WOJ: FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas has agreed to a one-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
The Silhouette wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
The Silhouette wrote:
orwell wrote:
Mitch, please waive the magic wand and make Suckre, Kelly and Young disappear.

Yes, please Mitch.

We don't have much SF depth as it is and you guys want Nick Young gone?....

Jabari Brown can play SF just as well as Young, and Nance can play defense at SF better than Young can.

Jabari Brown is 6'4. Nance is a rookie who we don't even know if he belongs in the league yet. Nick Young is 6'7 and a proven spark off the bench. I wonder if you guys think things through sometimes...or you guys hate Nick Young a little too much.

And if you were the coach of the warriors, you probably never would have started Draymond Green at center in the Finals because he is 6'7". Is height the only bad thing you can say about Jabari? If so, your argument isn't very persuasive. How about all of the positives that Jabari brings? Nick Young is proven at chucking long fade away two pointers on losing teams with a big smile on his face. He's 6'7", but that doesn't have any bearing on his lack of consistent effort on defense, or intelligence to follow a scouting report. The guy is dumb as a rock.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject:

The Silhouette wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
The Silhouette wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
The Silhouette wrote:
orwell wrote:

Yes, please Mitch.

Jabari Brown can play SF just as well as Young, and Nance can play defense at SF better than Young can.

Jabari Brown is 6'4. Nance is a rookie who we don't even know if he belongs in the league yet. Nick Young is 6'7 and a proven spark off the bench. I wonder if you guys think things through sometimes...or you guys hate Nick Young a little too much.

And if you were the coach of the warriors, you probably never would have started Draymond Green at center in the Finals because he is 6'7". Is height the only bad thing you can say about Jabari? If so, your argument isn't very persuasive. How about all of the positives that Jabari brings? Nick Young is proven at chucking long fade away two pointers on losing teams with a big smile on his face. He's 6'7", but that doesn't have any bearing on his lack of consistent effort on defense, or intelligence to follow a scouting report. The guy is dumb as a rock.

Both Jabari and Anthony Brown are listed as 6'6'' on basketball-reference.com
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jabari-Brown-6242/
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Dang. Hope height is the only think bk ref gets wrong.
I use them as a go-to for stats.
Well Anthony Brown is 6'7'' according to DX if anyone cares.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Yeah their stats are the best. Not sure about measurements. I trust DX for that.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The Silhouette wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
The Silhouette wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
The Silhouette wrote:
orwell wrote:

Yes, please Mitch.

Yeah the same site that originally listed Tarik Black as 6' 11".
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
kikanga wrote:
The Silhouette wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
The Silhouette wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
The Silhouette wrote:
orwell wrote:

Yes, please Mitch.

Yeah the same site that originally listed Tarik Black as 6' 11". Jabari is 6'4" by most estimates.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject:

The Silhouette wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
The Silhouette wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
The Silhouette wrote:
orwell wrote:

Yes, please Mitch.

We still need depth there and any trade for Young we need to get one back.
eagles nut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Guss wrote:
A couple of recent articles about Huertas from two of the most important basketball analysts from Brazil:
(already translated into english using google tools)

1. https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbalanacesta.blogosfera.uol.com.br%2F2015%2F09%2F01%2Fa-caminho-do-lakers-o-que-esperar-de-huertas-na-nba%2F

2. https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fvinteum.blogosfera.uol.com.br%2F2015%2F08%2F31%2Ffim-de-novela-huertas-assina-contrato-simplesmente-com-o-lakers%2F

[]´s

The 1st article indicates that it's guaranteed one year, with a second year team-option. I doubt Huertas would accept the second year team option if he was getting the minimum. I'm thinking this is at least part of the room exception. Probably all of it.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject:

eagles nut wrote:
Guss wrote:
A couple of recent articles about Huertas from two of the most important basketball analysts from Brazil:

1. https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbalanacesta.blogosfera.uol.com.br%2F2015%2F09%2F01%2Fa-caminho-do-lakers-o-que-esperar-de-huertas-na-nba%2F

2. https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fvinteum.blogosfera.uol.com.br%2F2015%2F08%2F31%2Ffim-de-novela-huertas-assina-contrato-simplesmente-com-o-lakers%2F

[]´s

The 1st article indicates that it's guaranteed one year, with a second year team-option. I doubt Huertas would accept the second year team option if he was getting the minimum. I'm thinking this is at least part of the room exception. Probably all of it.

Sure does...that would take the Lakers to 13 guaranteed contracts. Also, adding in the fact that Pincus tweeted that Metta has a 'real chance' at making the team, I think the team may cut J. Brown, IMO.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
eagles nut wrote:
Guss wrote:

[]´s

Sure does...that would take the Lakers to 13 guaranteed contracts. Also, adding in the fact that Pincus tweeted that Metta has a 'real chance' at making the team, I think the team may cut J. Brown, IMO.

I hope we keep Brown. He and Clarkson have good chemistry. I'd like to see us keep him and sign Upshaw and trade/waive Sacre and Kelly.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

DX has him at 6'8.5, which is a typo. Should be 6'7.25 with shoes. Normally they have it right though.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject:

I'm really bad at pronouncing the spanish H
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

No need. Although Huertas is a Spanish name, he's Brazilian, so his name should be pronounced in Portuguese and it means a silent H. Should be something like "oo-err-tas", stress on the middle.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

No need. Although Huertas is a Spanish name, he's Brazilian, so his name should be pronounced in Portuguese and it means a silent H. Should be something like "oo-err-tas", stress on the middle.

Slightly related note. Sometimes I wish I was Brazilian. I love their um....food
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject:

This feels like a futuristic move for the Lakers. Yeah he is old, but its got homework and analytics written all over it imo. LA needed a veteran in the backcourt that can distribute the rock.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
IF Huertas is indeed a guaranteed deal, seems like Jabari Brown may be out. Kelly/Sacre are guarantees, not sure if the team will buy them out if they can't trade them.

Looks like Upshaw will have an uphill fight to make the team, let alone Holmes/Frazier.

It really depends on how many players LA carries and how many bigs. If LA only wants to carry five guards (not counting Kobe and young), then parker and Frazier would be in competition.

Who is Parker?

Sorry, I apparently tried to upgrade brown.

I like it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
Irie wrote:
I feel like this move has to do a lot with the direction our team is going to. More PNR with pass 1st PGs. This can only help during practice where the 1st and 2nd teams have a dose of their own play making PG. It's going to be fun during practices. Everyone is talking about the players getting acclimated to a passing guard. Here they are.

But I thought Byron did not like Pick and Rolls?

It seems we have moved beyond what Byron likes.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject:

hope this creates a Brazilian pipeline and draft Danilo Fuzaro next year. I really like that young kid in the 2016 draft and wanted him at 27 this year but he withdrew last second.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Marcelinho Huertas Highlights Euroleague 2014-2015

Dude got game!

Guss
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject:

A little more Huertas on action:

These are the highlights from a 2012 friendly game between USA v BRAZIL. He had a GREAT game, despite being guarded by some of NBA´s elite.

Of course, we must remember it´s just a friendly game, but since Brazil was winning, there was some tough defense now and then.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
The Silhouette wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
The Silhouette wrote:
orwell wrote:

Yes, please Mitch.

I agree some people dont think rationally and just go with the sheep. Did someone suggest jabari parker over mick young? Jabari is a defensless chucker as well... at his contract nick young is a value compared to other equal players across the league. Unlike nance we know what were getting. Some nights young can be a bonehead but other nights he could score 10+ points easily which i thought the point of having a sixth man was. He was our leading scorer last year and hell be coming off the bench this year yet people wanna get rid of him? Lol If your expecting young to go out and score 10+ points and play lock down defense thenyour gonna be dissapointed. His role is to spark the bench with his scoring which he can do on most nights.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject:

Huertas still has not been added to the roster: http://www.nba.com/lakers/roster?ls=nav_extended_team. Other than Woj's report and people who are quoting Woj, I haven't seen another announcement.

What is the holdup?

--Anonymous
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Huertas still has not been added to the roster: http://www.nba.com/lakers/roster?ls=nav_extended_team. Other than Woj's report and people who are quoting Woj, I haven't seen another announcement.

What is the holdup?

Brad Turner also confirmed it. The team hasn't officially announced it yet, though.
jorkerjork
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Huertas scouting report:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZrQ1ij0uI80_Dp-0QgM4q5UuFmrXLbFOiM4ZXxA78GU/edit#
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10
Jump to: