Gilbert Arenas' former assistant convicted of stealing $2.1 million from player

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Gilbert Arenas' former assistant convicted of stealing $2.1 million from player

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/03/gilbert-arenas-former-assistant-convicted-of-stealing-2-1-million-from-player/

Quote:
Gilbert Arenas’ former assistant convicted of stealing $2.1 million from player

Between 2006 and 2012, John A. White was a personal assistant and one of the people close Gilbert Arenas — and all the while he was siphoning off money from the NBA star.

To the tune of $2.1 million.

That is what a federal jury said Thursday in finding White guilty of multiple charges, as reported by Keely Diven of CSNmidatlatic.com.

According to prosecutors, White stole money during a period from 2008 to 2011, making unauthorized bank transfers from Arenas’ accounts into three accounts of his own. He was found guilty of 11 counts of wire fraud for the theft.

The money funneled from Arenas was not reported in White’s and his wife’s joint income tax returns during that span, resulting in four additional counts of filing a false tax-related document.

The judge can give out up to 20 years per wire fraud charge, while it’s three years per tax document. That could add up to a lot of years.

White bought a Ferrari and made his mortgage payments with the money, among other things.

Arenas will be fine. He hasn’t been on an NBA court since 2012, but thanks to the stretch provision the Orlando Magic are still sending him checks.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject:

More money funs, yeahhhh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject:

Sounds like a real criminal mastermind there. Direct wire transfers into his account?
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject:

amazes me how this happens.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Damn!! 20 years for each wire transfer! Lol say goodbye to that Ferrari your wife and your life and say hello to the dude who will be butt plugging you each night in your tiny cell on your bunk bed for life
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Damn!! 20 years for each wire transfer! Lol say goodbye to that Ferrari your wife and your life and say hello to the dude who will be butt plugging you each night in your tiny cell on your bunk bed for life

You know they don't put money fraud prisoners with rapists and murderers right? he'll be in a zero violence prison.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

You know they don't put money fraud prisoners with rapists and murderers right? he'll be in a zero violence prison.

I didn't know that I not really up on my prison requirements. But I bet a minimum security prison is just as bad
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Telleris wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

I didn't know that I not really up on my prison requirements. But I bet a minimum security prison is just as bad

Yeah, the guards throw urine at the prisoners and then post about it on the internet anonymously.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Telleris wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

Yeah, the guards throw urine at the prisoners and then post about it on the internet anonymously.

yeah, I think your right. you are always right. Just like when you woke up that one morning and thought that you were more comfortable being a woman rather than a man. your transition from man to woman here was much easier than Caitlyn Jenner's. Congrats! im sure everyone here is proud of you going to college, joining a sorority, and they are looking forward to the day you get married to that special guy and they get to throw urine on you during your wedding day
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
amazes me how this happens.

I'm not. I believe the world is full of more dishonest people than honest.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: