Does LAL have a real shot at KD next summer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject:

0 shot i heard him drunk say NYK or Wiz but we can keep dreaming
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Theoretically we could sign Durant and Lebron next offseason....theoretically.

I wonder if Lebron and Durant want to play with each other.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Durant's said that he's tired of being "second best", which he'd probably be if they ever paired up together. And I HIGHLY doubt Lebron is ever leaving Cleveland again. He basically runs that franchise, and if he ever does win a championship there, they would build a shrine dedicated to him. He's tried so hard to repair his image after The Decision 5 years ago that I doubt he'd risk tarnishing it again.

Although it would be hilarious if he flaked out on Cleveland, again, and this time, for the "big bad and evil" Lakers. What a (bleep) storm that would cause
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Durant's said that he's tired of being "second best", which he'd probably be if they ever paired up together. And I HIGHLY doubt Lebron is ever leaving Cleveland again. He basically runs that franchise, and if he ever does win a championship there, they would build a shrine dedicated to him. He's tried so hard to repair his image after The Decision 5 years ago that I doubt he'd risk tarnishing it again.

Although it would be hilarious if he flaked out on Cleveland, again, and this time, for the "big bad and evil" Lakers. What a (bleep) storm that would cause

Where did he say that?
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Where did he say that?

Link

Two year old article, but with how close Durant is to becoming the best player in the league, when healthy, I'd bet the point still stands.

Last edited by Lakers95 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Okc is westbrook's team now, not KD's
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Where did he say that?

Link

Two year old article, but with how close Durant is to becoming the best player in the league, when healthy, I'd bet the point still stands.

Lebron is a ring chaser.
If we're pitching to Durant in 2016 and Lebron opts out in Cleveland.
We should pitch the tandem idea to both of them.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:53 am    Post subject:

Durant will resign a 1 year deal in OKC. You can bet on it.

Which means save up our cap space and make a run and Durant and Westbrook in 2017. Ibaka is a free agent then too.
tom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject:

Zero. Has the last 2 summers told us nothing.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Where did he say that?

Link

Lebron is a ring chaser.

I wouldn't call Lebron a ring chaser. I would call him the model of the new NBA superstar -- the top guys are rich beyond measure and they are as big a brand as the team they play for.

If a GM won't put the right players around them, they shrug, say "I'll be my own GM and make up my own team," and move on. Personally, I think these guys are smart. Lebron has two rings because he didn't sit around with fingers crossed hoping the Cleveland GM would find some good players to team him with.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Where did he say that?

Link

Lebron is a ring chaser.

There are only players who want rings and money.

There are few players as talented as Durant, but there's another dozen franchises (or more !) today who represent better chance to anyone seeking rings in the next five years.

I'm convinced that we have no chance to get Durant before we make other big things happen first. Until the Lakers make themselves much more attractive (with a deep charge or two in the post-season, coupled with a key all-NBA player of our own development, trade or draft) few free agents of proven all-NBA quality will come here willingly, certainly not the best ones anyway.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Put yourself in Durants shoes. Personally if i was him my destination would be New Orleans. I would ask Conley to come along too. Conley/Durant/Davis would win a championship I think.

Never even considered NO. That would be insane!

Holy God.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Where did he say that?

Link

Lebron is a ring chaser.

I wouldn't call Lebron a ring chaser. I would call him the model of the new NBA superstar -- the top guys are rich beyond measure and they are as big a brand as the team they play for.

If a GM won't put the right players around them, they shrug, say "I'll be my own GM and make up my own team," and move on. Personally, I think these guys are smart. Lebron has two rings because he didn't sit around with fingers crossed hoping the Cleveland GM would find some good players to team him with.

True look at how many years KG wasted away in Minny never to win anything. He lucked up when Minny traded him to Boston.

Look at Kobe, he practically demanded a trade and was in tears on the radio over it. Maybe he was not crying, but in the interview I heard Kobe got real emotional. He wanted to win that bad.

On another note of Kobe in tears. 2003, we just got beat by the Spurs. I was ready for him to start letting them flow in his first interview (I believe it was on court, right after they were eliminated) after that loss. I love this dude man, the need to win was so extreme. The force is strong with Kobe.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Put yourself in Durants shoes. Personally if i was him my destination would be New Orleans. I would ask Conley to come along too. Conley/Durant/Davis would win a championship I think.

Never even considered NO. That would be insane!

Holy God.

The NBA would be in so much trouble. Could you imagine Durant/Davis

We would come up short everytime. I would not expect Russell/Jordan/Julius to add up to that.

I am really hoping Julius is a true beast, I mean this guy has to be insanely/historically good if the Lakers are going anywhere in the future. It is a huge question mark for me?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Where did he say that?

Link

Lebron is a ring chaser.

True look at how many years KG wasted away in Minny never to win anything. He lucked up when Minny traded him to Boston.

Look at Kobe, he practically demanded a trade and was in tears on the radio over it. Maybe he was not crying, but in the interview I heard Kobe got real emotional. He wanted to win that bad.

On another note of Kobe in tears. 2003, we just got beat by the Spurs. I was ready for him to start letting them flow in his first interview (I believe it was on court, right after they were eliminated) after that loss. I love this dude man, the need to win was so extreme. The force is strong with Kobe.

Seems like you guys disagree with the negative connotation of "ring chaser".
But you agree with my perspective on Lebron in practicality.
If Lebron knew Durant would partner with him in LA. And if he thinks he could win a championship as a tandem with Durant. He would come.

If we're living in an imaginary world where Durant could come to LA next offseason. I think the most logical scenario of Durant coming here is a LBJ tandem.
Westbrook, Ibaka, Irving, and Love have all missed time in the past 2 seasons due to injury. So if that happens again. They could come.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Where did he say that?

Link

Lebron is a ring chaser.

If Lebron knew Durant would partner with him in LA. And if he thinks he could win a championship as a tandem with Durant. He would come.

If we're living in an imaginary world where Durant could come to LA next offseason. I think the most logical scenario of Durant coming here is a LBJ tandem.
Westbrook, Ibaka, Irving, and Love have all missed time in the past 2 seasons due to injury. So if that happens again. They could come.

Hey, it could happen. However I still think is very unlikely. If we get Durant I will do you know what in my pants. If LBJ comes with him? I may have a heart attack?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Where did he say that?

Link

Lebron is a ring chaser.

In the Durant + Lebron scenario, how much Cap Space is allocated for Clarkson and a Center?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Where did he say that?

Link

Lebron is a ring chaser.

In the Durant + Lebron scenario, how much Cap Space is allocated for Clarkson and a Center?

I think you still have room for Clarkson, but no center. heck I bet Clarkson would even consider taking the QO to play with those guys. But a center probably not? Would probably have to use the MLE or roll with Upshaw? Either way I could live with that for Lebron/Durant.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

I think you still have room for Clarkson, but no center. heck I bet Clarkson would even consider taking the QO to play with those guys. But a center probably not? Would probably have to use the MLE or roll with Upshaw? Either way I could live with that for Lebron/Durant.

You and a fair number of people on LG could live with that, but would Lebron and Durant be able to live with that level of uncertainty for a Center?
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject:

I doubt Durant will leave OKC but if he does the Wizards are the only other team I could see him going to. There's a 0% chance he signs with the Lakers regardless of how good they are this year. I think they sign Derozan and re-sign Clarkson and Hibbert.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Not going to happen. Lebron is not going to face another PR
Scandal by leaving Cleveland; NOT.

KD would be closer to winning in OKC or NO's for example; he's not coming to the Lakers. Going after guys that their agents will direct else where is a true waste of time and of locking up needed pieces....
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Not going to happen. Lebron is not going to face another PR
Scandal by leaving Cleveland; NOT.

KD would be closer to winning in OKC or NO's for example; he's not coming to the Lakers. Going after guys that their agents will direct else where is a true waste of time and of locking up needed pieces....

I actually agree with you. Especially the bolded.
I was just working backwards from the premise that somehow we signed Durant.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject:

I think the fact we've never heard even the faintest rumor of Durant-to-Lakers is pretty meaningful. You usually get a whiff of this stuff. Even though Love never ended up here, I totally believe he wanted to LA when he was in Minnesota (and may still) because that kind of stuff gets out. He tells his friends/advisors and then one of those people ends up letting it slip because it's gossip too juicy to hold onto.

With Durant to Lakers, there's nothing and I don't see why he'd want to come here. He's never seemed like the big-fish-small-pond type like Shaq was in Orlando. He has no hometown roots here. And it's a matter of public knowledge he's very into the analytics movement in the NBA, to the point he has focused on being a more efficient player the past few years. And even if the Lakers are making strides towards that end, there's no way they catch up to the other teams in the span of a season. Add to that we're simply not a contender right now and won't be when KD is weighing options. Westbrook remains our best hope as a Big FA Fish, although i'm skeptical he will have many effective/injury-free seasons left in him by the time he's an FA.

I know there's no way the Lakers resist pushing all their chips in on Durant, so our only hope is that he does us good by telling us we're simply not in the running, so that we can focus on more attainable players. Luckily Durant will be a max player no matter where he goes, so his agent won't need to use us as leverage.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Our rookies would have to look very, very, very good for us to have a credible shot at KD, assuming his foot heals back to 100 percent. It's not at all likely, but it is theoretically possible. Fingers crossed.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
I think the fact we've never heard even the faintest rumor of Durant-to-Lakers is pretty meaningful. You usually get a whiff of this stuff. Even though Love never ended up here, I totally believe he wanted to LA when he was in Minnesota (and may still) because that kind of stuff gets out. He tells his friends/advisors and then one of those people ends up letting it slip because it's gossip too juicy to hold onto.

With Durant to Lakers, there's nothing and I don't see why he'd want to come here. He's never seemed like the big-fish-small-pond type like Shaq was in Orlando. He has no hometown roots here. And it's a matter of public knowledge he's very into the analytics movement in the NBA, to the point he has focused on being a more efficient player the past few years. And even if the Lakers are making strides towards that end, there's no way they catch up to the other teams in the span of a season. Add to that we're simply not a contender right now and won't be when KD is weighing options. Westbrook remains our best hope as a Big FA Fish, although i'm skeptical he will have many effective/injury-free seasons left in him by the time he's an FA.

I know there's no way the Lakers resist pushing all their chips in on Durant, so our only hope is that he does us good by telling us we're simply not in the running, so that we can focus on more attainable players. Luckily Durant will be a max player no matter where he goes, so his agent won't need to use us as leverage.

Actually, I think it's a good thing that there has been no mention. Tells me agents aren't just using our brand to help their agenda. No doubt we will be in the mix when it's all said and done.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10
Jump to: