Lakers: place your random Lakers thoughts here, that don't fit anywhere else
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject:

So WC as of today.

1. GSW
2. Utah (?)
3. Spurs
4. clips
5. Minny (???)
6. Houston
7. Portland (??)
8. OKC
9. Dallas
10. PHX
11. Memphis
12. Denver
13. Lakers
14. Kings
15. Pelicans (????)
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject:

Surely the Pelicans will start winning soon, Davis is a quality player and can help them carve out a couple of wins.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject:

Pelicans will probably miss the playoffs. Alvin Gentry affect.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject:

Lakers settling at about the spot that most NBA writers had them at.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject:

Do you reckon the Lakers will have that bad of a season so they get a top 3 draft pick?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Do you reckon the Lakers will have that bad of a season so they get a top 3 draft pick?

Nope. I see us as possibly a bottom 5 team, but that's not a guarantee of a top 3 pick at all.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Yup. Only the 76ers are worse and they might beat us this year now that they have a scoring threat.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:

Nope. I see us as possibly a bottom 5 team, but that's not a guarantee of a top 3 pick at all.

If they are the 4th or 5th worst team then the draft pick goes to the 76ers?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:

If they are the 4th or 5th worst team then the draft pick goes to the 76ers?

No. It's based on actually lottery which the odds are based on how your team finishes.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject:

Hopefully we can get a top three pick.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:

Honestly, the Lakers should be 3-3 right now. Should have beat NY yesterday and should have beaten the Wolves opening night. Byron has done a hell of a job making this team look worst than it is.

Here is my short take :
1. no offense being run, just all isolation plays
2. bat rotations and subbing
3. horrible defense
4. not putting Kobe in the best position to succeed
5. not utilizing Randle and Russel to the best of their abilities
6. Clarkson is our most effective scorer but there are rarely plays run for him, again, all iso.

So if this continues, which it surely will we should miss the playoffs with a similar record to last year. Lets hope we get lucky and get a top 3 pick and get another potential star to add to our trio of Randle, Russel and Clarkson.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject:

Agreed that the Lakers should have beaten Wolves and yesterday could have been another win but being poor in the 4th quarter it costed Lakers the win.

I don't understand why people are praising Scott for getting the team to improve defensively? He's known to be a more defensive minded coach apparently. Just look att how bad the Lakers were the first couple of games this season defensively and without the ball. One of the reasons why the Lakers have looked better defensively in the last two games is because Nance Jr and Metta have got some playing time. Everyone could see against Wolves on the opening night Kelly and Bass didn't work together. Metta is known as being a good defensive player and Nance Jr was 2× MWC All-Defensive Team & MWC Defensive Player of the Year.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject:

^ That and the Nets are the worst offensive team in the league.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Hopefully we can get a top three pick.

I think the Lakers used up all thier luck points getting to number 2 last year. HIGHLY doubt we get lucky again this year.

!...
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Agreed that the Lakers should have beaten Wolves and yesterday could have been another win but being poor in the 4th quarter it costed Lakers the win.

I don't understand why people are praising Scott for getting the team to improve defensively? He's known to be a more defensive minded coach apparently. Just look att how bad the Lakers were the first couple of games this season defensively and without the ball. One of the reasons why the Lakers have looked better defensively in the last two games is because Nance Jr and Metta have got some playing time. Everyone could see against Wolves on the opening night Kelly and Bass didn't work together. Metta is known as being a good defensive player and Nance Jr was 2× MWC All-Defensive Team & MWC Defensive Player of the Year.

so true about defense... If we're not going to improve defensively then Scott is a fail, we might as well have kept D'Antoni, at least with him Randle, Russell and Clarkson would put up big numbers on offense.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject:

How does MWP have the best assist to turnover ratio on our team?

He only averages 1 assist a game
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

I have been supporting the Lakers the past two miserable years. Faithfully watching every game on TV, knowing that they would probably lose but hoping for at least an entertaining game.

This year is the PITS! I have still been watching every game, oftentimes falling asleep watching them. I'm finding them kind of boring and frustrating to watch.

The team can't shoot, they have no offense and a sorry defense. BScott sucks with his random substitutions.

Kobe, DLo, Lou, Bass, Kelly and sometimes even Randle have been disappointing to me.

There have been a few nice surprises like Nance, MWP, Hibbert, Young, Black and sometimes Huertas but they don't get to play enough.

They should have kept Jabari and Upshaw and dumped Sacre and Kelly....Kelly was fools gold in the preseason.

I'm just so depressed after watching the Lakers....yesterday's game made me so depressed I didn't feel like working out afterwards.

I wish they would fire Byron Scott and try again with a real coach....
AuraStar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Here is my thought for today...

I think the Lakers will need to find a way to get a 1st round pick this year. I would guess it would most likely a package of players for a pick.

Although I would expect the Lakers to hold onto their young players, they may have to give up somebody with potential... I mean, you've got to give up something to get something, right?

BTW, there's new rumor out there that the Grizzlies could be interested in Young.
botox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject:

AuraStar wrote:

I think the Lakers will need to find a way to get a 1st round pick this year. I would guess it would most likely a package of players for a pick.

Although I would expect the Lakers to hold onto their young players, they may have to give up somebody with potential... I mean, you've got to give up something to get something, right?

BTW, there's new rumor out there that the Grizzlies could be interested in Young.

That would be a good landing spot for him.

Grizzlies don't have much to give back. If they have a PG lacking in athletic ability and defensive awareness, I'm sure Mitch and Jim will be interested, though.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject:

Watching last nights Time Warner sports net; Lee Jenkins just said that young players need more of a game plan in order to understand their roles. I suspect this will be the last time he's invited on the show for a minute
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject:

botox wrote:
AuraStar wrote:

Grizzlies don't have much to give back. If they have a PG lacking in athletic ability and defensive awareness, I'm sure Mitch and Jim will be interested, though.

Maybe a 3 team trade?
Lakers get: Derrick Favors and Jarrell Martin

Grizzlies get: Randle and Young

Jazz get: Zach Randolph, Jordan Clarkson, Tarik Black and Ryan Kelly

Why for Lakers?
Favors is more of a modern type center for us. At 24 years old, he is averaging 16ppg, 9rpg and 1.7 bpg in 31 mpg this season. He put up similar numbers last season. Martin is a rookie pf that could compete for minutes with Nance and Bass. I feel Nance is going to be our power forward in the long term. Kid just does everything right and he's exciting. The departure of JC and Randle help break up the problem with our ball movement. Let's face it, these guys are kind of black holes.

Why for Jazz?
Well, this trade helps them win games now with the addition of Randolph, who spreads the floor better then Favors. This is a good fit next to Gobert. They drafted Lyles, who so spreads the floor better then Favors. He could be their long term answer at pf. They also get Black who does a lot of what Favors does. They get an upgrade at PG in JC and they get Kelly

Why for Grizzlies?
Well they get a Randle, who has drawn comparisons to Randolph and is 14 years younger. They also get Young, who they have been rumored to be interested in.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

Draws comparisons to Randolph, except plays NOTHING like him.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Draws comparisons to Randolph, except plays NOTHING like him.
Yeah I agree their games are different but he has drawn a lot of comparisons based on how they look, bulk, lefty, etc., but whatever man, it might be something Memphis would jump on.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
botox wrote:
AuraStar wrote:

Maybe a 3 team trade?

Why for Lakers?
Favors is more of a modern type center for us. At 24 years old, he is averaging 16ppg, 9rpg and 1.7 bpg in 31 mpg this season. He put up similar numbers last season. Martin is a rookie pf that could compete for minutes with Nance and Bass. I feel Nance is going to be our power forward in the long term. Kid just does everything right and he's exciting. The departure of JC and Randle help break up the problem with our ball movement. Let's face it, these guys are kind of black holes.

Why for Jazz?
Well, this trade helps them win games now with the addition of Randolph, who spreads the floor better then Favors. This is a good fit next to Gobert. They drafted Lyles, who so spreads the floor better then Favors. He could be their long term answer at pf. They also get Black who does a lot of what Favors does. They get an upgrade at PG in JC and they get Kelly

Why for Grizzlies?
Well they get a Randle, who has drawn comparisons to Randolph and is 14 years younger. They also get Young, who they have been rumored to be interested in.

That deal is butt ugly.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
botox wrote:
AuraStar wrote:

Maybe a 3 team trade?

Why for Lakers?

Why for Jazz?

Why for Grizzlies?

So LA trades Randle, Clarkson, Young, Kelly, and Black, and gets one good player and a mediocre prospect? Yeah, uh, no.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16
Jump to: