IDK about u but I am pumped up about this season!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: IDK about u but I am pumped up about this season!!!

Just some thoughts:

-Kobe is humble
-Russell I'm thinking could be at least 15-5-8-1.5 this season no problem (this is phenomenal stats, let alone rookie stats)
-Clarkson is an awesome slasher, but imagine him with an improved jumper? Remember the season DFish dramatically became a great three point shooter? If he improves his three point shooting then look out...
-After these two dudes, everything else is icing on the cake
-Randle could break out to 15-10 guy
-Kobe wants to go out on a great note. I have been preaching moving him to the three for years, now he finally makes the move. Think energy conservation on both offense and defense. Dude still might get 25-26 per night.
-Bass/Metta= big body, solid d, solid vet leadership
-Young, open shots all day, if he messes up then somebody like Brown, Brown or a Frazier gets a shot or maybe Metta regains his shot.
-Hibbert/Upshaw might get 5 blocks per game and double digits altered shots between the two of them.
-Great teams usually have 3 great defenders. Well, on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the best, I give Hibbs 5, Upshaw 5, Metta 4, Bass 4, Russell 3 and JC 3 with maybe potential to be a 4, especially Russell who will get a lot of steals, Kobe at his best was a 5, but now a 3, Huertos a 2, Young a 2, Brown a 3 but with potential to be a Tay Prince type 4-5 star defender, we will see.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Damn, I left out Nance, who might end up being a better defender then all these guys.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Damn, I left out Nance, who might end up being a better defender then all these guys.

Every time I hear his name I think of this. (language)

Seriously though, I agree with you. I'm pumped as well.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject:

I am also very excited for this season. Cheerio matey.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Pumped!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Pumped? IM FREAKING ECSTATIC! IM HYPED AS (bleep)! I HAVEN'T BEEN THIS EXCITED WATCHING A LAKERS TEAM IN THE LAST 5 YEARS!

It's the beginning of a new era! A new dynasty! A year where we get to witness the start of the future stars!

NBA 2K16 got me even more pumped too. DeAngelo Russell is a freaking BEAST in the game! (Although Jordan Clarkson's inside rating should be higher )

In any case, no matter what record we end up with, as long as this team can stay healthy for the most part, this team will be fun to watch. Especially compared to the (bleep) show we have been given the last few years (with Clarkson pretty much being the only highlight of those years).
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject:

First season I've been excited about in three years. Gonna be fun to watch these young guns grow.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject:

I have been pumped about every new season since the 1971-72 season. I always think it's going to be a great season. This year is no different. A little extra fun this season with some exciting rooks and brand new acquisitions.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject:

No Ronnie Price!!!! Byron loved him
ainsley
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm super hyped! In a lot of ways this season will be even more fun than when we were contending. We have enough young talent that I can just sit back and watch the rooks develop without stressing out over wins, losses, and playoff seeding
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject:

How not to be pumped. Should be interesting.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: IDK about u but I am pumped up about this season!!!

scoobs wrote:
Just some thoughts:

-Kobe is humble
-Russell I'm thinking could be at least 15-5-8-1.5 this season no problem (this is phenomenal stats, let alone rookie stats)
-Clarkson is an awesome slasher, but imagine him with an improved jumper? Remember the season DFish dramatically became a great three point shooter? If he improves his three point shooting then look out...
-After these two dudes, everything else is icing on the cake
-Randle could break out to 15-10 guy
-Kobe wants to go out on a great note. I have been preaching moving him to the three for years, now he finally makes the move. Think energy conservation on both offense and defense. Dude still might get 25-26 per night.
-Bass/Metta= big body, solid d, solid vet leadership
-Young, open shots all day, if he messes up then somebody like Brown, Brown or a Frazier gets a shot or maybe Metta regains his shot.
-Hibbert/Upshaw might get 5 blocks per game and double digits altered shots between the two of them.
-Great teams usually have 3 great defenders. Well, on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the best, I give Hibbs 5, Upshaw 5, Metta 4, Bass 4, Russell 3 and JC 3 with maybe potential to be a 4, especially Russell who will get a lot of steals, Kobe at his best was a 5, but now a 3, Huertos a 2, Young a 2, Brown a 3 but with potential to be a Tay Prince type 4-5 star defender, we will see.

I don't put as much pressure on the rookies as you do. I am not expecting 15-10 from Randle or 8 assists from Russell. They'd have to come out of the box full speed to do that for the year, and I expect some growing pains. I just want to see good progress by the end of the season. So if they are putting up those numbers by February, great, I am not expecting that in November or December.

I'll be interested to see how Clarkson progresses and if Upshaw makes the team.

Beyond that, I'd just like to say Kobe stay healthy, and Hibbert to have his head on straight.

So I see this as more of a transitional season where I want players to grow; not expecting some amazing transformation of the whole team.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject:

3.5 minutes of Hawaii practice footage !! (link)

I completely agree scoobs

I think part of it is that this I like every player on this year's team! (The only one I don't necessarily like but don't dislike either is Holmes but that's because I have no idea who he is)

Compare that to last year, where we had all these players who just did not deserve to be lakers! Lin, Ellington, Hill!

I think part of it is that all the significant new players we got, we got on multi-year contracts. So there is no reason for them to play for themselves, and instead they play for the team!

I am excited. go Lakers!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject:

Ahhh the offseason. Where all teams have the exact same record =)

I'm excited too. Not because I expect a ton of wins, but I'm excited to see our young nucleus grow, and the veteran leaders we do have mentor them.
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

I am very excited. The goal is to compete for that 8th spot and to have a team that is clearly on the upswing to entice KD.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject:

I'm taking the wait and see approach. I've been burned to many times thinking we have something here. Bottom line there a huge learning curve with rookies and the vets we have are not enough to carry the load. I'm hoping for the best.
singlecamVTEC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject:

Excited for the upcoming season as well.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

I think part of it is that this I like every player on this year's team! (The only one I don't necessarily like but don't dislike either is Holmes but that's because I have no idea who he is)

Compare that to last year, where we had all these players who just did not deserve to be lakers! Lin, Ellington, Hill!

I think part of it is that all the significant new players we got, we got on multi-year contracts. So there is no reason for them to play for themselves, and instead they play for the team!

I am excited. go Lakers!

Fun watch Chron

Worthy putting in some work with the bigs. That's good to see.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject:

Yep, I always get pumped up in October.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

I am excited. go Lakers!
Chron, thanks for the video. Ryan Kelly looks like be bulked up. Randle looks ripped.
chickenstew
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject:

Agreed .. first time in recent years I'm geeked up. while I didn't agree with our #1 draft choice, ( Hibbert, Randall, Okafor would have been real good ) The team FINALLY made significant off seasons moves. Should be very interesting to see how Kobe plays.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

And, I'm geeked for the same reason that most everyone else has already expressed.

I fully expect for the Lakers to be a playoff contender, but even falling short of that, the young players will be exciting/intriguing to watch grow throughout the season, and seeing how the Lakers move forward into the future!

ZOOM!!!
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

chickenstew wrote:
Agreed .. first time in recent years I'm geeked up. while I didn't agree with our #1 draft choice, ( Hibbert, Randall, Okafor would have been real good ) The team FINALLY made significant off seasons moves. Should be very interesting to see how Kobe plays.

Are you gonna go to one of the Hawaii games ?
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Kobe at the 3 really makes a lot of sense. With the league going smaller, Kobe has plenty of size for the 3 spot and he will have to expend a lot less energy on D. In addition, Kobe has superior footwork I would like to see him post up a lot from the 3 spot.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
I have been pumped about every new season since the 1971-72 season. I always think it's going to be a great season. This year is no different. A little extra fun this season with some exciting rooks and brand new acquisitions.

Pretty much. Last season hurt. I was excited because we were going to get to see Randle develop and Clarkson I followed closely because he went to my school. Then game 1 and Randle goes down.

Definitely very pumped to watched the rooks, new vets and, of course, Kobe in maybe the last season.

There's a lot of story lines...which I need to fuel my game recap energy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: