Official Season Long Crow Eating Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject:

Uncle Drew.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject:

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Jordan Clarkson will lead the team in overall FGA's.

That means one of us will definitely be eating crow.

Well, unless, Kobe and Clarkson finish with the exact same FGA, then maybe we'd both be off the hook =)
I'm with him. I'm calling it now. Clarkson is going to be so improved, it won't make sense to stop him from shooting. He will lead the team in field goal attempts. Hopefully I'm right, because low quality crow in my neighborhood doesn't taste very good.

I actually want to see this happen.

But I'm still skeptical. Kobe dominated the ball with Nash, Howard, Pau, MWP around him. Now he has a couple of rookies, a second year guy and MWP and suddenly he's going to take a step back and let someone else run the show? Kobe's way too Byron Scott old school for that. (But I'll eat crow if I'm wrong!)

I'm still not buying it but I'm hoping for it believe me. I'm ready for the youth movement. It's no fun watching some old dude at the park trying to relive his younger days.

It's crazy to think about but if that was to happen, and not by way of injury to Kobe, but, because Kobe willingly deferred to someone else, it would be the first time he's ever willingly deferred to someone else. That's why I think it's not going to happen.

Yeah umm...? Did you watch that season? Kobe needed to dominate the ball. Nash was horrible and we had like below a .250 win percent with him handling the ball and facilitating. When Kobe took over the facilitating role we won at a .650 clip and had the leagues 3rd best record after the AS break. Dwight was also bad, he showed super poor post scoring ability and lead the league in TOs per touch.

When has Kobe never "needed" to dominate the ball? Can you point to any season in particular?

Umm yeah, "when" was described above^. Kobe needed to be the main scorer and facilitator for the team to compete that season and he pushed us into the playoffs. Read that again. As far as his career, being a main option the majority of the time, perhaps saying dominate is too strong, worked out quite well.

Described above?

So, you're saying after the all-star break in 2012-2013, Kobe did not NEED to dominate the ball???? What the.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Dont like crow, I prefer chicken
Then be right.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject:

In before this thread starts blowing up .
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official Season Long Crow Eating Thread

lakersboy wrote:
We all post things that can't be proven until time passes. Often people say negative things about a player and then say "I hope I'm wrong." Here's a thread we could come back to throughout the season to see which players are above, at, or below expectations. It will allow us to rib each other in a good natured way, give players their props, and we can man (woman ) up if predictions were off. Below are some things people have said or extra things I added. It would be awesome motivation for players to hear about this.

The Lakers won't
a) win much more than they did last year
b) make the playoffs

Kobe isn't good enough to make a difference anymore, proved he can't shoot /play D.

Clarkson is average at best, should be Kobe's backup, is overrated by Lakers' fans, isn't a good passer, shooter, doesn't pass.

Randle is nothing special, can't shoot, won't rebound /play defense, shouldn't be starting, should be traded, only cares about offense/himself.

Russell will be a bust, is too slow, too weak, can't dribble, never should have come to L.A., is Kendall Marshall 2.0

Nance Jr. shouldn't have been a 1st Rd pick, will never be good enough to start, can't shoot to save his life, belongs in the D League, can't stop anyone on D.

Hibbert is too slow to make a difference, should never be fed the ball to score, is a waste of time, his best years are behind him.

Bass won't make a difference, he's just filler.

LWilliams is not worth the money they gave him, only scored last year because someone had to, is a low % shooter who won't make them any better than Young did last year.

ABrown is too skinny, weak, small to make the rotation, his shooting is nothing special.

JBrown is a ball hog, belongs overseas, can't get his own shot, will never get off the bench, is too slow, plays no D.

Upshaw shouldn't be on the team, won't get off the bench, won't make it through the season, won't excel at this level, won't be part of the roster, is incapable of scoring, proved he isn't very good, won't contribute to a winning season this year.

Black is filler until they can get a better player, is too small, too slow, a tweener.

Kelly is a waste of time.

Sacre should change his name to Suckre.

After 3 games, it could be time to start get some forks and knives ready.

Let the crow eating begin. It's still early, and I've cautioned people about judging too soon, yet, I admited to being very optomistic about all the rookies without having as much information/having seen them play, as I needed.

I admit that Anthony Brown may not be able to contribute like I hoped/thought he possibly could. I had no idea Metta would make the team (though his outside shot was off in Ontario, even during warmups). Now, the best sense I get about Brown is that he may be spending a significant amount of time in the D-league. He's got a reputation as a shooter but needs to hang his hat on something else since he's slight and 6' 5".
ainsley
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject:

ainsley wrote:
I'll eat crow if Kobe starts playing more off the ball and letting Jordan and D'lo run the team

Looks like I'm gonna be eating crow. Outside of a couple heat check shots he's really been picking his spots well in the offense and trying to get all the new guys involved.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject:

ainsley wrote:
ainsley wrote:
I'll eat crow if Kobe starts playing more off the ball and letting Jordan and D'lo run the team

Looks like I'm gonna be eating crow. Outside of a couple heat check shots he's really been picking his spots well in the offense and trying to get all the new guys involved.

Oh, you originally meant just one time?

I thought you meant over the course of a season with your original post.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ainsley wrote:
ainsley wrote:

Oh, you originally meant just one time?

I thought you meant over the course of a season with your original post.
I didn't get the impression that Kobe was holding back and trying something different for the short term.

There will be plenty of times this season when Kobe isn't on the floor and I get a sense that what we've seen so far is the way it's going to be. This team is capable of doing a variety of things offensively with a variety of players being involved.

I have no problem with Kobe having the ball and doing whatever he needs to, but one thing I've noticed is that he doesn't have the speed to blow by anyone anymore. He has to shake, bake, twist, turn, and go up and under to get past defenders now. Therefore, he wouldn't be a good candidate to dominate the ball offensively.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject:

I will happily eat crow if Lou Williams ends up being a net positive for the team. I'm not sure by what metric I'll measure this, but it should be possible to figure out with some advanced stats.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:
I will happily eat crow if Lou Williams ends up being a net positive for the team. I'm not sure by what metric I'll measure this, but it should be possible to figure out with some advanced stats.
People have said in other threads that Young and Williams are redundant but as I watch it's clear that Young doesn't have the foot speed to get past his man very often, while Williams can either shoot over guys or go around them. If he plays with Russell or Huertas, I think he will maximize his potential as a shooter. Just like Kobe, it's going to be better for him if he's not controlling the offense so he can get more uncontested shots.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject:

I'll eat crow with some sauce if we make the playoffs
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I'll eat crow with some sauce if we make the playoffs
I believe this team is misjudged, underrated, difficult to accurately evaluate, and very well balanced with the right pieces. They will be in the playoffs if the key guys in the rotation stay healthy.

I watched the Wolves, a team people say has so much more talent than the Lakers, and they look far from ready.

The Lakers just look like they need a true pg on the floor directing things instead of Williams. It will look like like the difference between night and day when that happens now.

Bass and Randle will be very good compliments to each other when one of them comes out of the game.

If MWP plugs into the sf spot, it plugs the hole behind Kobe.

I expect Nance Jr to figure out where he fits and bring major energy and hustle like we haven't seen in many years, if ever before.

Upshaw will take small steps as a backup and will be invaluable by the end of the season.

Roy is going to have a strong season and make Indy regret giving him away.

This team has a great balance of talent, and with a strategic trade, could be even better.

Translation: A winning season and a playoff team.

Last edited by lakersboy on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject:

I'll eat crow if Nick Young becomes a positive for this team other than getting traded/released.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
I'll eat crow if Nick Young becomes a positive for this team other than getting traded/released.
I'm not a big fan of his constant clown act. I'd like to see him bring the same thing to the table that J.R. Smith did for Cleveland last year.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject:

If there's a silver lining to this season, my diet will be devoid of crow. Phew I guess.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Funny thing is, I wouldn't have traded him this offseason. But I would now.
He's such a volatile player, sell high (whenever you can).
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Damn I was so wrong about Kobe's mentality. I'll eat crow with a side of top 3 draft pick please
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Damn I was so wrong about Kobe's mentality. I'll eat crow with a side of top 3 draft pick please
QFT
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
I'll eat crow if Byron gets them in an offense with good ball movement and spacing, a defense that closes off the paint and closes out on three point shooters, and/or a top 10 finish in either category.

Safe to say that crow is not going to be on the dinner plate anytime soon.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: