do you guys still consider kobe to be "Good"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
heineken wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:
It's actually Kobe haters worst nightmare to see Kobe playing good enough to remain elite, while at the same time allowing the young players space to flourish and develope. Sort of like cockroaches when you turn lights these folks at ESPN and LG will eventually run and hide until Kobe does something they don't like. Of course they'll be more than happy to pounce on a bad performance, even if they have to pull a play from a pre season game that they didn't even watch, from the wrong game no less!!

It seems like he stole their lunch money. Yet they follow from thread to thread to make sure no one over states his value or worth. Like they are salivating for the day he retires. What I don't get and can't fathom is talking junk about a living Lakers legend on a Laker forum. It's like I get it you don't like Kobe but if that's true why doing you keep posting in every thread about him?

I'm going to enjoy this year like no other. Knowing that this could be his last year, nobody is going to let a bad shot, bad game or even a bad month from Kobe take away my pleasure and enjoyment from watching one of the greatest players to ever play this game play his final games. Enjoy the season laker fans, we were and still are truly blessed to watch him play.

Thanks for posting guys. I hope more of you chime in in our threads. i also feel the threads quickly get overwhelmed by the not-so-impressed-by-kobe crowd and tend to shut the kobe supporters up. Keep posting please. I mean, geez, it's a laker forum, shouldn't we be enthusiastic about the best Laker ever?? (<-- Magic said so, not me...but I agree).
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
golaker wrote:
heineken wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:
It's actually Kobe haters worst nightmare to see Kobe playing good enough to remain elite, while at the same time allowing the young players space to flourish and develope. Sort of like cockroaches when you turn lights these folks at ESPN and LG will eventually run and hide until Kobe does something they don't like. Of course they'll be more than happy to pounce on a bad performance, even if they have to pull a play from a pre season game that they didn't even watch, from the wrong game no less!!

It seems like he stole their lunch money. Yet they follow from thread to thread to make sure no one over states his value or worth. Like they are salivating for the day he retires. What I don't get and can't fathom is talking junk about a living Lakers legend on a Laker forum. It's like I get it you don't like Kobe but if that's true why doing you keep posting in every thread about him?

I'm going to enjoy this year like no other. Knowing that this could be his last year, nobody is going to let a bad shot, bad game or even a bad month from Kobe take away my pleasure and enjoyment from watching one of the greatest players to ever play this game play his final games. Enjoy the season laker fans, we were and still are truly blessed to watch him play.

Thanks for posting guys. I hope more of you chime in in our threads. i also feel the threads quickly get overwhelmed by the not-so-impressed-by-kobe crowd and tend to shut the kobe supporters up. Keep posting please. I mean, geez, it's a laker forum, shouldn't we be enthusiastic about the best Laker ever?? (<-- Magic said so, not me...but I agree).

Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
golaker wrote:
heineken wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

This. And for the record, we had a 36 year old player, post Achilles tear leading the league in ppg last year, for a while. That in itself is a huge feat, and testifies to how great he has been. No one is saying he's MVP level at this stage but he's still damn good.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
golaker wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
golaker wrote:
heineken wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

This. And for the record, we had a 36 year old player, post Achilles tear leading the league in ppg last year, for a while. That in itself is a huge feat, and testifies to how great he has been. No one is saying he's MVP level at this stage but he's still damn good.

Exactly. Well said.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject:

He may not be able to play one on two one on three. He may not be able to carry the team's offense by his own. He may be too slow when play with MWP and Fisher. But he is still damn good, especially we give him a 7'2" all star center and 3 all star caliber young players who could run the floor, defense and score. I really like the scoring talent, the mix of this squad and the decision to move Kobe to 3. It is exactly what Kobe needs at this stage of his career. I expect a good year from Kobe
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
golaker wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
golaker wrote:
heineken wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

While true.. he was wildly inefficient though. He was shooting like 30 times to get 30 points.

I'm excited that theres like, 3 other ball handlers in the starting line-up. I feel more comfortable with Kobe shooting 30 shots (I seriously hope he doesn't) off of catch and shoot than Kobe shooting 30 shots while handling the ball and exerting so much energy to create something.

If he stays healthy this year for the most part.. I can *easily* see the Lakers making a splash in free agency and having Kobe stick around for another year or two.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

^yeah, I'm hoping he's shooting around 15-18 times on average this year. Hopefully Randle, clarkson, Lou and others can help carry the scoring load.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Kobe has looked better physically to me than he did last year. I think the time to rehab the shoulder injury did his legs some good. I'm feeling better about his chances to go out with dignity if this is his final season, or stay longer if that's what he wants.
Kenji
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
While true.. he was wildly inefficient though. He was shooting like 30 times to get 30 points.

I'm excited that theres like, 3 other ball handlers in the starting line-up. I feel more comfortable with Kobe shooting 30 shots (I seriously hope he doesn't) off of catch and shoot than Kobe shooting 30 shots while handling the ball and exerting so much energy to create something.

If he stays healthy this year for the most part.. I can *easily* see the Lakers making a splash in free agency and having Kobe stick around for another year or two.

As long as they're GOOD shots, like a wid eopen catch and shoot, Kobe can take as many shots as he wants
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject:

I like the fact that Kobe has gotten a number of good looks catching and shooting off of other actions.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject:

This year, he will
- play with an all star center again
- play with a true playmaking guard, which never happened in his career
- play with an athletic guard who can run fast break, get into the plaint and create his own shot
- play with someone who can carry the scoring load of the team
- last but not least, other 4 starters are very capable to play as group and create for him.

Let's see what he would be
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
I like the fact that Kobe has gotten a number of good looks catching and shooting off of other actions.

Yesterday was the first glimpse we ever saw of Kobe playing the (as predicted) spot up shooter role. I mean, why not? What better way to play the old man role for him? Can't wait to see it vs actual NBA teams. I'm mostly curious about how he will do with the faster closeouts and stronger defenses. But I really feel the spot up role will be great for him. That, plus the baseline post-up turnaround to a lesser degree. And an even lesser degree, the screen-elbow jumper. These are the three plays I'm keeping my eye on.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Is Kobe becoming like Paul Pierce now?
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Kobe is still a starter, so no.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

random thought...as much as i have to dislike Pierce, I love when he said "that's why I'm here" after the buzzer beaters in the playoffs last season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He's ceded the ball to DLO/Clarkson. It will come soon enough.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
^ What channel were you watching?

Because Kobe wasn't even the best shooter on most of his teams, let alone of all-time.

Scorer? One of the greats.

Stumbled upon this video.

Tony Allen, one of the greatest NBA defenders, calling Kobe Bryant a great shooter, how the entire celtics locker room was talking about "how does Kobe make those shots? He must practice even the difficult shots", and saying Kobe was a "greater shooter than any of those guys" (and then says Lebron, Wade and those guys, meaning the other top players)

Honestly, I think if I could take you to an arena and have you say to a players face that Kobe was a "good or average shooter", they would slap you right in the face.

Starts at 1:20 if you want to get right to the good stuff
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KjLLZfezQHI
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I find it hard to believe he'll accept a bench role. I don't think he's ever needed to be as ball dominant as people made him out to be though. He just had to be that way due to the quality of his teammates. With Dlo and Clarkson, he can just sit back and get to his spots while they set him up and at the same time run the offense. For example, I think Kobe and CP3 would have worked perfectly together and the way he is playing now kind of proves it. But for him to come off the bench is I think too much of an ego knock down. Even old ass Tim Duncan is still starting lol.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I find it hard to believe he'll accept a bench role. I don't think he's ever needed to be as ball dominant as people made him out to be though. He just had to be that way due to the quality of his teammates. With Dlo and Clarkson, he can just sit back and get to his spots while they set him up and at the same time run the offense. For example, I think Kobe and CP3 would have worked perfectly together and the way he is playing now kind of proves it. But for him to come off the bench is I think too much of an ego knock down. Even old ass Tim Duncan is still starting lol.

Oh I'm no talking about the bench role but overall role. I'm very happy with this Kobe given his age and durability issues. This is hopefully that final evolution I've been hoping to see for a few years. Looks great so far!
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Oh I'm no talking about the bench role but overall role. I'm very happy with this Kobe given his age and durability issues. This is hopefully that final evolution I've been hoping to see for a few years. Looks great so far!

Totally agree.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

random thought...as much as i have to dislike Pierce, I love when he said "that's why I'm here" after the buzzer beaters in the playoffs last season.

so he was being paid to hit a couple shots... lol
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Because Kobe wasn't even the best shooter on most of his teams, let alone of all-time.

Tony Allen, one of the greatest NBA defenders, calling Kobe Bryant a great shooter, how the entire celtics locker room was talking about "how does Kobe make those shots? He must practice even the difficult shots", and saying Kobe was a "greater shooter than any of those guys" (and then says Lebron, Wade and those guys, meaning the other top players)

Honestly, I think if I could take you to an arena and have you say to a players face that Kobe was a "good or average shooter", they would slap you right in the face.

Thanks for posting this clip, props
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

You're welcome. The players and scouts know the deal.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Well people tend to equate a good shooter with high percentages. They more often than not forget that Steve Kerr drilling wide open threes while the other has to put them up with three guys hanging off his back isn't quite the same scenario. That's not to say that KB is a better shooter (he obviously isn't), but that the situations in which they hit their shots are quite dissimilar.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
golaker wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Well people tend to equate a good shooter with high percentages. They more often than not forget that Steve Kerr drilling wide open threes while the other has to put them up with three guys hanging off his back isn't quite the same scenario. That's not to say that KB is a better shooter (he obviously isn't), but that the situations in which they hit their shots are quite dissimilar.

There's some good info on page 13 waiting for you.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 20 of 26
Jump to: