do you guys still consider kobe to be "Good"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
But you do realize it's going to be Kobe, right?

Or are we going back to this "Kobe will finally change" thing?

Totally fine with it being Kobe some of the time. Just not all of the time. We're not winning a championship. We're grooming young men now.

If Kobe hadn't tasted that sour taste of failure in his early years who knows. He learned from that and the young guys will need to also.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is still good. He's just much slower than he used to be. :'(
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I do think Kobe is going to play the right way for the most part. But when the game is close and it's at the end i think it will still be Kobe time. I honestly dont know if that is bad or good? I'm sure there are pros and cons on both sides of the argument.

But yes, I would like to see him let Clarkson do his thing every once in awhile, I could be content with that.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Kobe is still good. He's just much slower than he used to be. :'(

Well he is 37 years old no spring chicken this is to be expected.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject:

HELL yes he is still good.
kobeslaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject:

And you can see he's keep encouraging the young players, I love it.
yaloomine
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject:

I love how much he's just catching and shooting and letting other guys handle the ball. Hope he keeps it up.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject:

yaloomine wrote:
I love how much he's just catching and shooting and letting other guys handle the ball. Hope he keeps it up.

I feel like the more he keeps doing it the better he will get at it and that will do wonders for his game because he can still hit the fadeaway in the post

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Yes, Kobe is still good. If he stays healthy, he's at least a top 10 SG in the league.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:
24 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
golaker wrote:
Or it could just be that it was the final 24 seconds of the quarter and Kobe was holding it for the last shot.

I think he's earned that right.

To answer your first post, no, i didn't watch the game. I was working. I had to follow a box score and watch high highlights later. Turns out it was the game previous to that. I'll admit to the mistake, but what difference does it make which preseason game it was? Either way, it's still a bad possession.

And whether Kobe has "earned the right" at the expense of the team or good play is an absurd prioritization. Many teams, playoff teams even, will run actual plays when time is running out, instead of the archaic "star player dribbles out the shotclock and then takes a pull-up jumper." We saw Lou and Nick try this, too, at the end of the 2nd game. How about practicing an actual play?

Also worth saying that throwing out one bad possession in a sea of pretty decent, disciplined ball seems a bit like trying to use a technical truth to perpetuate a larger lie...

Also, it was a preseason game.

Let's not pretend like this team is going to play within a spurs like, precision orchestrated offense. Kobe's not going to ruin anything, trust me on that one.

If Kobe, in his last year, on a horrible team, wants to carry up the ball and make his own play on the last shot of the 2nd quarter, in a preseason game, than he can do so without posters coming in after the game (a game they didn't watch) and posting one of these stupid faces

It's not so much about ruining anything, it's more about setting the right example. On that play, no, that's not at all the right example.

But pretty much every other play this season? Kobe's been spot on.

Not sure why people can't just say yeah, that was a dumb play, but recognize the majority of the other plays have been anythign but. We don't have to pretend it was a great decision do we?

Nobody has pretended it was a great decision, so I don't understand where you're coming from or what it is that you want.

I don't think you'll find many laker fans, or any fan that isn't a Kobe hater for that matter, going out of their way to point out that Kobe made a bad play in his 20th season on a bad team in a preseason game. I think you'll be mostly alone on that one.

Well, you did say he earned the right to make that play. No need to defend it. One bad play among a sea of good ones. Right?

Anyway, I wasn't the one that brought that up. In fact, if you were paying attention instead of allowing oversensitivity to cloud reason, you would have seen that I actually agreed with you and RCS that calling this one play out wasn't fair since it was pretty much the only bad play from the man. Scroll up -- you'll see.

I disagreed with the silly idea he has a right to make a bad play. No one is ever right to do that. But they're going to happen. As long as they are the exception and not the rule then it's no big deal.

It's comical to watch you do this dance every year with your opinions on Kobe. The fact that you would even attach your anti-Kobe feelings to another notorious Kobe hater, who's being called out for an obvious screw up is just golden.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject:

It's actually Kobe haters worst nightmare to see Kobe playing good enough to remain elite, while at the same time allowing the young players space to flourish and develope. Sort of like cockroaches when you turn lights these folks at ESPN and LG will eventually run and hide until Kobe does something they don't like. Of course they'll be more than happy to pounce on a bad performance, even if they have to pull a play from a pre season game that they didn't even watch, from the wrong game no less!!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:48 am    Post subject:

Kobe has looked very good the past two games imo. He's not forcing things, letting the younger guards handle the ball, and finding a way to score and distribute.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Kobe has looked very good the past two games imo. He's not forcing things, letting the younger guards handle the ball, and finding a way to score and distribute.

Pretty much.
This is all we really need from him.
He'll be able to score 15-20 a night, and he'll be an asset to the team on most nights.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:

Totally fine with it being Kobe some of the time. Just not all of the time. We're not winning a championship. We're grooming young men now.

If Kobe hadn't tasted that sour taste of failure in his early years who knows. He learned from that and the young guys will need to also.

Kobe still looks to be our best player, i really don't see anybody on this team growing up to be the next great thing, so not sure why the sole focus should be around grooming good players that aren't taking us to a ring.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Yeah I do think Kobe is going to play the right way for the most part. But when the game is close and it's at the end i think it will still be Kobe time. I honestly dont know if that is bad or good? I'm sure there are pros and cons on both sides of the argument.

But yes, I would like to see him let Clarkson do his thing every once in awhile, I could be content with that.

I'm OK with Kobe having the ball in the post during crunch time. What I don't want to see is Kobe trying to create offense from 30 feet out. Leave that to Clarkson, Russell or even Randle.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:

Kobe still looks to be our best player, i really don't see anybody on this team growing up to be the next great thing, so not sure why the sole focus should be around grooming good players that aren't taking us to a ring.

Not sure if serious.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject:

I actually think old man Kobe is good for the young players development. He can pass out of the post when doubled and beat players 1vs1 using fundamentals and playing a slow, controlled old man game, and that's exactly what you need to teach young high motor players like Clarkson and Randle.

I think Kobe's in line for a great year. It's all situational, and now that he has some talent around him, I think he'll be willing to teach them. Last year, he had no respect for the team, big difference.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
I actually think old man Kobe is good for the young players development. He can pass out of the post when doubled and beat players 1vs1 using fundamentals and playing a slow, controlled old man game, and that's exactly what you need to teach young high motor players like Clarkson and Randle.

I think Kobe's in line for a great year. It's all situational, and now that he has some talent around him, I think he'll be willing to teach them. Last year, he had no respect for the team, big difference.

+1
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Yes, Kobe is still good. If he stays healthy, he's at least a top 10 SG in the league.

Which 9 SG do you have ahead of Kobe?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
markjay wrote:

Which 9 SG do you have ahead of Kobe?

I'd take Butler, Klay, and Harden over him.
He's in the Derozan-Monta Ellis range to start the season.
When the rust falls off he could become comparable to the top 3.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:

Randle has looked like the best player on the team so far. Kobe second and Clarkson third. Not enough seen of Russell to move him ahead of 4th so far.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:

Well, Russell has played two entire preseason games, Randle and the other rookies have played three preseason games. And shockingly not one of them has yet been inducted into the Hall of Fame so time to close down this failed experiment. Kobe should be good for another 10 or 15 years so your plan is very sound.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:

Well, Russell has played two entire preseason games, Randle and the other rookies have played three preseason games. And shockingly not one of them has yet been inducted into the Hall of Fame so time to close down this failed experiment. Kobe should be good for another 10 or 15 years so your plan is very sound.

Now that's the spirit!
heineken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
It's actually Kobe haters worst nightmare to see Kobe playing good enough to remain elite, while at the same time allowing the young players space to flourish and develope. Sort of like cockroaches when you turn lights these folks at ESPN and LG will eventually run and hide until Kobe does something they don't like. Of course they'll be more than happy to pounce on a bad performance, even if they have to pull a play from a pre season game that they didn't even watch, from the wrong game no less!!

It seems like he stole their lunch money. Yet they follow from thread to thread to make sure no one over states his value or worth. Like they are salivating for the day he retires. What I don't get and can't fathom is talking junk about a living Lakers legend on a Laker forum. It's like I get it you don't like Kobe but if that's true why doing you keep posting in every thread about him?
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject:

heineken wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

It seems like he stole their lunch money. Yet they follow from thread to thread to make sure no one over states his value or worth. Like they are salivating for the day he retires. What I don't get and can't fathom is talking junk about a living Lakers legend on a Laker forum. It's like I get it you don't like Kobe but if that's true why doing you keep posting in every thread about him?

I'm going to enjoy this year like no other. Knowing that this could be his last year, nobody is going to let a bad shot, bad game or even a bad month from Kobe take away my pleasure and enjoyment from watching one of the greatest players to ever play this game play his final games. Enjoy the season laker fans, we were and still are truly blessed to watch him play.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 19 of 26
Jump to: