to autism
>she's puzzled
>she says something

It's OK, I forgave you years ago.
We can still be friends.
Just don't touch me.
Or stand too close.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
I wish pippen was 31 years old now, and joined the lakers for the vet minimum. he would guard lebron and every time outduel him in every which way possible. I come to LG and see a big thread stickied with an apology.

In what ways would Pippen outduel LeBron?

(Yep. I'm that bored.)
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject:

By being Pippen.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:14 am    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
By being Pippen.

"Pippen aint easy!"
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject:

Couldn't a game just as well be in the oven, as in the opponents are DONE? I wonder if Chick Hearn had a list of appliances that he crossed off before deciding on the refrigerator. Hmm...
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

(Yep. I'm that bored.)

well, firstly, he's an expert defender. And super long and athletic. Assuming the refs are fair, he'd simply shut lebron down. lebron's offensive game is so lame (rhyme) pippen would just engulf him basically. and if you don't think so, go back to the 2000 WCF and watch Pippen roaming on the Lakers and was maybe half the reason why Shaq (yes Shaq in his most dominant year) had problems scoring.
Then on offense, pippen would also overpower him since he's so much longer and actually has good moves, post, etc. I don't think lebron would even attempt to guard him, he might be help D if anything. both of them would be lame in the clutch, so that evens out. Pippen would defer to Kobe, and Lebron would defer to whoever is a better clutch player than him...so that would probably be the other 4 players on the court with him.

hey! i like this thread.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

(Yep. I'm that bored.)

well, firstly, he's an expert defender. And super long and athletic. Assuming the refs are fair, he'd simply shut lebron down. lebron's offensive game is so lame (rhyme) pippen would just engulf him basically. and if you don't think so, go back to the 2000 WCF and watch Pippen roaming on the Lakers and was maybe half the reason why Shaq (yes Shaq in his most dominant year) had problems scoring.
Then on offense, pippen would also overpower him since he's so much longer and actually has good moves, post, etc. I don't think lebron would even attempt to guard him, he might be help D if anything. both of them would be lame in the clutch, so that evens out. Pippen would defer to Kobe, and Lebron would defer to whoever is a better clutch player than him...so that would probably be the other 4 players on the court with him.

hey! i like this thread.

Love Pippen, but I don't see him shutting Lebron. Imagine Pippen guarding a Karl Malone with handles, hops, and a jumper. Pippen would get physically overpowered, particularly a 31 year old version who had a balky back.

The best matchup IMO would have been an in his defensive prime Ron Artest. Has the heft, bulk, toughness, and quick hands to bother Lebron. Also Rodman would have played so many mind games with Lebron.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

(Yep. I'm that bored.)

hey! i like this thread.

Love Pippen, but I don't see him shutting Lebron. Imagine Pippen guarding a Karl Malone with handles, hops, and a jumper. Pippen would get physically overpowered, particularly a 31 year old version who had a balky back.

The best matchup IMO would have been an in his defensive prime Ron Artest. Has the heft, bulk, toughness, and quick hands to bother Lebron. Also Rodman would have played so many mind games with Lebron.

Lebron has already been outdueled by kawhi and iguodola. pippen would be twice as good. lebron is so easy to shut down IF the calls are fair. so easy.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
>Autumn 2003
>immediately perk up
>putmeincoach.jpg
>she goes in for a hug
>brain shuts down
>set phasers to autism
>she's puzzled
>she says something

Dang, appreciate the effort, very interesting, I think
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

(Yep. I'm that bored.)

hey! i like this thread.

Lebron has already been outdueled by kawhi and iguodola. pippen would be twice as good. lebron is so easy to shut down IF the calls are fair. so easy.

Yes, Iggy alone held him to 36/13/9.

Kahwai held him to 28/8/4.

Kobe was "held" to 28/8/4 when the Lakers won in 2010.

And in 2008, Kobe was "held" to 26/5/5.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

(Yep. I'm that bored.)

hey! i like this thread.

Yes, Iggy alone held him to 36/13/9.

Kahwai held him to 28/8/4.

Kobe was "held" to 28/8/4 when the Lakers won in 2010.

And in 2008, Kobe was "held" to 26/5/5.

DOn't try to use the numbers after the fact to conveniently forget about the narrative going on during the series, that iggy and kawhi, the two guys who happened to be guarding lebron, ended up being mvps. their numbers aren't as good as lebron (they are not the first, or even second options) but they played better than lebron in the series.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject:

^ You're making my point. It's a TEAM effort.

Lebron's team this year was hot garbage in the finals when Love/Irving went down with injuries.

Kobe's 2008 team wasn't nearly as good as his 2010 team.
*Purple&Gold*
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject:

I would like to see a team similar to the "Bad Boys" from Detroit make an appearance in today's game. I see SO many small pgs driving down the lane, and nobody lays them out. Why is this? The old Boston Celts and the Detroit Pistons would have a field day on some of these smaller players of today's game. I hope Byron incorporates some of this into the Lakers game plan. (not talking cheap shots, but good old fashion "hard fouls" to let opponents know that coming down our lane is going to cost you.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject:

*Purple&Gold* wrote:
I would like to see a team similar to the "Bad Boys" from Detroit make an appearance in today's game. I see SO many small pgs driving down the lane, and nobody lays them out. Why is this? The old Boston Celts and the Detroit Pistons would have a field day on some of these smaller players of today's game. I hope Byron incorporates some of this into the Lakers game plan. (not talking cheap shots, but good old fashion "hard fouls" to let opponents know that coming down our lane is going to cost you.

So THAT's what the partially guaranteed camp fodder is for! We can cycle the dudes in as others are serving their five game suspensions.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject:

Instead of trying to shut down Lebron with Pippen.
I'd rather make him go against a tough defensive assignment that would wear him out.
Prime Dominique Williams or Dr. J would be fun to watch.

Especially considering the last 2 finals MVPs were people Lebron was guarding.
King James! Making Kawhi Leonard and Iggy MVPs!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I'd rather make him go against a tough defensive assignment that would wear him out.

I cheer against Lebron (except on the Olympics) but put Kobe or even Jordan in the same situation as Lebron this past Finals, I highly doubt they could fare better.

It's a team thing and the other team's best player in the past 2 Finals was rewarded despite Lebron putting up otherwise unworldly stats.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Haven't been on much lately but I love you guys
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject:

*Purple&Gold* wrote:

Why do you think they don't do that anymore? Because of some kind of personality trait? They don't do that because the penalties for doing so are very severe. Thrown out, flagrant foul, likely suspensions, etc. If you want to go back to those days, you also have to go back to the rules where the ref would just call such things a regular foul. Then you can do it. This is not a character issue like "lacking toughness" or something.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I cheer against Lebron (except on the Olympics) but put Kobe or even Jordan in the same situation as Lebron this past Finals, I highly doubt they could fare better.

It's a team thing and the other team's best player in the past 2 Finals was rewarded despite Lebron putting up otherwise unworldly stats.

I don't cheer against Lebron, I cheer against his myth. Lebron is the suckiest superstar I've ever seen. It's not his fault, he tries his best, he understands what he can and can't do and tries to maximize those things. That's a great way to do it, can't fault him. But there's just too much he can't do, that's the problem. He passes because he's not a great scorer. He needs to join teams stacked with skills for him to look good. in other words, he needs guys who are better than he is to pass to so that he can get credit for passing. He has a genius PR group...if he stinks/loses, he has bad teammates...if he wins, it's in spite of his teammates. The only way to praise him is to talk about his stats (the actual gameplay is embarrisngly underwhelming for a supposed top -10 player in history). EVERYONE embarrasses him, even regular dudes like Nick Young. He is rarely the best player on his team. His fans, while not as bad as Lin fans, are annoying. Pippen is better than him at everything, including un-clutchness. He couldn't do well in the Olympics without Kobe (same with Duncan, their in the same club of sucky multiple MVP winners than need the single MVP winner to rescue them when it matters even though i know duncan never played with kobe but if he did it would be the same. there was that all star game, though, where Kobe was going to get MVP but passed to Duncan for the game winner, which he bricked of course and the East/AI won, so same thing). He gets compared favorably to Jordan which is annoying. Before he started playing in the NBA he was compared favorably to Magic which was annoying. He's lost all these Finals, which I don't hold against him because it's a team game just like I don't credit MJ or Kobe individually for all the rings...BUT, it gives me great pleasure to know that. He's so boring to watch. Most of his moves that are consistently successful are blatantly illegal, but it's the King and he does it so much what can the refs do, call it? Nah, you just gotta let it go. And that's what I have to do...let it go with LBJ. El BJ is here to stay much to my dismay.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject:

^ I'm no Lebron fan by any means but good lord your logic is all over the map on that one. The moral of the story is great teams win rings. Kobe by himself couldn't win it without help. Neither could MJ. Even Lebron can't win it all by himself.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16
Jump to: