Black Lives Matter Protest
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Black Lives Matter Protest

Black Lives Matter Chant Called ‘Disgusting’ By Police Leader

LINK

I find this video disturbing. The chant is counter productive. Not saying it will cause more police shootings as I said about Trumps statement fanning the flames is not wise. l belive this chant will fan the flames. Will it cause a disturbed person to shoot policemen, I don't know.

I hope the movement ceases and desists the chant. “Pigs in a blanket, fry ’em like bacon.”

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter Protest

jodeke wrote:

LINK

I find this video disturbing. The chant is counter productive. Not saying it will cause more police shootings as I said about Trumps statement fanning the flames is not wise. l belive this chant will fan the flames. Will it cause a disturbed person to shoot policemen, I don't know.

I hope the movement ceases and desists the chant. “Pigs in a blanket, fry ’em like bacon.”

Cops whining their little hearts out about this.. Yet you never see them come out in force to talk about all the racists and equally asine things that are said about the victims after one of their shootings. They seem to feel they are the only ones who should be sympathised with, and that the derision of their victims is fair game.

Cops in that Houston Sheriffs execution are losing their mind over the fact that the creep with a detailed history of mental illness unloaded an entire clip into the officer, yet you never hear law enforcement express outrage when other officers unload an entire clip into an unarmed civilian.

At least they got one thing right - killing is killing and all lives matter. Now if they'd just learn to standup and call out their own as well THEN maybe the sympathy would be greater. But when it's so one sided, folks are just going to keep rolling their eyes at both the cops AND these so called activists - when then engage in one of their whine fests.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter Protest

jodeke wrote:

LINK

I agree. This is what I was saying in a different post. There is nothing constructive about that protest. It only widens the gap we should be working to close.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject:

^^^^^^ Both are counterproductive. I don't agree the chant is disgusting I think it's inappropriate.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
^^^^^^ Both are counterproductive. I don't agree the chant is disgusting I think it's inappropriate.

You don't think a chant promoting the killing of police officers to be disgusting?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You don't think a chant promoting the killing of police officers to be disgusting?

No

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

No

come on now, J. You're better than that.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

No

Why? I think it's inappropriate. As I said it's fanning the flames. I find this video disturbing. The chant is counter productive.

Police have done worse. If I don't agree with your way of thinking I'm some kind of pariah?

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject:

^^^ You're already on the defensive. No need to be. Not here.
Police have done worse. But, everyday, regular joes do some terrible ish too.

2 wrongs don't make a right is all I'm saying. Violence begets more violence.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

No

Why? I think it's inappropriate. As I said it's fanning the flames. I find this video disturbing. The chant is counter productive.

Police have done worse. If I don't agree with your way of thinking I'm some kind of pariah?

So if the ku klux clan held the same chant about black people you wouldn't think it's disgusting, just inappropriate?

Any group of people promoting the death of another group of people is disgusting to me. I wonder how many of them, if offered the chance to with no retribution, would carry out their inappropriate, but not disgusting wish?

Last edited by ringfinger on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
^^^ You're already on the defensive. No need to be. Not here.
Police have done worse. But, everyday, regular joes do some terrible ish too.

2 wrongs don't make a right is all I'm saying. Violence begets more violence.

I'm not on defense, there's nothing to defend. I don't think the chant is disgusting, if you do that's your opinion, I disagree with it.

Did you read this
Quote:
Quote:
I find this video disturbing. The chant is counter productive.

If you will please read my OP.

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
Cops whining their little hearts out about this.. Yet you never see them come out in force to talk about all the racists and equally asine things that are said about the victims after one of their shootings. They seem to feel they are the only ones who should be sympathised with, and that the derision of their victims is fair game.

Nuff said

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

No

So if the ku klux clan held the same chant about black people you wouldn't think it's disgusting, just inappropriate?

Any group of people promoting the death of another group of people is disgusting to me. I wonder how many of them, if offered the chance to with no retribution, would carry out their inappropriate, but not disgusting wish?

You're entitled to your opinion as I am mine. I'd be more disturbed if the Klan held a chat similar, I wouldn't call it disgusting.

Why are you continuously try to make your opinions mine? We don't think alike. If you think it's disgusting, so be it. I'll not attempt to sway you to my way of thinking. Think as you wish, I'll do the same.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject:

At no point is it OK to address police killing black people by chanting for the death of police officers. You win moral battles by being the moral party.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject:

^^^^^ We're in concert. I don't think it's OK. I don't think it's the right path. Both sides have responsibilities. It's a two way street.

kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

No

Well yeah when you don't find someone calling for someone else to be killed disgusting.
Nordvader
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject:

A white Texas man has apparently internalized the conservative media message blaming civil rights activists for the fatal shooting of a sheriff’s deputy.

Now the former prison guard in Hemphill is threatening to track down and kill Black Lives Matter activists to avenge the death of Deputy Darren Goforth.

“It’s going to end, and it’s going to end with that,” said Nathan Ener in a Facebook video. “That’s not going to happen anymore. That’s the end of it. Y’all have pushed us to the limit, and we ain’t going to take it anymore. There’s stuff that us citizens can do, and we’re fixing to do them — starting now.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/a-thugs-life-dont-matter-texas-racist-threatens-mob-violence-against-black-lives-matter-to-avenge-deputys-death/comments/#disqus
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

No

Well yeah when you don't find someone calling for someone else to be killed disgusting.

OK! You ride your horse, I'll ride mine. That's what makes the world turn, differences of opinions. Opinions are like rear waste exits, everybody has one.

I think a person who sits on a public street and excretes is disgusting. What Scott Leader and Steve Leader did, to me, was disgusting.

Inappropriate chants are disturbing because of the wording. Burn Baby Burn, to me, is disturbing. The chant used by Black Lives Matter, to me is disturbing.

nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject:

This is certainly not what Dr King had in mind.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
At no point is it OK to address police killing black people by chanting for the death of police officers. You win moral battles by being the moral party.

Agreed, and I think they just did a massive disservice to an important cause.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
24 wrote:

We're in agreement which is why I posted
Quote:
I find this video disturbing. The chant is counter productive.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
24 wrote:

Oddly, the initial chant was apparently part of some good natured bantering with a cop who was at the rally and got a kick out of it (and apparently was instigating it, in a humorous way).
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
ocho wrote:
24 wrote:

Oddly, the initial chant was apparently part of some good natured bantering with a cop who was at the rally and got a kick out of it (and apparently was instigating it, in a humorous way).

Let me guess -- that explanation is coming from someone representing BLM?

I've seen some quotes from some of their members saying they were just having fun. Huh?

They're bordering on being a hate group. They need to get their ish together.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject:

The movement was already losing steam, advocating retribution killings will just push this group further from the mainstream public.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
24 wrote:
ocho wrote:
24 wrote:

Let me guess -- that explanation is coming from someone representing BLM?

I've seen some quotes from some of their members saying they were just having fun. Huh?

They're bordering on being a hate group. They need to get their ish together.

What have they done to give you that impression? To my knowledge this is the first time they made remarks that could be construed as inflaming.

I tend to agree with 24's post, the chant was meant to be a barb not an intention. Poor choice of words but I don't believe there were bad intentions attached.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

No

So police have done worse and the answer is to do activities even more worse? That is thug thinking and in no way would that accomplish anything positive. Adding to the problem instead of finding a solution. Black on black violence dwarfs cop killings but we don't see the black community complaining about that. Which proves they really don't care, they just like to create publicity.

And what is even more disgusting is that the Democratic party is embracing these racists. I guess in politics anything for a vote, eh?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: