Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splash1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Splash1 wrote:
I know what the end game is and so do others like me.

Go on...

Oh, you shut up.

BTW, how are you liking your rifle?
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Splash1 wrote:
C M B wrote:
Splash1 wrote:

Go on...

Oh, you shut up.

Pretty fun, accurate as hell. Took it to Mike Raahauge's and only got through about 25 rounds before my chest was tender.

So what's the end game?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject:

I've given up on any law or laws ever going into effect to help. 50 debates in the past just like the one in this thread have convinced me of that, as will the same debate next [week/month] when someone does the same thing and kills [5, 7, 9, 10, 20, 30].

So now I guess all I can hope is that parents will become convinced that if their son is considered mentally ill or just extremely strange by everyone else around them (and yes, that's a broad category and you know what, I'm okay if some parents unfairly label their own kid weird even if they're not), that they'll refrain from giving them an arsenal. Lanza's mom. This one's mom. So many others where the weapons came from home. When neighbors or friends look at your kid and think, oh yeah, that one, he's disturbed, wouldn't be surprised to see him shoot up a place someday, maybe don't provide him with the firepower to do just that.

But they'll find it on the black market! Fine, let them try; they can't figure out how to live on their own but, sure, maybe they can negotiate the illegal gun market and find a firearm. At least make it a little tougher for them, since the actual laws will apparently never change to do that.
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Upqua Campus NOT a Gun Free Zone

Hmmm, So there were students present with concealed guns that did nothing. Oops....

Read your article more carefully. It's claiming the campus as a whole isn't a gun free zone. However the building this shooting took place is. The victims were disarmed due to these safe gun free zones and the shooter knew it.
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject:

[quote="DaMuleRules"]
Lakers_2000 wrote:

Quote:
vs. being a (bleep) who thinks nobody should take personal responsibility for their own lives, I'll take the erectile dysfunction.

It says a lot for your lack of substance that you make such obvious attempts to put words in people's mouths they never said. Nothing that CL mentioned comes even close to that.

That's absolutely what she and many others of you are saying. When you condemn people owning guns in the home, condemn them carrying concealed, and defend gun free zones, you are in fact either restricting or discouraging people from taking basic steps to defend themselves. The reality is calling 911 and waiting for the police to get there is a great way to get killed in dangerous situations, particularly when there's an armed gunman who wants to kill as many people as possible.

Quote:

I really don't think many people wait for that these days. You guys are too busy trying to put on your cool looking cammo battle dress to respond in any timely fashion.

I'm not a cop so I don't know why you're addressing me as such. Though if you feel they don't respond timely enough, that should help you realize the flaw in your anti-gun arguments.

Quote:

I won't even get into the fact that all too often these days the cops who respond to citizens are actually the violent criminals who do the killing.

All the more reason you shouldn't outsource your security to the police. Take some responsibility for your own life.
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
http://www.businessinsider.com/canada-australia-japan-britain-gun-control-2013-1

I'll just leave this for the idiots out there saying more guns/less gun control = less mass shootings.

I guess it's not the gun after all.

http://pjmedia.com/blog/im-glad-that-i-dont-have-canadian-murder-rates-where-i-live/
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject:

Let's hear it for reasonable gun control.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/04/woman-fatally-stabbed-berlin-twp/28461361/

When Carol Bowne felt the threat of domestic violence, the petite hairdresser took steps to protect herself.

The Berlin Township woman got a restraining order against a former boyfriend, installed security cameras and an alarm system to her home and began the months-long process of obtaining a handgun, friends said.

But it wasn't enough.

Bowne, 39, was stabbed to death in the driveway of her Patton Avenue home on Wednesday night.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject:

And what would your response be to people murdered while carrying a gun, or in the home with the family gun?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
And what would your response be to people murdered while carrying a gun, or in the home with the family gun?

I don't know if this is relevant but I thought of it:

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject:

Lakers_2000 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Upqua Campus NOT a Gun Free Zone

Hmmm, So there were students present with concealed guns that did nothing. Oops....

Read your article more carefully. It's claiming the campus as a whole isn't a gun free zone. However the building this shooting took place is. The victims were disarmed due to these safe gun free zones and the shooter knew it.

I've reread the article 3 times and NOWHERE does it declare that the building where the shooting took place was a gun free building. Care to quote what you're using as reference?

Furthur the article presents an actual study (with linked data) conducted by Mother Jones which examines 62 mass shooting from 1983 to 2015 and not a single case includes evidence that the killer chose to target a place because it banned guns. Many of those mass shootings took place in areas where guns were permitted, but not a SINGLE one was stopped by armed civilians. Can you provide EVIDENCE which refutes the EVIDENCE provided in their actual study?

Mother Jones Mass Shootings Study
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

There is absolutely nothing that can be done to bring about a zero murder rate, even against those with guns. The idea is to bring it down as much as possible. I'm well aware that having a gun does not make me invincible. But, it does allow me to handle a lot more dangerous situations than I could if I didn't own or carry one.

If someone drops a nuclear bomb on my head, I will not survive it no matter how well I'm armed. But if two guys with knives want to mess with me, I have fair shot at defending myself. Even criminals with guns are often stopped by would-be victims with guns. Bad things can still happen to me, but being prepared brings down the odds.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Just like with the Tobacco industry, at some point there will be a law suit against the gun manufacturers that succeeds and bursts the dam. If you place monetary damages on the companies that literally profit from death, then common sense preventative measures will be more acceptable to thm. Unfortunately, that's more likely to happen before any meaningful action by Congress.

And, BTW, Bernie Sanders was one of the senators who voted to protect the gun manufacturers from lawsuits. Let that one sink in. That's how much of a stranglehold the NRA has on politicians.

Even amidst President Obama's passioned and eloquent remarks yesterday, his suggestion about a course of action essentially boiled down to "someone should do something about this."

Yep. I'm getting tired of seeing all the references to his comments as if he has taken some kind of stand. He's grandstanding and that is it.

I disagree. He has proposed specific legislation (you can argue its efficacy but not that he hasn't proposed it), and while I understand he is a politician, I believe he IS tired of having to give these statements over and over and having even the idea of small reforms blocked.

Obama's trying to get some reform bills passed. He's going against one of the largest, most powerfull lobbiest in Washington, the NRA. They have so many politicians in their pocket it's going to be a monumental, almost impossible effort to get guns laws that will make it harder to buy and own weapons passed.

Again the god almighty dollar takes precedence over citizen safety.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject:

Here is a more comprehensive study conducted by Stanford University. There have been 144 mass shootings since 1966. The overwhelming majority occur in areas outside of "Gun Free" zones.

Stanford Mass Shooting Study
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject:

Lakers_2000 wrote:
24 wrote:

There is absolutely nothing that can be done to bring about a zero murder rate, even against those with guns. The idea is to bring it down as much as possible. I'm well aware that having a gun does not make me invincible. But, it does allow me to handle a lot more dangerous situations than I could if I didn't own or carry one.

If someone drops a nuclear bomb on my head, I will not survive it no matter how well I'm armed. But if two guys with knives want to mess with me, I have fair shot at defending myself. Even criminals with guns are often stopped by would-be victims with guns. Bad things can still happen to me, but being prepared brings down the odds.

I believe a man in your profession knows rule #1, never bring a knife to a gun fight.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject:

It turns out the arsewipe was not killed in a shootout with police as originally reported. Apparently he shot himself:

Quote:

Gunman who killed nine people at Oregon college shot himself dead, examiners determine

Shooter Committed Suicide
RavishingRuWooba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
It turns out the arsewipe was not killed in a shootout with police as originally reported. Apparently he shot himself:

Quote:

Gunman who killed nine people at Oregon college shot himself dead, examiners determine

Blah, blah,

Fancy, "tic--tack, meeting, 'you,' here,.!.1,.2?,"
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:

So, despite all of those officers dressed in full battle gear ARMED TO THE TEETH WITH GUNS, the presence of all those guns in opposition to the shooter's weapon had nothing to do with ending the attack.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_2000 wrote:
If someone drops a nuclear bomb on my head,.

Come on dude, take responsibility for your own life.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:

So, despite all of those officers dressed in full battle gear ARMED TO THE TEETH WITH GUNS, the presence of all those guns in opposition to the shooter's weapon had nothing to do with ending the attack.

Ssssuuuuurrrreee. If the cops didn't show up he would have just killed himself at that moment just for the heck of it.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:

For the sake of accuracy, the timeline should be noted:

Zero Hour = Shooter Starts Rampage in Class

Within Seconds = Multiple calls to 911

6 Minute Mark = Officers Arrive on Campus

8 Minute Mark = Arsewipe kills himself

So this whole thing started and was over in about 8 minutes. I'd say that's a pretty rapid response time. And it would seem that the arsewipe killed himself pretty much immediately after spotting the cops. So all that lead they filled his body with was in essence just target practice on a corspe.

Amazingly nobody thought to take video. The next group that get's shot at really needs to up their game. The news stations would pay a lions ransom for the footage. We're due for our next mass shooting about the 1st week of December, so maybe the public will be a bit more savvy before then. These are Americans FFS. They're usually good at spotting a way to make a buck...

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_2000 wrote:
24 wrote:

If you are ambushed by an assailant with a weapon, you are dead whether you are armed or not.....
The element of surprise even catches the best soldiers off guard, just look at the numerous examples of our armed forces in action in an ambush. And these guys have the best weapons and body army US taxpayers can buy.
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

For the sake of accuracy, the timeline should be noted:

Zero Hour = Shooter Starts Rampage in Class

Within Seconds = Multiple calls to 911

6 Minute Mark = Officers Arrive on Campus

8 Minute Mark = Arsewipe kills himself

When seconds count, the police are minutes away.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Amazingly nobody thought to take video. The next group that get's shot at really needs to up their game. The news stations would pay a lions ransom for the footage. We're due for our next mass shooting about the 1st week of December, so maybe the public will be a bit more savvy before then. These are Americans FFS. They're usually good at spotting a way to make a buck.

As long as they don't shoot it portrait mode . . .
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Sheriff In Charge Of Oregon Massacre Probe Posted Sandy Hook Truther Video
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Splash1 wrote:
C M B wrote:
Splash1 wrote:

Go on...

Oh, you shut up.

Pretty fun, accurate as hell. Took it to Mike Raahauge's and only got through about 25 rounds before my chest was tender.

So what's the end game?

I guess there isn't an end game, then. You just wanted to sass a thread full of people saying this country has a gun problem.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10
Jump to: