KD or Harrison Barnes

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: KD or Harrison Barnes

The Lakers believe they have their three guard lineup set with DLO, Clarkson and Lou. Young and Brown should be solid swing backup players. Randle, Bass and Nance, if Randle is what he should be, will be solid at PF. Hibbert is playing for a contact and maybe he earns one long term with the Lakers. Hey, you still need a big man and despite some flaws he is an above average center. Upshaw and Black seem like solid backup material. This really makes SF the only position of need. Obviously if you sign KD you start competing for titles. With Barnes you are back in the playoffs, but are you a title contender? So, if we don't get KD, how much would you throw at Barnes? Max money? And if we do does GS match? Interesting questions.

Last edited by ericp6387 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: KD or Harrison Barnes

ericp6387 wrote:
The Lakers believe they have their three guard lineup set with DLO, Clarkson and Lou. Young and Brown should be solid swing backup players. Randle, Bass and Nance, if Randle is what he should be, will fine. Hibbert is playing for a contact and maybe he earns one long term with the Lakers. Hey, you still need a big man and despite some flaws he is an above average center. Upshaw and Black seem like solid backup material. This really makes SF the only position of need. Obviously if you sign KD you start competing for titles. With Barnes you are back in the playoffs, but are you a title contender. So, if we don't get KD, how much would you throw at Barnes? Max money? And if we do does GS match? Interesting questions.

Warriors are in a bit of situation as if they give Barnes a lot of $ this year, won't have enough next year (without basically unloading Iggy/Bogut) to be in the Durant sweepstakes.

However, he's a RFA so by the time KD makes a decision, Warriors will know what the market is and keep him. I think it's 99.9% he stays a Warrior.

So the best would be Durant, or, we have a better chance of getting him (which I have around 5-10% chance).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject:

max and GS will match IMO
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Yup, we can max, but KD will make his decision quickly and then they will keep Barnes, regardless of price IMO.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject:

Actually, I don't think Barnes every hits the free agent market. I think he'll sign an extension before the Oct 31st deadline. As for KD, I think he stays in OKC.

That leaves Batum as an option, and I know others won't like it, but it probably leaves DeRozan as an option, IMO.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Yup, we can max, but KD will make his decision quickly and then they will keep Barnes, regardless of price IMO.
yessir

Like Bill said, our choices will likely come down to Derozan or Batum. My initial vote is for Batum but we'll see how the year plays out
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

yessir

Like Bill said, our choices will likely come down to Derozan or Batum. My initial vote is for Batum but we'll see how the year plays out

Toronto/DRoz not even negotiating an extension. I think Ujiri may want to go a different direction. I personally think DRoz will have a good year (22/5/5 with slightly improved 3%).

Batum, not sure he stays in Charlotte. But I expect him to have a better year and improve his stock.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: KD or Harrison Barnes

ericp6387 wrote:
The Lakers believe they have their three guard lineup set with DLO, Clarkson and Lou. Young and Brown should be solid swing backup players. Randle, Bass and Nance, if Randle is what he should be, will be solid at PF. Hibbert is playing for a contact and maybe he earns one long term with the Lakers. Hey, you still need a big man and despite some flaws he is an above average center. Upshaw and Black seem like solid backup material. This really makes SF the only position of need. Obviously if you sign KD you start competing for titles. With Barnes you are back in the playoffs, but are you a title contender? So, if we don't get KD, how much would you throw at Barnes? Max money? And if we do does GS match? Interesting questions.

I think you have to see how the season plays out before you can assume we'll resign Hibbert or predict what future roles Randle, Clarkson and Russell will have. I dont anything is set in stone.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Harrison Barnes kicked Kobe, causing his achilles tendon to rupture. No thanks.

Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject:

I would max Barnes
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject:

Barnes was great in Iowa but he's been awkward in the NBA. KD needs a new bionic leg. There is really no comparison between the two players. One is an All star the other is a roll player. Also I think KD is OKC for his whole career he seems very happy in that market.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: