14 year old brings home made clock to school. Stupidity ensues.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EddieJones714
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject:

He's suing for 15Mil, I smell something fishy with this story.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject:

EddieJones714 wrote:

Well Obviously he got some shiester laywer, but I saw that "clock" and it could easily be mistaken for a bomb and of course a stupid nerd-boy would not think to actually ask someone about it BEFORE trying to bring it to school!

And for his stupidity he gets to meet the President...!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
EddieJones714 wrote:

Well Obviously he got some shiester laywer, but I saw that "clock" and it could easily be mistaken for a bomb and of course a stupid nerd-boy would not think to actually ask someone about it BEFORE trying to bring it to school!

If anyone thinks this incident would have been handled the same way by the school and the cops if the kid involved was a blonde white boy named Joey Smith they are either a liar or an idiot.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject:

His 15 minutes are over.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:01 am    Post subject:

"I build CPUs and solder them"

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject:

I hear he assembled a computer out of computer parts.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
EddieJones714 wrote:

If anyone thinks this incident would have been handled the same way by the school and the cops if the kid involved was a blonde white boy named Joey Smith they are either a liar or an idiot.

And you base this on...?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

I heard he opened up an existing computer and transferred the parts into another container and said he invented a computer.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject:

This kid (specifically the dad) trolled the entire country including our president. The joke is on us and our PC sensibilities that immediately kicked in without knowing all the facts.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
EddieJones714 wrote:

And you base this on...?

Be careful, this is Bernie Sanders you are speaking to.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
EddieJones714 wrote:

And you base this on...?

Not having my head up my ass about how much of the population views people of color, especially when they have foreign sounding names.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
EddieJones714 wrote:

And you base this on...?

Not having my head up my ass about how much of the population views people of color, especially when they have foreign sounding names.

So basically your own biases and prejudiced assumptions about others.

Thanks for clarifying.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
EddieJones714 wrote:

And you base this on...?

Thanks for clarifying.

It has nothing to do with assumptions about others and everything to do with making an obvious observation about what is going on in American society these days.

Ignore it if you wish and try to dismiss if it helps, but it doesn't change the existence of the attitude and its pervasiveness.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
EddieJones714 wrote:

And you base this on...?

Thanks for clarifying.

It has nothing to do with assumptions about others and everything to do with making an obvious observation about what is going on in American society these days.

Ignore it if you wish and try to dismiss if it helps, but it doesn't change the existence of the attitude and its pervasiveness.

Your "obvious observation" is a prejudiced assumption. You take a general observation on your part and attempt to apply it to individuals.

It's pretty much the same as saying that blacks generally have a higher crime rate, then assuming that a neighborhood is full of criminals because it is primarily black.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
EddieJones714 wrote:

You're probably right.

No way he goes off to meet Obama if his name was Joey Smith.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
EddieJones714 wrote:

You're probably right.

No way he goes off to meet Obama if his name was Joey Smith.

I really wish Prez had stayed out of this one.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Your "obvious observation" is a prejudiced assumption. You take a general observation on your part and attempt to apply it to individuals.

Not applying it to individuals at all. Just making an observation about a very prevalent issue in American society at all - as anyone who has paid any attention to the news lately can see.

Quote:
It's pretty much the same as saying that blacks generally have a higher crime rate, then assuming that a neighborhood is full of criminals because it is primarily black.

No even remotely a correct analogy.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Not applying it to individuals at all. Just making an observation about a very prevalent issue in American society at all - as anyone who has paid any attention to the news lately can see.

You're assuming that the individuals involved at the school would have reacted differently if he was white.

Quote:
Quote:

It's a pretty spot-on analogy.

You took a general observation about a group and assumed that a smaller group of individuals would behave a certain way because of those general observations.

I believe the correct response to that should be, "I realize what I just did and it's wrong."
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

You're assuming that the individuals involved at the school would have reacted differently if he was white.

Quote:
Quote:

You took a general observation about a group and assumed that a smaller group of individuals would behave a certain way because of those general observations.

I believe the correct response to that should be, "I realize what I just did and it's wrong."

Just take a look at what so many are saying - that this kid and his parents simply made a publicity/money play knowing what the reaction would be (not saying that is the case either way, nor dismissing it).

Why do you think they would say that?

Why do you think that they would think such a ploy would be successful if not for exactly the dynamic I discuss?

There are "assumptions" and there are well founded predictions based on a great deal of evidence and observation - the two are very different.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

I heard he opened up an existing computer and transferred the parts into another container and said he invented a computer.

I heard that Mule thought he was wrong once, but he was mistaken.

I remember in my Frosh year, an overtly nerdy Asian brainer (nerdy even for Asian brainers) brought to school a Centrum jar. He took the labels off and put on a new label that read U-235 and was telling people it was uranium, including teachers. He did it in at least 2 classes. The history teacher was pissed. He didn't find it quirky or amusing. That's what this story reminded me of from the get-go.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Just take a look at what so many are saying - that this kid and his parents simply made a publicity/money play knowing what the reaction would be (not saying that is the case either way, nor dismissing it).

Why do you think that they would think such a ploy would be successful if not for exactly the dynamic I discuss?

There are "assumptions" and there are well founded predictions based on a great deal of evidence and observation - the two are very different.

I think those comments are more about the PC nature of the country than any bigotry or prejudice about the kid.

The fact is that the clock looked like a stereotypical bomb. There are been kids of different races who got in trouble at schools for making their Pop-Tarts. The country is in super sensitive mode.

This kid seemed like a prankster to me. I do think he knew he'd get in trouble. I don't think he really thought so much about it getting this big. And it does appear that his parents, and probably lawyers, figured they'd take advantage of anything they could.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
The fact is that the clock looked like a stereotypical bomb. .

Other than the lack of explosives, that is. A bunch of wires look really deadly, don't they?

I find it interesting that people can look at something like this and see a bomb if they really, really want to. The cops and the principal knew that it wasn't a bomb. The kid never tried to make people think it was a bomb. The police chief said there was no evidence that it was a hoax bomb.

But anyway, this is all old news. At this point, I'd rather talk about Trayvon Martin. The kid might get some sort of symbolic judgment for an illegal arrest, but what are the damages? The kid became a celebrity because of the incident.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

I think those comments are more about the PC nature of the country than any bigotry or prejudice about the kid.

The fact is that the clock looked like a stereotypical bomb.

And yet not one single person involved in what happened ever thought it was a bomb. In fact, quite the opposite.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
The fact is that the clock looked like a stereotypical bomb. .

Other than the lack of explosives, that is. A bunch of wires look really deadly, don't they?

I find it interesting that people can look at something like this and see a bomb if they really, really want to. The cops and the principal knew that it wasn't a bomb. The kid never tried to make people think it was a bomb. The police chief said there was no evidence that it was a hoax bomb.

But anyway, this is all old news. At this point, I'd rather talk about Trayvon Martin. The kid might get some sort of symbolic judgment for an illegal arrest, but what are the damages? The kid became a celebrity because of the incident.

If he wanted it to look like a clock, why didn't he put the guts back in the clock housing?

He was a known prankster and troublemaker. Just gotta do the math.

In either case, a what a dumb thing to do, put a bunch of wires in a briefcase.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Part of the reason that is being said, is because Ahmed reportedly was being heavily coached by his sister (and potentially other family members) on what to say. The tweets don't seem genuine, and it was reported that his sister was literally heard coaching him on phone calls.

Seems fishy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12
Jump to: