The curious case of Tristan Thompson....

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: The curious case of Tristan Thompson....

http://news.yahoo.com/cavaliers-seem-already-moving-life-193045162.html
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Interesting story.
Great thread title
I give it 2
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject:

I see Thompson as more valuable than Love.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Zach Lowe had a more in depth piece on this topic on Grantland a couple of days ago.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/tristan-thompson-continues-his-poker-game-with-cleveland/
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

They have very different games and serve very different purposes. Love started the season slowly, but by the end he started to mesh with the others are was hitting 43% of his threes.

If Love can give them 16-10 with 42% on threes it's huge for them. Not having him for the finals hurt a lot.

Thompson is a high energy guy who provides a great change of pace. He gives you more defense, but he can't stretch a defense and he isn't a great rebounder.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

They have very different games and serve very different purposes. Love started the season slowly, but by the end he started to mesh with the others are was hitting 43% of his threes.

If Love can give them 16-10 with 42% on threes it's huge for them. Not having him for the finals hurt a lot.

Thompson is a high energy guy who provides a great change of pace. He gives you more defense, but he can't stretch a defense and he isn't a great rebounder.

I think Thompson was a better offensive rebounder than Love last playoffs.
But I wouldn't be surprised if Love averages better total rebounds per 36 minutes.
I remember listening to a B.S. Report several years ago. Bill Simmons has loved Love since his days in Minnesota. One thing they did talk about is how Love boxes out instead of challenging shots in the paint. It was some sort of numbers game where Love knew he was better off boarding as opposed to playing paint defense.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I think Thompson was a better offensive rebounder than Love last playoffs.
But I wouldn't be surprised if Love averages better total rebounds per 36 minutes.
I remember listening to a B.S. Report several years ago. Bill Simmons has loved Love since his days in Minnesota. One thing they did talk about is how Love boxes out instead of challenging shots in the paint. It was some sort of numbers game where Love knew he was better off boarding as opposed to playing paint defense.

Tristan is a clean-up guy: outstanding offensive rebounder, mediocre defensive rebounder.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:
Zach Lowe had a more in depth piece on this topic on Grantland a couple of days ago.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/tristan-thompson-continues-his-poker-game-with-cleveland/

Situations like this make me shake my head. I don't blame a guy for getting as much money as he can, but we're already talking about money at a level that no one else would pay him. Good luck to him, but man, he's taking a lot of risk.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: