Bynum right now can play better than Kwame
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saidodeh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Bynum right now can play better than Kwame

there. I said it. Kwame is horrible! I say give Bynum 15 mpg for 3 or 4 games. lets see what he can do. i think the kid can give the Lakers 5 and 5 with no problem. Kwame doesnt need a trainer or a basketball coach....... he needs a psychiatrist who can treat him for his horrible case of un-motivation when playing basketball.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Shut up. .
senator kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject:

jminges wrote:
Shut up. .

I try not to be rude to anyone around here, but seriously... what he said.
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Bynum right now can play better than Kwame

saidodeh wrote:
there. I said it. Kwame is horrible! I say give Bynum 15 mpg for 3 or 4 games. lets see what he can do. i think the kid can give the Lakers 5 and 5 with no problem. Kwame doesnt need a trainer or a basketball coach....... he needs a psychiatrist who can treat him for his horrible case of un-motivation when playing basketball.

My 9 year old daughter is a better judge of NBA talent than you right now. There, I said it.
saidodeh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:

ok thinking rationally, how can you say he is a good player?
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:

For some reason, Kwame's quite immune to any kind of criticism here...
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Bynum does show tiny glimpses of greatness right now, but thats about all. I like the kid. He has alot of fire under his arss. But he is still in a learning phase. He will have his time in the league. Hopefully soon right? But for now, Phil is doing whats best for this team.
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject:

I'm a critic of the Laker's drafting of Bynum.

But I have to call it as I see it.

Bynum can play better than Kwame.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Whoa ....

I didn't think you guys would be so harsh on this. Wait - Since it isn't LO - I should expect this.

While Bynum isn't "solid" yet - he is showing more skills on both ends than Kwame is.

More important - he is showing hunger to become good.

I wouldn't say Bynum should start over Kwame, I would easily decrease Kwame's minutes by 10 per and give those to Bynum.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:

saidodeh wrote:

His offensive game is just that; offensive. However, that is not the job the staff has set for him. His job is to be one of the best post defenders in the league and he is exactly that. His rebounding should improve a bit. He has the potential to become a Ben Wallce type player and his post defense is already superior to Big Ben's. Andrew should become one of the league's most dominant big men on either side of the ball, but not at this point in time. His game needs a lot of refinement before he is truly ready to contribute to the team. At this point Kwame is the superior player. Defensively, it is not even close, as Kwame's base strength is remarkable and he can not be moved off of the block by anyone in the league.
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject:

I dont know if we should start Bynum, but I do know Kwame doesnt deserve to start (just yet, maybe he will turn around by next season).
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject:

K8KillerInstinct wrote:
I dont know if we should start Bynum, but I do know Kwame doesnt deserve to start (just yet, maybe he will turn around by next season).

You better call Phil with the news, they have a game tonight and I would hate to see him do something so stupid as starting Kwame when you have clearly stated that he shouldn't.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject:

There's this little known skill called Defense. Some fans think it's a myth, some place its value near "fine pewter". But that's why Kwame is starting.

Bynum will excell at it, but he's still being taught the basics.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject:

PrplReign wrote:
saidodeh wrote:

His offensive game is just that; offensive. However, that is not the job the staff has set for him. His job is to be one of the best post defenders in the league and he is exactly that. His rebounding should improve a bit. He has the potential to become a Ben Wallce type player and his post defense is already superior to Big Ben's. Andrew should become one of the league's most dominant big men on either side of the ball, but not at this point in time. His game needs a lot of refinement before he is truly ready to contribute to the team. At this point Kwame is the superior player. Defensively, it is not even close, as Kwame's base strength is remarkable and he can not be moved off of the block by anyone in the league.

Bynum also needs to get stronger. He can be moved out of defensive and rebounding positions by other FC players. Also, the more minutes we give him, the more scouting other teams can do to develop answers to his game. Right now he is a bit of a mystery.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject:

bynum is not ready for the start yet. he is being brought in slow nicely by phil. i would increase his minutes though.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject:

I understand why Bynum isnt playing this year. I dont like it because I always believe in learning by playing. But I'll tell you what, if bynum isnt getting at least 20 min a game next year, I will be very pissed...
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

While Bynum isn't "solid" yet - he is showing more skills on both ends than Kwame is.

What an accomplishment !

He'll be better than Kwame in 2 years, Ronny will too
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject:

jminges wrote:
Shut up. .

Are you our poor hands PF?

Serious, it's not very far from the truth...unfortunately
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
bynum is not ready for the start yet. he is being brought in slow nicely by phil. i would increase his minutes though.

Sky wrote:
If limiting Bynum's play doesn't damage LA's chances for getting the 6th seed, best to stay with the path he is on now. Keeps him fresh and confident for when they'll really need him in April. Don't let teams get a long look at him and then spring Bynum on clubs late when the victories are critical.

Tayshaun was nearly invisible his rookie regular season and then had a coming out party in the playoffs. It's my hope Jackson is using Bynum the same way. There's no need to give Bynum more minutes now to prove he has great talent, we know he has it so do the coaches. Affirmation is fun for fans, but is it truly necessary? Slowly build him up to 10 mpg by late March. Keep his confidence high, his legs fresh, his heart hungry, and ramp him up so that he'll be ready when they need him most.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bynum right now can play better than Kwame

saidodeh wrote:

Spoken like a fan who gives no thought to DEFENSE.

Kwame is an absolutely superb man defender, night in and night out. He may suck offensively, but we all know what wins championships. Otherwise, Mo Taylor for the Knicks would be better regarded. However, since he can't defend anyone, all he gets is criticized.

Look, I LOVE Bynum as much as the next guy, but he's not ready yet. He can contribute here and there in the right situations, but we need Kwame's defense out there.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:

jminges wrote:
da ocho wrote:

Sky wrote:
If limiting Bynum's play doesn't damage LA's chances for getting the 6th seed, best to stay with the path he is on now. Keeps him fresh and confident for when they'll really need him in April. Don't let teams get a long look at him and then spring Bynum on clubs late when the victories are critical.

Tayshaun was nearly invisible his rookie regular season and then had a coming out party in the playoffs. It's my hope Jackson is using Bynum the same way. There's no need to give Bynum more minutes now to prove he has great talent, we know he has it so do the coaches. Affirmation is fun for fans, but is it truly necessary? Slowly build him up to 10 mpg by late March. Keep his confidence high, his legs fresh, his heart hungry, and ramp him up so that he'll be ready when they need him most.

Excellent.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject:

62 wrote:
For some reason, Kwame's quite immune to any kind of criticism here...

LMAO
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Kwame looked lost at times. Bynum also looked lost at times. Kareem has a lot of work to do in practice.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

sorry, i agree with the title of this thread 100% after watching Kwame get lost time and time again on D tonight...no effort whatsoever.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Bynum right now can play better than Kwame

LakerJam wrote:
saidodeh wrote:

Spoken like a fan who gives no thought to DEFENSE.

Kwame is an absolutely superb man defender, night in and night out. He may suck offensively, but we all know what wins championships. Otherwise, Mo Taylor for the Knicks would be better regarded. However, since he can't defend anyone, all he gets is criticized.

Look, I LOVE Bynum as much as the next guy, but he's not ready yet. He can contribute here and there in the right situations, but we need Kwame's defense out there.

While I agree with the sentiment, I think superb is quite an embellishment. Kwame has played pretty good defense all season, much better than what the team got last season. And as for his mental state, reversing all the abuse he suffered from MJ and Collins in Washington will likely take more than half a season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: