How can I watch Laker games in TV with no cable?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject:

loki05 wrote:
I use sportsaccess.se instead of ballstream. ballstream is 99 for the year, for just BASKETBALL. Sportsaccess.se with promo code comes out to the same price, but you get ALL SPORTS and has an addon for xbmc/kodi. ur welcome.

Sounds promising, but I hate to pay money through a system I don't know for a product that is not presented in any way.

Why is it so darn difficult to set up good quality streaming for anything - movies to tv shows, sports, whatever. Live, on demand and no restricted selection. Pay per view or montly/yearly payment for a certain amount of minutes/shows/movies.
Just everything from any country, anytime, in one place. Google? Facebook? Microsoft? Anyone?
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: How can I watch Laker games in TV with no cable?

scoobs wrote:
I heard League Pass on Apple TV is good but, I also heard that all Laker games are blacked out, which would obviously defeat the purpose. Anyone know? please help.

NBALP on Apple TV is phenomenal but only if you live out of the LA market area.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject:

If your outside of LA, NBA League Pass is a good option if you want choices. You can watch on your cable, utilize a streaming device such as ROKU or AppleTV, or even on a laptop if your stuck out of town in a hotel on business (or for any other reason). If the hotel has free WIFI, or at a friends house, the streaming sticks allow you to carry around Lakers game access in your pocket!
mab0824
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Anyone have a decent link for tonights game??
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Same here, if anyone has one, please post. Thanks.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: How can I watch Laker games in TV with no cable?

scoobs wrote:
I heard League Pass on Apple TV is good but, I also heard that all Laker games are blacked out, which would obviously defeat the purpose. Anyone know? please help.

http://www.stream2watch.me/sports/basketball/sacramento-kings-vs-los-angeles-lakers-live-stream-october-14
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
loki05 wrote:
I use sportsaccess.se instead of ballstream. ballstream is 99 for the year, for just BASKETBALL. Sportsaccess.se with promo code comes out to the same price, but you get ALL SPORTS and has an addon for xbmc/kodi. ur welcome.

Sounds promising, but I hate to pay money through a system I don't know for a product that is not presented in any way.

Why is it so darn difficult to set up good quality streaming for anything - movies to tv shows, sports, whatever. Live, on demand and no restricted selection. Pay per view or montly/yearly payment for a certain amount of minutes/shows/movies.
Just everything from any country, anytime, in one place. Google? Facebook? Microsoft? Anyone?

I signed up for a month just to test it out. So far the results are very mixed. No feed for tonight's game for instance.
cycl0nus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject:

have nba Team Pass- lakers option. this is my 1st time using it as i am sick and tired of trying to stream off some real choppy slow pixelated sites. ive been trying to buck the system for a couple of yrs, but have given up.

i have comcast for my internet and my team pass is $119 for the whole season. im paying in increments of $26.99 month. tonights gm vs sac was my first watching, excellent picture, no reloading, no freezing.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject:

cycl0nus wrote:
have nba Team Pass- lakers option. this is my 1st time using it as i am sick and tired of trying to stream off some real choppy slow pixelated sites. ive been trying to buck the system for a couple of yrs, but have given up.

i have comcast for my internet and my team pass is $119 for the whole season. im paying in increments of $26.99 month. tonights gm vs sac was my first watching, excellent picture, no reloading, no freezing.
There's got to be a way to watch games without the chopping/slow pixel sites, no? Anybody know of the best way to do this?
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject:

I have found that most of the problems with poor video output from streaming sites were eliminated by upgrading my video card. I did a modest upgrade to a 1gb nvidia card for about 30 bucks and it resolved most of the streaming issues. It's not full HD but it's good and free. Plus now you can port to an led TV via hdmi
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject:

cheapedy wrote:
KODI

http://kodi.tv/about/
cheapedy, thanks for the tip man. Tell me more about Kodi in regards to the Lakers. I want to try and get something done in time for tomorrow's game. Thanks in advance.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
I have found that most of the problems with poor video output from streaming sites were eliminated by upgrading my video card. I did a modest upgrade to a 1gb nvidia card for about 30 bucks and it resolved most of the streaming issues. It's not full HD but it's good and free. Plus now you can port to an led TV via hdmi

most sites that stream just have a poor quality stream running at a low resolution and low bitrate, i have a pretty beast pc but it doesn't fix poor streams. i get league pass every year, personally i don't actually use the digital portion of it because i just watch and record all the games on my dvr.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
cycl0nus wrote:

There's got to be a way to watch games without the chopping/slow pixel sites, no? Anybody know of the best way to do this?

Do you live in the LA/blackout area for the Lakers?
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
scoobs wrote:
cycl0nus wrote:

Do you live in the LA/blackout area for the Lakers?
Yeah I'm in L.A. so the games are blacked out. I'm trying to figure something out quick. But I want to make the right decision to invest in the proper equopment. I'm on a pretty tight budget man.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:59 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

most sites that stream just have a poor quality stream running at a low resolution and low bitrate, i have a pretty beast pc but it doesn't fix poor streams. i get league pass every year, personally i don't actually use the digital portion of it because i just watch and record all the games on my dvr.

Sure they aren't full HD and you are not paying for it either. Getting a decent video card rather than on board cards resolve most of the problems the poster complained of. I get very little choppiness or pixilation. Granted it's low res but you get what you pay for. If you want a 1080p stream pay your 200 bucks a month. Actually for me it's the only real option.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Sure they aren't full HD and you are not paying for it either. Getting a decent video card rather than on board cards resolve most of the problems the poster complained of. I get very little choppiness or pixilated. Granted it's low res but you get 2 hat you pay for. If you want a 1080p stream pay your 200 bucks a month.

Believe me there was a time i had to make due with low quality streams, and i still do for certain events, so they are totally usable and you can't complain for free. If the OP can live without not watching them live then torrents are the best way to go, perfect quality, free, no blackouts or buffering.
andyliao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject:

NBA game time app + League pass + VPN will solve the black out problem.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject:

andyliao wrote:
What is the best device to hook the VPN up to. I don't have access to the router that I am using, so I would have to the VPN directly to the device. I'm thinking about buying a computer, but would like to save money buying one of those fire sticks that plug in to the TV.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Sure they aren't full HD and you are not paying for it either. Getting a decent video card rather than on board cards resolve most of the problems the poster complained of. I get very little choppiness or pixilated. Granted it's low res but you get 2 hat you pay for. If you want a 1080p stream pay your 200 bucks a month.

I have an R9 280x with 3 GB of dedicated RAM and those Frontrow streams still suck.
andyliao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
andyliao wrote:
What is the best device to hook the VPN up to. I don't have access to the router that I am using, so I would have to the VPN directly to the device. I'm thinking about buying a computer, but would like to save money buying one of those fire sticks that plug in to the TV.

Most major VPN providers should support PC, Mac, IOS and Android.

Last edited by andyliao on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
andyliao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

I have an R9 280x with 3 GB of dedicated RAM and those Frontrow streams still suck.

There is really nothing you can do to improve the feed if the source is poor. Don't go out and buy a high end video card and expect FrontRow to give you 1080p.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject:

andyliao wrote:
scoobs wrote:
andyliao wrote:

Most major VPN providers should support PC, Mac, IOS and Android.
So, I could get a VPN ap on a fire stick since it runs off of android?
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
here is my referral link. it will take u to the main page, but if you sign up you will get accepted much faster.

http://www.ballstreams.com/ref/16005

to the OP, you need a device like a chromecast or a ps4 to watch ballstreams on your tv. works really well on both
Can I watch ballstreams on Amazon fire stick?
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Using ballstreams for the first time right now with the pregame tnt stuff. Working great so far with my Plex server on a PS4 and fire tv stick. If the streams are this quality all season i'll probably become a regular user.

scoobs wrote:
Can I watch ballstreams on Amazon fire stick?

You can if you set up a plex server with the ballstreams plugin. You would also need the plex app on your fire tv stick. I think its a $5 in app purchase to unlock the full Plex app.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject:

ballstream has been GREAT!

one thing to note: When I stream to chromecast, there is about 3-5 second delay than live feed. If I watch on computer there is no delay. Also, when streaming to chromecast, there is a popping/static noise that is transmitted. Others have already complained about it on the discussion forum.

Other than that, it really is the best
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: