Jimmy Superfly Snuka charged in girlfriend's 1983 death

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Jimmy Superfly Snuka charged in girlfriend's 1983 death

Don't follow wrestling too much, but I thought this was interesting.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/13558919/former-wrestler-jimmy-superfly-snuka-charged-girlfriend-1983-death
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Heard about this a long ass time ago. They were talking about reopening the case even back then. Doesn't look good for Jimbo. Dude was a monster when younger. Islanders probably have the best genetics of all humans, beastly mesomorphic bastards. Plenty have never touched a barbell in their lives. It's like they were born with 19" arms with delts and traps like the (bleep) Himalayas.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject:

I just can't imagine what kind of monster you'd have to be to take a loved one, beat them until they're unconscious, and then kill them by jumping off the top rope and landing on them.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject:

The comments section of the ESPN piece linked an article from the local paper that prompted Snuka to be charged.

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-jimmy-snuka-grand-jury-announcement-20150901-story.html

I'd never heard of this before. It doesn't look good for him.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Heard about this a long ass time ago. They were talking about reopening the case even back then. Doesn't look good for Jimbo.

That's a helluva long time even by the standard of other decades-long cold case breaks. That's even 2-3 yrs longer than Natalie Wood had been dead when they reopened her case a few years back and the natural reaction to that news was "snowball's chance", not that it wasn't accidental in the first place, but... In some respects 30+ years becomes an adversary to a manslaughter or homicide charge/conviction, but in other ways, cold cases have been invigorated by the tech advancement in science and/or forensic science.

EGs: Some stories I remember seeing to show how these things happen: in the 70s, there was a landmark FBI case in laser and infrared fingerprint technology where a Nazi collaborator got deported from the US after they were finally able to ID his print on a postcard he sent to Himmler in the 40s. The Germans lent it to the FBI to analyze, but without damaging it as a historical document. Another one was about a forensic pathologist who injected his wife with an anesthetic that he knew wouldn't show up on a routine postmortem tox screening. Because the pathologist who did the autopsy knew something was suspect, he saved some of her tissue for over 10 yrs in formaldehyde. Sure enough, the technology got more and more sensitive until the guy was caught in the big lie. I can't recall the program, one of those 48 Hours type shows, but I remember they showed the footage of the respected doctor getting his Murder 1 charge with his upgraded younger wife freaking at the verdict.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
Heard about this a long ass time ago. They were talking about reopening the case even back then. Doesn't look good for Jimbo.

That's a helluva long time even by the standard of other decades-long cold case breaks. That's even 2-3 yrs longer than Natalie Wood had been dead when they reopened her case a few years back and the natural reaction to that news was "snowball's chance", not that it wasn't accidental in the first place, but... In some respects 30+ years becomes an adversary to a manslaughter or homicide charge/conviction, but in other ways, cold cases have been invigorated by the tech advancement in science and/or forensic science.

EGs: Some stories I remember seeing to show how these things happen: in the 70s, there was a landmark FBI case in laser and infrared fingerprint technology where a Nazi collaborator got deported from the US after they were finally able to ID his print on a postcard he sent to Himmler in the 40s. The Germans lent it to the FBI to analyze, but without damaging it as a historical document. Another one was about a forensic pathologist who injected his wife with an anesthetic that he knew wouldn't show up on a routine postmortem tox screening. Because the pathologist who did the autopsy knew something was suspect, he saved some of her tissue for over 10 yrs in formaldehyde. Sure enough, the technology got more and more sensitive until the guy was caught in the big lie. I can't recall the program, one of those 48 Hours type shows, but I remember they showed the footage of the respected doctor getting his Murder 1 charge with his upgraded younger wife freaking at the verdict.

Was it the Forensic Files? I swear they have those re-runs on loop on the HLN network (like Castle on TNT or Law and Order before it). Sadly I've seen the vast majority of the episodes.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Was it the Forensic Files? I swear they have those re-runs on loop on the HLN network (like Castle on TNT or Law and Order before it). Sadly I've seen the vast majority of the episodes.

Probably, JB. I've been suckered into more of those than I'd care to know. I began to sound like McConaughey in True Detective after awhile.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: