BScott: Kobe to have "hard cap" on minutes this season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Byron honestly believes that Kobe can single handedly win games in 2015. He thinks that if they play two games and limit his minutes in both, they'll go 0-2, but if he gives him one game off and plays him until the wheels fall off in the other, they'll go 1-1. I really don't know what he's watching. I'm sure he is also doing this crap because playing him heavy minutes keeps his per game averages up.

Wait, so Byron is playing Kobe more minutes just so Kobe can end up with better stats?

I think it's much more about the first reason I listed. But i don't think he's willing to have Kobe play only 15-20 minutes when a game is out of reach one way or the other because of the effect on his numbers.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Byron honestly believes that Kobe can single handedly win games in 2015. He thinks that if they play two games and limit his minutes in both, they'll go 0-2, but if he gives him one game off and plays him until the wheels fall off in the other, they'll go 1-1. I really don't know what he's watching. I'm sure he is also doing this crap because playing him heavy minutes keeps his per game averages up.

Wait, so Byron is playing Kobe more minutes just so Kobe can end up with better stats?

I think it's much more about the first reason I listed. But i don't think he's willing to have Kobe play only 15-20 minutes when a game is out of reach one way or the other because of the effect on his numbers.

Second game of the season, Lakers down 19 to start the 4th against Sacramento. Kobe didn't play a single minute in the 4th and he was having a relatively good shooting night (5 for 12, .417%). Well there goes that dumb theory.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Second game of the season, Lakers down 19 to start the 4th against Sacramento. Kobe didn't play a single minute in the 4th and he was having a relatively good shooting night (5 for 12, .417%). Well there goes that dumb theory.

Only game this year that doesn't support my dumb theory. If you can explain Byron's real plan to me, please do.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Only game this year that doesn't support my dumb theory. If you can explain Byron's real plan to me, please do.

It's pretty clear, like he says, he wants to win. There's no hidden agenda. If you don't agree with his opinion that by playing Kobe we have a better chance at winning then that's just another discussion.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

It's pretty clear, like he says, he wants to win. There's no hidden agenda. If you don't agree with his opinion that by playing Kobe we have a better chance at winning then that's just another discussion.

I think if he wants to win, he should play him smarter, not harder. I know Advanced stats give Byron the heebie jeebies but it's obvious to all of us that Kobes performance goes down as his minutes go up. There's no reason Kobe can't be playing a reasonable amount of minutes in almost 82 games. Having to take days off just because he wants to burn him out in the games he does play? Just foolish.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

I think if he wants to win, he should play him smarter, not harder. I know Advanced stats give Byron the heebie jeebies but it's obvious to all of us that Kobes performance goes down as his minutes go up. There's no reason Kobe can't be playing a reasonable amount of minutes in almost 82 games. Having to take days off just because he wants to burn him out in the games he does play? Just foolish.

Everything Byron does is foolish. I can agree with that. I just disagree on that whole hidden agenda thing. That was also foolish.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Everything Byron does is foolish. I can agree with that. I just disagree on that whole hidden agenda thing. That was also foolish.

Well when he makes a habit of controlling Kobes minutes and playing him sparingly when it isn't needed, I'll recant. One game is not enough to convince me when he's been doing the opposite for two seasons now.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Well when he makes a habit of controlling Kobes minutes and playing him sparingly when it isn't needed, I'll recant. One game is not enough to convince me when he's been doing the opposite for two seasons now.

Thing is we're talking Byron here. He may never do it. Does that mean that he just wants to pad Kobe's stats? Seriously this is one of the dumbest things I've read here. If he wanted to pad stats in the team he would play Nick, Lou, and Bass for 48 minutes so we could trade them by the deadline.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

That's an incredible reach. The obvious answer based on his use of other veterans is his mule-headed approach to relying on them. He probably STILL thinks Kobe can drag this team to .500 in games he plays despite evidence to the contrary.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject:

Want to know who leads us in minutes?

you guessed it KOBE
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: