11 Year Old Boy Murders 8 Year Old Girl With Shotgun
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: 11 Year Old Boy Murders 8 Year Old Girl With Shotgun

Quote:
An argument between two children over puppies turned tragic Saturday when an 11-year-old boy killed his 8-year-old neighbor with a shotgun.

The 11-year-old has been charged with first-degree murder in the girl’s death. Latasha Dyer told ABC affiliate WATE that her daughter, McKayla, was killed.

Each of the children had a puppy. The 11-year-old “wanted to see the 8-year-old’s, and she said no, and then he went and retrieved a gun,”

The boy fired the 12-gauge shotgun from inside of his house, striking the girl as she stood in her yard. The gun, which was stored in a closet without locks, belonged to the boy’s father.

Saturday’s killing, which came just two days after a mass school shooting in rural Oregon, has rocked the small community of White Pine, Tenn. Both children attended White Pine School.

Dyer told Knoxville’s WATE TV that she had previously approached the school principal about the 11-year-old bullying her daughter.

Quote:
“When we first moved White Pine, the little boy was bullying McKayla. He was making fun of her, calling her names, just being mean to her. I had to go to the principal about him, and then he quit for awhile. And then all of a sudden yesterday, he shot her.”

11 Year Old NRA Protege Murders 8 Year Old Neighbor
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 11 Year Old Boy Murders 8 Year Old Girl With Shotgun

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
An argument between two children over puppies turned tragic Saturday when an 11-year-old boy killed his 8-year-old neighbor with a shotgun.

The 11-year-old has been charged with first-degree murder in the girl’s death. Latasha Dyer told ABC affiliate WATE that her daughter, McKayla, was killed.

Each of the children had a puppy. The 11-year-old “wanted to see the 8-year-old’s, and she said no, and then he went and retrieved a gun,”

The boy fired the 12-gauge shotgun from inside of his house, striking the girl as she stood in her yard. The gun, which was stored in a closet without locks, belonged to the boy’s father.

Saturday’s killing, which came just two days after a mass school shooting in rural Oregon, has rocked the small community of White Pine, Tenn. Both children attended White Pine School.

Dyer told Knoxville’s WATE TV that she had previously approached the school principal about the 11-year-old bullying her daughter.

Quote:
“When we first moved White Pine, the little boy was bullying McKayla. He was making fun of her, calling her names, just being mean to her. I had to go to the principal about him, and then he quit for awhile. And then all of a sudden yesterday, he shot her.”

Not sure which argument to go with:

A. Guns don't kill people, 11 year olds do.

or

B. If only the 8 year old had been armed.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 11 Year Old Boy Murders 8 Year Old Girl With Shotgun

24 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

or

C. Dad's a dumbass for not locking his gun.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Stop trying to take my guns away by posting these news pieces! THE ENDGAME IS NEAR.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 11 Year Old Boy Murders 8 Year Old Girl With Shotgun

24 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

or

You stole my thunder. This is unacceptable.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject:

The only thing to stop an eight year old with a puppy is an eleven year old with a gun.

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject:

I'm for some reasonable gun control, where background checks are mandated for most purchases. But I don't really find the old worn out jokes all that funny, especially when children are involved. It doesn't really prove a point.

The father needs to go to prison for not locking his gun up.
The boy is old enough to know what he was doing, so he's obviously twisted in the head. He belongs in a mental institution.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
I'm for some reasonable gun control, where background checks are mandated for most purchases. But I don't really find the old worn out jokes all that funny, especially when children are involved. It doesn't really prove a point.

The boy is old enough to know what he was doing, so he's obviously twisted in the head. He belongs in a mental institution.

Why should the father goto prison? He didn't break any law and children are allowed to possess shotguns in Tenn.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Why should the father goto prison? He didn't break any law and children are allowed to possess shotguns in Tenn.

Not familiar with Tenn law. If that's the case, that's unfortunate. I don't think young children should have easy access to these weapons without adult supervision.

But this father had to know that his son was messed up in the head.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Fair enough. I don't either, but they do have the value of satirizing tired and equally worthless arguments...
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Not familiar with Tenn law. If that's the case, that's unfortunate. I don't think young children should have easy access to these weapons without adult supervision.

But this father had to know that his son was messed up in the head.

With 6 kids ranging in age from 8-12 living in that Doublewide Trailer, it's doubtful the father had much time to really get to know any of his kids.

Quote:
The boy took the shotgun out of a closet, where it was kept unlocked, McCoig said. His father, who obtained the weapon legally, has not been charged, McCoig said. The only other firearm in the home is a BB gun.

The father told police he had taken the boy out hunting several times, McCoig said.

The young gunman is one of six siblings, who range in age from 8 to 12. The family has not had any "major issues" with the law,

Trailer Park Tragedy
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject:

For those of you and all around the world. Life isnt FAIR. Remember those words? I grew up with them. You can take all the guns in the world away and what that kid would have done was get a knife and stab her in the face. Then what? Or, lets say all the knifes in the world were taken away. Then he would have found a hay hook, and stabbed her in the chin. Ok, let's say they take away all the hay hooks and pushed her down a wishing well and she snapped her neck? Ok, let's say.....get it now?
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
For those of you and all around the world. Life isnt FAIR. Remember those words? I grew up with them. You can take all the guns in the world away and what that kid would have done was get a knife and stab her in the face. Then what? Or, lets say all the knifes in the world were taken away. Then he would have found a hay hook, and stabbed her in the chin. Ok, let's say they take away all the hay hooks and pushed her down a wishing well and she snapped her neck? Ok, let's say.....get it now?

b-b-b-but guns kill.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:

Yeah, that makes sense. Because any number of things can be used as a weapon, let's just ignore the relative danger of any weapon. Fact is, very very few kids get stabbed to death by other kids, even though sharp objects ar everywhere. But about 100 kids a year get shot by other kids. But hey, nothing to see here because I like my guns...
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject:

blasted an 8 year old with a shotgun?

(bleep) man.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
For those of you and all around the world. Life isnt FAIR. Remember those words? I grew up with them. You can take all the guns in the world away and what that kid would have done was get a knife and stab her in the face.

That would actually be quite a bit of progress since the death rate when a gun is involved is : 1 homicide per 43 incidents.

Whereas the death rate when a knife is involved is: 1 homicide per 150 incidents.

If we swapped out knives for guns, then we'd cut our homicide rate by almost 2/3rds. That little girl is MUCH more likely to have still been alive today had that kid ran inside and grabbed his fathers knife...
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject:

This particular situation deals with a twisted kid who killed one person. This is probably one of those situations where it wouldn't have mattered if he had access to a gun or not. He was going to kill that little girl because he's effed up in the head.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
This particular situation deals with a twisted kid who killed one person. This is probably one of those situations where it wouldn't have mattered if he had access to a gun or not. He was going to kill that little girl because he's effed up in the head.

That is always the answer. Yet it keeps happening and doesn't happen with non guns among kids/ Why is that?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject:

The little boy was just standing his ground.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Not a single harsh word was exchanged before an 11-year-old boy fired a 12-gauge shotgun into the chest of his eight-year-old neighbor, according to the manager of the trailer park where the shooting happened.

Chasity Arwood, manager of the White Pine Trailer Park, said McKayla Dyer was with her 11-year-old sister and another girl when she was shot Saturday night.

The shot was fired through the open window of the trailer where the boy lived with his parents and five other siblings. Authorities have not released the name of the boy, who faces a charge of first-degree murder in what the sheriff has called the “intentional shooting” of McKayla.

Arwood said McKayla was just finishing a sentence about going to get one of her two puppies to show the boy when he shot her. He threw the shotgun and a pellet gun out the window and closed it.

Kid Took Fatal Shot From Inside his Home
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject:

REPEAL THE 2ND AMENDMENT
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:

Reflexx wrote:

C'mon guys. The kid wasn't a determined killer on a mission to end her life. He wanted to see a freakin' puppy. He is a childish idiot like every other eleven year old. They don't understand the full consequences of their actions which is why they have PARENTS in charge of them. Parents who are not supposed to keep dangerous firearms loaded in a house with six children.
If the gun was unloaded, the little girl would be alive.
If the gun was unloaded and in a gun safe, the little girl would be alive.
If the gun was unloaded with a trigger lock in a gun safe, the little girl would be alive.

The burden is not on the child to behave as a responsible adult.
The burden is on the adult to not act like an irresponsible child.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

That is always the answer. Yet it keeps happening and doesn't happen with non guns among kids/ Why is that?

I don't think it would be accurate to claim that kids don't kill other kids without guns.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Reflexx wrote:

C'mon guys. The kid wasn't a determined killer on a mission to end her life. He wanted to see a freakin' puppy. He is a childish idiot like every other eleven year old. They don't understand the full consequences of their actions which is why they have PARENTS in charge of them. Parents who are not supposed to keep dangerous firearms loaded in a house with six children.
If the gun was unloaded, the little girl would be alive.
If the gun was unloaded and in a gun safe, the little girl would be alive.
If the gun was unloaded with a trigger lock in a gun safe, the little girl would be alive.

The burden is not on the child to behave as a responsible adult.
The burden is on the adult to not act like an irresponsible child.

I'd have to disagree some. At 11 years old, this kid should have known enough to be very well aware what he was doing.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
24 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I don't think it would be accurate to claim that kids don't kill other kids without guns.

It is extremely rare.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: