OFFICIAL TRAINING CAMP THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
24 wrote:
FWIW, I think the character assassination stuff of Jackson was petty and unnecessary (don't even care if true, doesn't matter). But there was a clear feeling that Jackson's schemes were getting in the way of the next leap, and Kerr totally brought what was needed, both in understanding the modern game and the flexibility and humility to bring in guys to get it done.

And he had to do it while replacing a coach who had some strong loyalty in the locker room, and not alienate people. That's a good job all around.

Frankly is Scott can get the team to where MJax got the Warriors prior to Kerr he would have done a great job. Scott isn't the coach to take this team to the promised land.

Agreed. I see some value in some of Scott's coaching, the chippy, hard working, in shape, play for each other mindset isn't an accident. I suspect he will not be able to meld his style and newer stuff together, but he could. With a couple real good, empowered assistants, Scott could be the CEO if he wanted to.

It's somewhat important too to just instill some Lakers pride. We're likely missing our 3rd consecutive playoffs so it's important to have someone be a standard bearer so to speak.

with the way they played defense yesterday and with a set rotation they can make the 8th seed.

with kobe healthy offcourse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters · 12m12 minutes ago
D'Angelo Russell update -- held out of practice today but Lakers say he showed signs of improvement. Status for tomorrow's game is TBD.

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters · 11m11 minutes ago
Brandon Bass update -- had an x-ray this morning on his left knee, results inconclusive. He will be examined by team doctors tomorrow in LA

that's a little troubling for Bass
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Quote:
D'Angelo Russell update -- held out of practice today but Lakers say he showed signs of improvement. Status for tomorrow's game is TBD.

Brandon Bass update -- had an x-ray this morning on his left knee, results inconclusive. He will be examined by team doctors tomorrow in LA

Well Vitti used a conch shell to diagnosis it. So inconclusive.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
Quote:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Training camp update: .... and the beat goes on
Lakers Continue Demanding Training Camp

Quote:
Nine days in paradise is a bit different if you’re a member of the Los Angeles Lakers.
The purple and gold wrap up their stay in Hawaii Wednesday, but it was far from a week of sunshine and piña coladas.

Head coach Byron Scott’s training camp is notorious for testing players’ conditioning, and the 2015 iteration lived up to its reputation.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/151007trainingcamp
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers may have a bright future, but they're a mess right now

Quote:
Hibbert and Brandon Bass should offer some defensive toughness -- and you know Scott is going to play his vets. Given the backcourt depth (admittedly of questionable quality), Swaggy might be out of the rotation by Thanksgiving. (Kobe and Lou are getting big minutes, and it'd be foolish not to play plenty of Jordan Clarkson and D'Angelo Russell.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/10/7/9407985/la-lakers-preview-2015-nba-kobe-bryant
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
D'Angelo Questionable and Brandon Bass Doubtful For Tomorrow's Game

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 5m5 minutes ago

Lakers have listed D'Angelo Russell (glute) as questionable & Brandon Bass (left knee) as doubtful to play tomorrow vs. Toronto in Ontario

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/651915535513317376

I guess we'll see more playing time for Larry and Upshaw

Quote:
Marcelo Huertas Expected To Be Back Friday

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 5m5 minutes ago

Lakers also ruled Marcelo Huertas out Thurs vs Toronto. He isn't expected back until Friday after finalizing immigration papers in Vancouver

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/651915872513056768

See you saturday, Marcelo

Last edited by Lakerfan 4 Life on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think this team will be in the 27-32 win range and probably in the 10-13th seed range sadly. Sigh.

Too early to predict anything just yet. However, I hope this team shows greater improvement than that. I'd like to see them win a minimum of 30 games.

I'm sticking with 38 wins
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

Game #2 Recap with Robert Horry and A.C. Green

Quote:
Analysis: Lessons From Hawaii:
Laker legends A.C. Green and Robert Horry discuss what they learned from Byron Scott’s team after two games in Hawaii.

http://www.twcsportsnet.com/lakers/videos/20151007/a-c-green-and-robert-horry-on-what-they-saw-from-the-lakers-in-hawaii
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject:

Does anyone find it funny that LA is playing Toronto in Ontario?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

Should have played Toronto in La Canada instead.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

#deepthoughts
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think this team will be in the 27-32 win range and probably in the 10-13th seed range sadly. Sigh.

Too early to predict anything just yet. However, I hope this team shows greater improvement than that. I'd like to see them win a minimum of 30 games.

I'm sticking with 38 wins

That would be awesome.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject:

I'm at the Ontario game against the Raptors, 2nd qtr, and I'm enjoying this team. They're going to be really good this year. They aren't even playing their best players but they have a lot of good pieces who seem to fit. Roy and Upshaw look good. Julius is NOT a bust. Jordans is doing fine and will be even better when Russell comes back. No Bass either but they look very competitive.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
24 wrote:

#deepthoughts

Anybody notice you park in a driveway and drive in a parkway?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
I'm at the Ontario game against the Raptors, 2nd qtr, and I'm enjoying this team. They're going to be really good this year. They aren't even playing their best players but they have a lot of good pieces who seem to fit. Roy and Upshaw look good. Julius is NOT a bust. Jordans is doing fine and will be even better when Russell comes back. No Bass either but they look very competitive.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject:

Friday was the team's first off-day since the start of training camp.

Practice resumes Saturday.

Sunday game #4 vs Israel’s Maccabi Haifa at Staples Center (6:30pm).
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:13 am    Post subject:

Byron's gonna do a four-a-day to make up for lost time.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject:

Jody Genessy ‏@DJJazzyJody
Kobe to Hood: "I can shoot it 30 times—you can shoot it 10 times. Don’t try to go there with me." Hood smiled: "To some point he was right."

Jody Genessy ‏@DJJazzyJody 20h20 hours ago
I get the feeling Rodney Hood would hire Kobe Bryant based on hearing about his resume. Hood: "Very impressive. Very impressive."
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject:

Kobeskillz wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:
22 wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:
Who cares. They are paid to do this. God forbid them run when they are paid millions. If they entered camp in shape like clarkson then the running should be a breeze.

Clarkson himself was missing dunks in scrimmages due to tired legs. B scott is an ineffective head coach

So what. It's pre season. No one complained when pat ran these guys to 5 chips in the 80s with even tougher camps. If magic and Kareem and all those legends can do it than these unaccomplished players can as well.

that was 1980's dude. nagging injuries turn into more serious injuries later on.

Clarkson and randle last yr. idiot vitti told randle to play on his bump

So because it was h 80s they could run more and be ok but now it's the worst thing ever. God these players are charming soft.

It's not about "soft", it's about modern sports science figuring out there are better, safer ways of conditioning and training players. This whole "better the players deal with tired, exhausted legs in preseason/training camp than during the regular season" is just a stupid assertion because it implies those are the only two choices. Look at the Warriors, the Spurs, the Hawks, and a bunch of other teams who don't do hell week equivalents. Were those teams dragging? Did the Lakers have an obvious conditioning advantage over those guys? No. Those teams were running other teams off the floor.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject:

All these out of shape slackers got a day off
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:
22 wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:
Who cares. They are paid to do this. God forbid them run when they are paid millions. If they entered camp in shape like clarkson then the running should be a breeze.

Clarkson himself was missing dunks in scrimmages due to tired legs. B scott is an ineffective head coach

So what. It's pre season. No one complained when pat ran these guys to 5 chips in the 80s with even tougher camps. If magic and Kareem and all those legends can do it than these unaccomplished players can as well.

that was 1980's dude. nagging injuries turn into more serious injuries later on.

Clarkson and randle last yr. idiot vitti told randle to play on his bump

So because it was h 80s they could run more and be ok but now it's the worst thing ever. God these players are charming soft.

It's not about "soft", it's about modern sports science figuring out there are better, safer ways of conditioning and training players. This whole "better the players deal with tired, exhausted legs in preseason/training camp than during the regular season" is just a stupid assertion because it implies those are the only two choices. Look at the Warriors, the Spurs, the Hawks, and a bunch of other teams who don't do hell week equivalents. Were those teams dragging? Did the Lakers have an obvious conditioning advantage over those guys? No. Those teams were running other teams off the floor.

Curious if this is fact or your assumption?

Do you have details of how those camps are being run? I would be curious to see them.

I would also consider the Spurs to be an exception. They are an established veteran team with most of their core roster returning or established vets that fit the team identity.

Lakers are still seeking any type of identity or cohesiveness. If being the " hell week survivors" helps the young guys and revamped roster feel connected, then so be it.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
Quote:

I appreciate what gitti has done for lakers but it was time for him to go

I am happy he is going
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Huertas, Russell Nearing Returns

Quote:
What the Lakers have lacked the most in their first three preseason games has been playmaking from the point guard position, but that’s no surprise, given the minor injuries to D’Angelo Russell (sore glute) and Marcelo Huertas (hamstring strain).

The Brazilian veteran has yet to play in a game, while Russell missed nearly all of the second game in Hawaii in addition to Thursday’s contest in Ontario.

Will the Lakers get a point guard back for Sunday’s contest against Israeli power Maccabi Haifa?

“We’ll see,” said coach Byron Scott. “I’ll talk to Gary Vitti and see how (Russell and Huertas) feels tomorrow (after) a regular shootaround day, so we’ll get up and down the floor and see how (they) reacts to that … Right now I’d say doubtful, but tomorrow we’ll go through our regular routine as far as getting ready for the game and see how those guys feel.”

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/151008huertas_russell
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:45 am    Post subject:

Is there no news on what they did Saturday?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 44 of 48
Jump to: