How can I watch Laker games in TV with no cable?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: How can I watch Laker games in TV with no cable?

I heard League Pass on Apple TV is good but, I also heard that all Laker games are blacked out, which would obviously defeat the purpose. Anyone know? please help.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject:

I heard something about ballstreams website but I don't know enough about it. U need an invite into the website. I havent been able to get in without an invite. Would anyone mind inviting me?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

ballstreams is great. I used it last year and will use it again this upcoming season. The main reason I use it over league pass is that with ballstreams I can have the Laker commentators for all games! Helps that it's cheaper too, but it's really the commentators...
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Ballstreams sounds great but how can we sign up if we need an invite? Anyone willing to give me an invite?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Go to your neighbor who has cable. Be sure to bring him beer.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject:

here is my referral link. it will take u to the main page, but if you sign up you will get accepted much faster.

http://www.ballstreams.com/ref/16005

to the OP, you need a device like a chromecast or a ps4 to watch ballstreams on your tv. works really well on both
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

I have a referral url if people want to use it, pm if interested.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
here is my referral link. it will take u to the main page, but if you sign up you will get accepted much faster.

to the OP, you need a device like a chromecast or a ps4 to watch ballstreams on your tv. works really well on both

what about xbox one, is ballstreams on xbox one?

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
15 wrote:

there is no ballstreams app. ps4 is easy bc they have a browser.

i never tried IE with my xbox one to know how well it works. from ballstreams page, it looks like u have to dl a 3rd party app to work on xbox one:

Xbox One

via Plex

Setup Plex Media Server on your PC
Navigate to the Internet Browser on your Xbox One
Navigate to http://<plex-ip>:32400/web
Select "HockeyPlex"
We highly recommend having both your PC/Mac and the Xbox One wired in to your router for the best results.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
15 wrote:

I think you have to set up a plex server on your PC that is connected to the same network as your xbox one. On the PS4 you either set up a plex server or just use the PS4 browser.

The only actual apps for it seem to be on Roku or Android from what I see on their web site.

This will be the first season im using ballstreams. I have heard good things.

FYI they currently have an early bird promotion for a 1 year sub. $90 instead of the usual $99. The early bird promotion ends October 5th. Apparently you can freeze your account after the season to save the days left on your account to use the following season. You can freeze at any time but you can't pick a specific date from what I saw it gives you time frames like 1 week, 1 month etc etc. Also if you unfreeze before the date it was set to unfreeze you lose all those days you were frozen for. I found that weird.

I have my account frozen till the 20th then I will probably freeze it for 1 week longer.

I like that you can watch the national televised games with this as well as the playoffs.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject:

I understand league pass blacks out lakers live games but what about on demand games? Those blacked out too? So lame because I used to use twc app but for awhile now live streaming doesn't work at all. Just black screen and app relaunches. So lame.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
ballstreams is great. I used it last year and will use it again this upcoming season. The main reason I use it over league pass is that with ballstreams I can have the Laker commentators for all games! Helps that it's cheaper too, but it's really the commentators...

Does it give you the option of having the other teams announcers or the Lakers Spanish guys? Stu and Billy are awful.
DMAULS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject:

As of last season league pass allows you to choose between the commentators. But still probably more expensive.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject:

DMAULS wrote:
As of last season league pass allows you to choose between the commentators. But still probably more expensive.

Yes except if it's a national televised game. But ballstreams lets you choose even if it's a national televised game
bucketsandbags
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject:

After two seasons of trying to beat the system, I got cable again last month. I just want to watch the games without the hassle. If this blackout nonsense ever ends, I'll just have League Pass though...
alohalakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Does it give you the option of having the other teams announcers or the Lakers Spanish guys? Stu and Billy are awful.

Agree about Stu and Bmac - they just totally suck. Stu has been mailing it in for the last 20 years. I actually watched the spanish telecast last year and even though I don't understad it at all - they made the game seem so much more exciting.

As for the viewing option, I ended up buying a slingbox last year and stream from my family's 2nd cable box. The slingbox option is great if you know someone who has an extra cable box in their house that they aren't using.
11 championship rings
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Ballstreams, unfortunately, is closing new invites until further notice. Sucks, because I really wanted to try it this season. Not only that, I wanted to get in on their early bird special price.

I suspect they havent been taking in people living in the U.S. I put in my invite back in August and never saw an email. People said to use a VPN to sign up, so I tried that, but a little too late I guess. That was a week ago, and now they've closed their invites.

I totally understand though. They've seem to have become super popular lately, so they gotta limit the amount of sign ups to provide quality streams.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject:

I've been using KODI (xbmc) to watch DODGERS games along with the SPORTSDEVIL add-on. Basically I screen-mirror to my tv using my phone or tablet. It works for me, it is what it is. Quality is tolerable. I'd be doing the same for the LAKERS if i didnt have TWC.
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject:

I just get NBA League Pass on my xbox 360 baring you won't be able to watch national televised games such as when they're televised on TNT, ABC, Or ESPN.
I think its $120 for whole season.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
I've been using KODI (xbmc) to watch DODGERS games along with the SPORTSDEVIL add-on. Basically I screen-mirror to my tv using my phone or tablet. It works for me, it is what it is. Quality is tolerable. I'd be doing the same for the LAKERS if i didnt have TWC.

Shhhh

There's a better add-on than Sportsdevil, which is basically the same crappy streams as FrontRow. It's a little tricky to get working and it requires some bandwidth. Mostly national stuff though, which works for tomorrow.
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Floyd24NDLAL wrote:
I just get NBA League Pass on my xbox 360 baring you won't be able to watch national televised games such as when they're televised on TNT, ABC, Or ESPN.

That wouldn't work because they black out local games don't they?m
I might cave and get league pass. You can watch the games 3 days after they have aired. Better than not watching them at all and I'm not a must watch live at all cost kind of guy. Plus they are archived so I can go back anytime and watch them.

Anyone know if I can watch the opposing players stream and by pass the blackout rules?
G35CK
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:

Shhhh

There's a better add-on than Sportsdevil, which is basically the same crappy streams as FrontRow. It's a little tricky to get working and it requires some bandwidth. Mostly national stuff though, which works for tomorrow.

Care to share which addon it is?
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject:

G35CK wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:

Shhhh

Care to share which addon it is?

Drop us a repo please!
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject:

Suggest either:

- Limp along: go to a sports bar (gets more expensive than cable over a season), or hit up a buddy for viewing privelages (bring beer)

- Cheap out: pass on seeing Laker action for the most part for 2015-16 and save your coin for a vacation or for next season, when the team may break .500
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject:

Kobeskillz wrote:
Floyd24NDLAL wrote:

That wouldn't work because they black out local games don't they?m
I might cave and get league pass. You can watch the games 3 days after they have aired. Better than not watching them at all and I'm not a must watch live at all cost kind of guy. Plus they are archived so I can go back anytime and watch them.

Anyone know if I can watch the opposing players stream and by pass the blackout rules?

Anyone? Even with the blackouts can you watch them some days later?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: