OFFICIAL 2015-2016 SEASON DISCUSSION THREAD...(Finally got to see Upshaw play)!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Tired legs...tired legs...tired legs!!

Didn't expect any better for this game. Actually was better 1st half than I thought....was very exciting!!

If no injuries...going to be an exciting year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject:

I liked what I saw from Hibbert, Lou, Young, Clarkson, Russell and Randle. Good defensive effort, the rotations were crisp until it came down to Kobe, and then they broke down. I expect our defensive rating to jump 10 spots or more this season. I love the calmness that Lou, and to an extent Clarkson played with. The biggest surprise was Hibbert's passing out of the post, that was sweet. Shooting comes and goes, but defense should be a constant.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:

Didn't expect any better for this game. Actually was better 1st half than I thought....was very exciting!!

When asked about the tired legs byron responded with, yes, the other team looked to be in better shape so tomorrow we'll do more running. Byron...idiot. /facepalm
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject:

There were some good minutes from Nick Young and also from Sacre. I can feel some poster's heads exploding as they read that.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
There were some good minutes from Nick Young and also from Sacre. I can feel some poster's heads exploding as they read that.

I was surprised BScott didn't play Russell or JC that much with the 2nd unit. Hopefully one of the those guys can be most of the game to initiate offense.

Don't really get the hate from Sacre. I think he plays within himself which is exactly what you want from a 3rd string C.

Nick has talent. Played very well.

Kelly took it to the hole a few times and surprised me with his ability to do so.

Sacre, Nick, and Kelly get demolished on these boards but I thought the tree of dem played well.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I was surprised BScott didn't play Russell or JC that much with the 2nd unit. Hopefully one of the those guys can be most of the game to initiate offense.

Don't really get the hate from Sacre. I think he plays within himself which is exactly what you want from a 3rd string C.

Kelly took it to the hole a few times and surprised me with his ability to do so.

Sacre, Nick, and Kelly get demolished on these boards but I thought the tree of dem played well.

He showed the ability quite often as a rookie, but it was against other bigs. He has above average speed and quickness for a 4, but that advantage is all but negated as a 3.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

When asked about the tired legs byron responded with, yes, the other team looked to be in better shape so tomorrow we'll do more running. Byron...idiot. /facepalm

Are you serious?? Did he really say that or are you joking??

Last edited by kobe_luver on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

What is a "tree of dem"?

But seriously....I couldn't disagree more on Sacre! He needs to go.
Nick did very well. I wasn't one of the majority screaming to get rid of him.
Kelly is OK...but still needs to go.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

Are you serious?? Did he really say that or are you joking??

Can someone please tell me if BS really said that?
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject:

^ Yes he did.

http://espn.go.com/blog/losangeles-lakers/post/_/id/41871/scott-lakers-have-to-fight-through-fatigue-in-preseason

Quote:
A year ago, Kobe Bryant talked about the rigors of the Los Angeles Lakers' training camp in Byron Scott's first season as head coach.

"This is the most running I've ever done in an NBA practice," Bryant said. "It is, for sure. I've never run this much in an NBA practice."

Bryant didn't make it through the season, playing 35 uneven games before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery. Neither did Steve Nash, Julius Randle, Nick Young, Xavier Henry, or Ronnie Price. The Lakers led the NBA in games missed due to injury.

Scott, perhaps feeling that increased fitness could be the answer to his team's struggles with durability, appears to be doubling down on his preseason regimen.

"You can always say it's tired legs. That to me is an excuse," Scott said Monday, according to ESPN's Baxter Holmes. He was responding to a question about his players' possible fatigue, after the Lakers shot 29 percent on their way to a 90-71 loss in their preseason opener Sunday night.

"I don't necessarily care about tired legs in preseason," Scott continued. "I think everything that we've done thus far will pay off at the end of the day. You've got some guys that might have tired legs and (are) a little worn out, but all the running as far as getting into that physical condition that we need to get into, I think in December and January, it will pay off."

If anything, Scott said, he needs to be working his players harder, as the Utah Jazz ran them off the floor.

"From what I saw, we've got to do some more running as far as getting back in transition because I thought they looked like they were in better shape than we were."

And as for any possible fatigue, the Lakers will have to learn to tough it out.

"They'll just have to kind of fight through that fatigue part of it," Scott said. "And I think mentally it gets them a little stronger anyway."
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject:

The disconnect is real
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject:

The problem is tge FO is rolling with this stupidity.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Scott used a similar message after his Lakers were drubbed by the Jazz on Sunday, saying, "From what I saw, we've got to do some more running as far as getting back in transition because I thought they looked like they were in better shape than we were."

Lol
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
^ Yes he did.

http://espn.go.com/blog/losangeles-lakers/post/_/id/41871/scott-lakers-have-to-fight-through-fatigue-in-preseason

Quote:
A year ago, Kobe Bryant talked about the rigors of the Los Angeles Lakers' training camp in Byron Scott's first season as head coach.

"This is the most running I've ever done in an NBA practice," Bryant said. "It is, for sure. I've never run this much in an NBA practice."

Bryant didn't make it through the season, playing 35 uneven games before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery. Neither did Steve Nash, Julius Randle, Nick Young, Xavier Henry, or Ronnie Price. The Lakers led the NBA in games missed due to injury.

Scott, perhaps feeling that increased fitness could be the answer to his team's struggles with durability, appears to be doubling down on his preseason regimen.

"You can always say it's tired legs. That to me is an excuse," Scott said Monday, according to ESPN's Baxter Holmes. He was responding to a question about his players' possible fatigue, after the Lakers shot 29 percent on their way to a 90-71 loss in their preseason opener Sunday night.

"I don't necessarily care about tired legs in preseason," Scott continued. "I think everything that we've done thus far will pay off at the end of the day. You've got some guys that might have tired legs and (are) a little worn out, but all the running as far as getting into that physical condition that we need to get into, I think in December and January, it will pay off."

If anything, Scott said, he needs to be working his players harder, as the Utah Jazz ran them off the floor.

"From what I saw, we've got to do some more running as far as getting back in transition because I thought they looked like they were in better shape than we were."

And as for any possible fatigue, the Lakers will have to learn to tough it out.

"They'll just have to kind of fight through that fatigue part of it," Scott said. "And I think mentally it gets them a little stronger anyway."

OMG.....

Please repost this in the BS P&M thread.

When will the Lakers FO wake up and put a stop to this madness? After we have another season with hardly any players on the floor?

I said all summer this was my biggest fear with BS coaching all these new great guys.

We know BS has a horrible rep in the NBA to players for this cr*p.....he sure is adding to the hesitance of any great players coming here.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Coach Scott....smh. Where ancient methods happens
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject:

It will pay off in December he says... We will be in better condition he says... LOL while in the Phil Jackson days, all they did was pray, zen and meditate.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject:

These guys are Professional athletes and have been playing basketball since they were little. They've been conditioned in High School and College already. Why tire them out to the ground and risk injury through just running line drills all day and 17 in 1's. What they need is the Mental approach like how Phil use to do it.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:45 am    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
These guys are Professional athletes and have been playing basketball since they were little. They've been conditioned in High School and College already. Why tire them out to the ground and risk injury through just running line drills all day and 17 in 1's. What they need is the Mental approach like how Phil use to do it.

NBA conditioning is NOT the same as H.S. or College conditioning. Not even close.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:

Were they tired legs or just players who were just not ready for NBA speed?
They looked just like the Lakers of the Summer league who couldn't score, shot poorly, and barely put up 75 ppg. I cannot imagine these guys in the SPL being tired since they didn't have a camp at that time. So what is the problem?
Poor offense, poor defense, lack of talent?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

Byron Scott Addresses ‘Tired Legs’ During Preseason

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-byron-scott-addresses-tired-legs-during-preseason/2015/10/05/
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
krisobe wrote:

NBA conditioning is NOT the same as H.S. or College conditioning. Not even close.

Yeah, with TV timeouts and other breaks in action the rest time during games is greater in the NBA than in lower levels. Being able to run 400 yards fast has no benefit in the NBA. Train NBA players like you train football lineman, so they are able to give 100% in short bursts. What they are doing now isn't likely to help them in December unless they do it every day. Scott has no clue.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:

Does everyone know 22 of our first 33 regular season games are on the road? It's going to get ugly fast...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Does everyone know 22 of our first 33 regular season games are on the road? It's going to get ugly fast...

Yes it's going to be a long and arduous task ahead; I just hope the moaning groaning doesn't cause anyone from LG to stroke out!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers may have a bright future, but they're a mess right now

Quote:
Hibbert and Brandon Bass should offer some defensive toughness -- and you know Scott is going to play his vets. Given the backcourt depth (admittedly of questionable quality), Swaggy might be out of the rotation by Thanksgiving. (Kobe and Lou are getting big minutes, and it'd be foolish not to play plenty of Jordan Clarkson and D'Angelo Russell.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/10/7/9407985/la-lakers-preview-2015-nba-kobe-bryant
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's shot is flatter this year compared to last year. And that might actually be closer to what his shot was pre-achilles. Last year he shot more of a set-shot than I'd ever seen from him, from the first game it was obvious - the achilles changed his shot, the arch and set shot was weird to see.
This year it's different.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: