Lakers: place your random Lakers thoughts here, that don't fit anywhere else
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject:

KG24 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
KG24 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
KG24 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
KG24 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
KG24 wrote:
If the Lakers can trade Russell, they should do it in a heartbeat. I do not see any speed, no hops, average dribbling skills. If you can develop him into an all star, then you can develop any journeyman player into a all-star.

He is a poor mans' Kendal Marshall.

This must be an error. This had to have been posted last summer league. Right?

Update statement: Let's see, still no speed, still no hops, average dribbling skills. Can shoot the 3. Yeah I still feel the same way... I would trade him for a #1 pick next year and sign the point guard from Memphis Griz.

And here I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Poor man's Kendall Marshall...

Okay compare Kendall Marshall's Lakers stats to Russell's, who has the better stats?

Well they are very different players to begin with. The other thing is that Russell is better at finishing in the paint. Russell did a good job getting to the paint even without picks. But here are their per 36 numbers from their rookie season.

Marshall: 7.3 ppg, 7.3 apg, 2.2rpg, 1.1spg, 2.9 tov, .371 fg%, .315 3p%, .571 ft%

Russell: 16.8 ppg, 4.2 apg, 4.4 rpg, 2.1 spg, 4.4 tov, .410 fg%, .351 3p%, .737 ft%

I didn't say compare their rookie years.. I said 1st year with the Lakers

I know what you said, but don't you think it's foolish to compare a rookie 19 year old to a second year 22 year old? Because it is.

What if that rookie's name is Irving Magic Johnson?

Comparing ANY rookie to Magic as a rookie is always unfair. That dude was the MOST NBA ready of a player that ever existed! Even more than Jordan, probably more than Jabbar.

Dude never really made rookie mistakes, he came right in at a seasoned level. He could have been a 10 year pro and nobody would have been surprised.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject:

KG24 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
KG24 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
KG24 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
KG24 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
KG24 wrote:
If the Lakers can trade Russell, they should do it in a heartbeat. I do not see any speed, no hops, average dribbling skills. If you can develop him into an all star, then you can develop any journeyman player into a all-star.

Update statement: Let's see, still no speed, still no hops, average dribbling skills. Can shoot the 3. Yeah I still feel the same way... I would trade him for a #1 pick next year and sign the point guard from Memphis Griz.

And here I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Poor man's Kendall Marshall...

Okay compare Kendall Marshall's Lakers stats to Russell's, who has the better stats?

Well they are very different players to begin with. The other thing is that Russell is better at finishing in the paint. Russell did a good job getting to the paint even without picks. But here are their per 36 numbers from their rookie season.

Marshall: 7.3 ppg, 7.3 apg, 2.2rpg, 1.1spg, 2.9 tov, .371 fg%, .315 3p%, .571 ft%

Russell: 16.8 ppg, 4.2 apg, 4.4 rpg, 2.1 spg, 4.4 tov, .410 fg%, .351 3p%, .737 ft%

I didn't say compare their rookie years.. I said 1st year with the Lakers

I know what you said, but don't you think it's foolish to compare a rookie 19 year old to a second year 22 year old? Because it is.

What if that rookie's name is Irving Magic Johnson?

Well, yes. Ervin Magic Johnson was even more efficient in his second and third seasons, despite being very nba ready.

So yeah, I'm not exactly sure why you're so pressed to compare Kendall's second season at 22 vs Russell's rookie season at 19, other than to leverage the argument.

Anyways, I'm done.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Jonathan Holmes is the combo forward we're looking for. I base this on absolutely nothing.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Random Thought. I dislike Henry Abbott. So what if he's right about Kobe the past coupe of seasons. He couldn't even throw some acknowledgment Kobe's way on his fairwell performance. Instead he retweeted another writer who also called out Kobe and told him that he was the real MVP. I don't know what he has against Kobe. I'm not a fan of hero ball myself, but I know greatness when I see it, and I can acknowledge it. Abbott does seem to like the Celtics and Brad Stevens quite a bit though, so it's only a matter of time that the Lakers will be playing great team ball and taking it to the Celtics.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject:

KG24 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
KG24 wrote:

When your 19 years old slow player with no hops and average dribbling skills drop 40 in a game with several other high scoring games against good competition you know you have a potential future elite scorer.

Dlo is not Kendal Marshall 2.0, they just share some physical atributes, but Kendal was a true PG able to run an offense while Dlo is a good passer and 500 times the scorer Kendal is. Being young Dlo still has the time to develop his body and work on his ball handling skills.

I'd just trade him for a top 2 pick in this draft or for a legit all star, but I agree that we need a PG.
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:25 am    Post subject:

Reading some of Curry's predraft reports....its unfathomable really. Going from 'a poor mans Reddick' to the Unanimous one. Gives me faith in our youngsters. Its ALL possible....its just rather unlikely
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject:

lakerhaterhater wrote:
Reading some of Curry's predraft reports....its unfathomable really. Going from 'a poor mans Reddick' to the Unanimous one. Gives me faith in our youngsters. Its ALL possible....its just rather unlikely

Yup, don't believe all the negative nancys on here. All of our young guys have a TON of potential (DLO/JC/JR). Will they be perennial all-stars? No guarantees, but they have the potential to be
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject:

Does this seem familiar to anyone

Despite the bad workout, the Nets still made him the No. 1 pick, but head coach Byron Scott publicly questioned Martin’s work ethic early in the season. “I went and talked to Byron,” Martin said. “I went in his office, closed the door. ‘Listen, this is what it is, man. I’m out here busting my ass for you, for this organization. I’m not healthy right now. Work with me. Like, don’t go to the media. Like, why you going to them, f—ing talking to them? They ain’t in here doing this s— with us.’ ” – via Yahoo! Sports
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
KG24 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
KG24 wrote:

When your 19 years old slow player with no hops and average dribbling skills drop 40 in a game with several other high scoring games against good competition you know you have a potential future elite scorer.

Dlo is not Kendal Marshall 2.0, they just share some physical atributes, but Kendal was a true PG able to run an offense while Dlo is a good passer and 500 times the scorer Kendal is. Being young Dlo still has the time to develop his body and work on his ball handling skills.

I'd just trade him for a top 2 pick in this draft or for a legit all star, but I agree that we need a PG.

Keep reaching for that point guard rainbow nash, you'll get there someday.

!...
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject:

Lmao at D'Angelo being 19 year old slow player with average dribbling skills. Now I know cats be tripping. Stay hating.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

My favorite Kobe tribute video:

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KG24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject:

I think that Durant will stay in OKC if they beat Golden State. I kind of want them to win it all because they deserve it. But for selfish reasons, I want them to fall apart so that the Lakers will have a chance at the best player in the league for the next 4 seasons.

That's totally wrong, what do you think?
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
nash wrote:
KG24 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
KG24 wrote:

Keep reaching for that point guard rainbow nash, you'll get there someday.

easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject:

Why are some many millennials, Jordan lovers?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject:

easybreeze wrote:
Why are some many millennials, Jordan lovers?

espn brain washing
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject:

What do people think will happen to Young and Lou this off season?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:

Nothing. Both would be good fits in Luke's offense, both can drill the jumper off of screens and get the ball up quickly.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:

I think Young will be gone via stretch provision and Lou will stick around as our sixth man shotjacker off the bench.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject:

I think Young will be gone after watching his exit interview and when Mitch spoke about it as well. I could be wrong though, I think a stretch would make the most sense. After what happened between him and Russell I wouldn't take the risk in keeping Young.

I understand why people want to keep Lou as he's on a good contract and is fine being a sixth man off the bench but his defense is such a concern for me. It's not going to improve and when it's Clarkson as the PG alongside him, defensively it's very bad. I know we all want Clarkson to improve on his defense. I would just be interested to see what the Lakers could get for Lou.
KG24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject:

I have been watching highlight films of Ingram... He is amazing, I believe he is a keeper. I think he is the best in the draft.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Man I just can't wait till the draft till we know what kid we'll be drafting. Can't wait to go whoever it is's jersey. I have Russell and Clarkson. Just wouldn't need the #2 pick, Randle, and Nance and I'd have everyone.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Has there ever been a more widely dismissed championship than the one the Dubs won last year? I mean, fans poo poo chips all the time. We still put an asterix next to the 99 Spurs championship. But the amount of former players and pudnits just calling the Warriors a fluke is bizarre.

Whatever.

Go Lakers.

!...
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Has there ever been a more widely dismissed championship than the one the Dubs won last year? I mean, fans poo poo chips all the time. We still put an asterix next to the 99 Spurs championship. But the amount of former players and pudnits just calling the Warriors a fluke is bizarre.

Whatever.

Go Lakers.

It was supposed to be Lebron's triumphant coronation in Cleveland. Then Love being out and Kyrie injured halfway through brought up the excuses for losing the series. When it doesn't go according to the media's script, people dismiss the upstart Warriors; can't wait to find out what they'll come up with next if the 'king' doesn't win this year.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject:

That Ryan Hollins on sports radio with Max and Marcellus. Dude riding Lebron's nuts hard. Gave the Dubs an asterik with their championship.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject:

I WONDER WHAT NUMBER INGRAM WILL CHOOSE. 14 would look good on him here
https://blog-blogmediainc.netdna-ssl.com/upload/SportsBlogcom/54607/0906874001458908588_filepicker.jpg
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16
Jump to: