Officer killed on duty in Illinois
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Officer killed on duty in Illinois

Illinois police officer shot and killed; hunt on for 3 suspects

LINK
I had a friend Officer Oscar Bryant killed while on duty. He answered a robbery in process at a Western Ave location. He called for backup, it was on the way.

I don't know procedure. Is it to position yourself in a defensive or attack position?

Oscar confronted the suspects behind the door of his crusier. When the suspects exited the location shots were fired, Oscar was killed, I don't remember if any suspects were and have forgotten most of what happened after.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Another Officer was shot when he responded to the wrong house. He entered that wrong house and startled the residents. He then shot the homeowner and his dog. Then another cop on the scene shot the 1st cop.

Quote:

The incident happened on Boulderwoods Drive around 7:35 Monday night. Three officers arrived at the residence and attempted to contact any occupants inside. When no contact was made, the officers made their way around to the rear of the home and gained entry to the residence through a screened porch. The G.B.I. said police went through a "reportedly unlocked door".

Upon entry, the officers encountered a dog. Two officers fired their weapons striking and killing the animal. A male in the home, later determined to be the homeowner, was also shot by the responding officers.

One of the police officers was shot. The G.B.I. says their early investigation indicates the officer was likely shot accidentally by one of the other officers at the scene.

The injured officer, who was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital, is in "in serious but stable condition", according to DeKalb County Police PIO Capt. Steven Fore. The officer "lost a lot of blood" after suffering an injury in his thigh, DeKalb County Public Safety Director Dr. Cedric Alexander said.

Officer on Officer Shooting
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Another suspect captured in the Illinois police shooting. 1 down 2 to go.

EDIT; CNN is very confusing. They're now reporting there were three suspects and they're all still on the loose.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Another Officer was shot when he responded to the wrong house. He entered that wrong house and startled the residents. He then shot the homeowner and his dog. Then another cop on the scene shot the 1st cop.

Quote:

The incident happened on Boulderwoods Drive around 7:35 Monday night. Three officers arrived at the residence and attempted to contact any occupants inside. When no contact was made, the officers made their way around to the rear of the home and gained entry to the residence through a screened porch. The G.B.I. said police went through a "reportedly unlocked door".

Upon entry, the officers encountered a dog. Two officers fired their weapons striking and killing the animal. A male in the home, later determined to be the homeowner, was also shot by the responding officers.

One of the police officers was shot. The G.B.I. says their early investigation indicates the officer was likely shot accidentally by one of the other officers at the scene.

The injured officer, who was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital, is in "in serious but stable condition", according to DeKalb County Police PIO Capt. Steven Fore. The officer "lost a lot of blood" after suffering an injury in his thigh, DeKalb County Public Safety Director Dr. Cedric Alexander said.

Officer on Officer Shooting

Geez guys, maintain fire discipline.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Law enforcement officers in Fox Lake, Ill., on Wednesday said they were combing through hours of private surveillance video and following up on dozens of tips from citizens as they search for three men they believe were responsible for gunning down a veteran police officer in a sleepy community 60 miles north of Chicago.

But so far investigators say they have little substantive information in their hunt for the suspects in the shooting death of Fox Lake Police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz more than 24 hours after he was killed.

After initially focusing on a small industrial area near where Gliniewicz was fatally wounded, Lake County, Ill., Major Crime Task Force Commander George Filenko said they believe the suspects are unlikely to be in the immediate area but urged area residents to remain vigilant for anyone who may be acting suspiciously.

While the hunt for the suspects has proved to be fruitless thus far, Filenko said investigators are determined to track down the suspects, who police have few details about.

No Leads
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Interesting statistics on police involved shootings:

Cops Killed by Citizens this year = 26 (Down 13% compared to last year)

Citizens Killed by Cops = 799 (Up 13% compared to last year)

Dogs Killed By Cops = 1 every 98 minutes.

Cops Killed By Dogs = 0 in past 50 years (1 cop killed by a cow & 2 cops killed by bees)
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Ugh. Just what Black Lives Matter was pushing for.

One thing though, is the number of people (officers and non-officers combined) killed relative to total police interactions is infinitesimally small (<0.01% range).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

One thing though, is the number of people (officers and non-officers combined) killed relative to total police interactions is infinitesimally small (<0.01% range).

Do you really believe that?

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

How could you not?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Some of them want that. Most don't.

But if someone is willing to label the entire Tea Party by the actions and views of some idiots, then they should be consistent in how they view BLM.

Or if they are willing to label the Republican Party, or Police Officers, or any group based on the actions of the few, then be consistent.

I personally believe that most of the BLM movement has good and noble intentions. Then there are always some idiots that latch on.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

But if someone is willing to label the entire Tea Party by the actions and views of some idiots, then they should be consistent in how they view BLM.

Or if they are willing to label the Republican Party, or Police Officers, or any group based on the actions of the few, then be consistent.

I personally believe that most of the BLM movement has good and noble intentions. Then there are always some idiots that latch on.

Your post bolsters my mantra, "I march to the beat of my own drum." I may disagree with your opinions but respect your right to have them.

I believe BLM as a whole have good intentions. This chant was a mistake that has resonated beyond expected.

IMO the police should not have made it such a issue because doing that may have planted unintended seeds.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That is probably accurate, the whole being associated guilty due to a few.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Authorities believe they've recovered video that will help the investigation into who killed a police officer in northern Illinois.

Lake County Major Crime Task Force Cmdr. George Filenko told reporters Thursday that a private resident came forward with the video from a home security system.

Investigators have not yet viewed it because it's on a hard drive that requires specialized technology to process. So, it's been turned over to the Department of Homeland Security.

Filenko says the resident told investigators it shows three people near the scene of Tuesday's killing in the village of Fox Lake and he is hopeful it will provide "significant" evidence.

Investigation Catches a Break
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

How could you not?

Because I'm sane?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject:

BLM may have started out with good intentions but the way a loud portion have been conducting themselves lately is immature, shameful, and counterproductive.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm waiting for the term uppity...
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
BLM may have started out with good intentions but the way a loud portion have been conducting themselves lately is immature, shameful, and counterproductive.

Sounds like the US Congress?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Why?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

How could you not?

How could you? What have they done to make you feel that way?

You seem to be of the, lump-um all together, one bad apple spoils the whole bunch, school.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
24 wrote:
Why?

That's the unsaid thing that has been floating around this from the beginning, as is almost always the case with such protests.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

How could you not?

How could you? What have they done to make you feel that way?

You seem to be of the, lump-um all together, one bad apple spoils the whole bunch, school.

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
24 wrote:
Why?

That's the unsaid thing that has been floating around this from the beginning, as is almost always the case with such protests.

Maybe for a certain percentage of people. Just like how there is a certain percentage of bad BLM people.

But heck... let's wait for something we can pounce on so we can vilify the lot of them! And then when someone is not a racist, well.. they are the 'exception'.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
24 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
24 wrote:
Why?

Maybe for a certain percentage of people. Just like how there is a certain percentage of bad BLM people.

But heck... let's wait for something we can pounce on so we can vilify the lot of them! And then when someone is not a racist, well.. they are the 'exception'.

Gotta agree here.

The idea that someone who finds some faults with what is happening with the BLM movement is just the lame opinion of someone who views it as a minority group being "uppity" is no better an attitude than those who truly do believe that "uppity" BS - and it is equally as baseless.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
24 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
24 wrote:
Why?

Gotta agree here.

The idea that someone who finds some faults with what is happening with the BLM movement is just the lame opinion of someone who views it as a minority group being "uppity" is no better an attitude than those who truly do believe that "uppity" BS - and it is equally as baseless.

I respect and get your take, and maybe mine wasn't clear enough. I've been watching the reaction to this movement, and while i have seen s sense of sympathy toward the problem, i have seen a concerted chipping away at the group (reminiscent of many other instances). Always a but. I agree there's a problem, but... They should say all lives matter, they shouldn't interrupt other events, they are too aggressive and rude, some of them chanted the equivalent of death to the cops. Taken in total, there is a lot of "they are a little too uppity" imo.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:53 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
24 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
24 wrote:
Why?

Gotta agree here.

I respect and get your take, and maybe mine wasn't clear enough. I've been watching the reaction to this movement, and while i have seen s sense of sympathy toward the problem, i have seen a concerted chipping away at the group (reminiscent of many other instances). Always a but. I agree there's a problem, but... They should say all lives matter, they shouldn't interrupt other events, they are too aggressive and rude, some of them chanted the equivalent of death to the cops. Taken in total, there is a lot of "they are a little too uppity" imo.

Can't the same be said about the Tea Party?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: