Russell Down...UPDATE: Not Playing Tonight, Pg. 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters · 12m12 minutes ago
D'Angelo Russell update -- held out of practice today but Lakers say he showed signs of improvement. Status for tomorrow's game is TBD.

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters · 11m11 minutes ago
Brandon Bass update -- had an x-ray this morning on his left knee, results inconclusive. He will be examined by team doctors tomorrow in LA

Last edited by 22 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject:

so sick of this mom and pop joint sentiment in this ownership. mom and pop shops are good for restaurants, not for multi-billion dollar enterprise like the Lakers. too much emotion attached to let these old geezers go. we should've revamped the entire training staff (from trainer to team doctor) long time ago.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject:

The way Bass landed on that knee. I am suprised he was able to play. Reminds me of AC Green - both are cut from the same cloth.

When DRuss went down my interest for watching the Lakers this year was momentarily challenged. Good to hear that he's okay.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject:

I hope it really isn't anything serious!!

If it is...I hope they find out before they make it worse.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
so sick of this mom and pop joint sentiment in this ownership. mom and pop shops are good for restaurants, not for multi-billion dollar enterprise like the Lakers. too much emotion attached to let these old geezers go. we should've revamped the entire training staff (from trainer to team doctor) long time ago.

what does jim buss have anythign to do with this thread
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject:

i was hoping to see Russell v.s Lowry matchup. I hope he can play tomorrow.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Russell showing signs of improvement

Can we make sure he shows signs of nothing broken?
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject:

What???No STRETCH DOE comment, I'm suprised... Glad to here is alright though, it would cause me to loose some interest to be honest with you. I want to see this kid play.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject:

We haven't been able to kick this little unjury bug for three plus seasons now. It's really frustrating. And no, I'm not blaming the training staff.
Khacho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
We haven't been able to kick this little unjury bug for three plus seasons now. It's really frustrating. And no, I'm not blaming the training staff.

I blame it on BS training camp and players being tired during games causing them to make Mental Mistakes... Like D'angelo trying to block Rudy Golbert.... Why the hell would he ever try to block Rudy Golbert
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Khacho wrote:
KBH wrote:

I blame it on BS training camp and players being tired during games causing them to make Mental Mistakes... Like D'angelo trying to block Rudy Golbert.... Why the hell would he ever try to block Rudy Golbert

So why was everyone injured when Brown was coach and then DAntoni?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Everyone blames Scott for overplaying Kobe, but no one blames D'Antoni for the achilles?
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

So DLO falls on his ass and Bass tweaks his knee and you want to blame it on management?

That's not their fault.

If they go out on the floor after being misdiagnosed then it is.

Until then, at least wait to find out before you P&M.

Let the staff play cautious with them, they've got a lot invested in those two.

Bye.

Last edited by gumby on Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Everyone blames Scott for overplaying Kobe, but no one blames D'Antoni for the achilles?

On the contrary, folks were not pleased with MDA:
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=159872&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=200
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

On the contrary, folks were not pleased with MDA:
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=159872&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=200

Actually, you are both correct.

Bye.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject:

As Chick Hearn used to say "He landed on his wallet...and with the contract he just signed he should have alot of cusion back there"

Man how I miss Chick. As bad as we've been recently, Chick would have found a way to still make the games enjoyable.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:

I don't blame MDA for the achilles, but I do blame Scott for overplaying Kobe last year.

Kobe looked fine playing extended minutes. He waved off MDA's sub requests, Kobe managed his own minutes in 2013. The achilles was horrifically bad luck.

Post achilles, you have to manage his minutes. BS was also advised by the analytics folks that Kobe should stay under 32 mins since we're getting negative retuns beyond that. He ignored it and many of us could see it from watching TV. I actually charted KobE's mins every quarter last year through
much of Dec. The minutes distribution was awful not just the total mpg.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
gng930 wrote:
Not sure why Vitti gets such a bad rap. Do people here generally expect their personal trainers at the gym to diagnose medical ailments?

Vitti is the team doctor/medical trainer. Not a personal trainer like at the gym. That's "grass fed" (forgot his real name lol).

He is most certainly not the team doctor (he does not have a degree in medicine) and I'm not sure there's a such thing as a medical trainer. He is an athletic trainer which is closer to a gym personal trainer than an actual medical doctor.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Not sure why Vitti gets such a bad rap. Do people here generally expect their personal trainers at the gym to diagnose medical ailments?

Well for a meaningless preseason game, I don't know why he's watching a guy have to get physically carried off the court and a few minutes later, he's giving him the thumbs up to go back in.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
As Chick Hearn used to say "He landed on his wallet...and with the contract he just signed he should have alot of cusion back there"

Man how I miss Chick. As bad as we've been recently, Chick would have found a way to still make the games enjoyable.

gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
gng930 wrote:

Well for a meaningless preseason game, I don't know why he's watching a guy have to get physically carried off the court and a few minutes later, he's giving him the thumbs up to go back in.

Well seeing as how he's the trainer, I'm not sure why it's his job to consider how meaningful a game is. Either a guy is cleared to go back in or he isn't. It's up to the coach and (and maybe) management to weigh the stakes. Russell apparently felt ready to go back in so maybe the image of him being helped off the court is weighing more in your decision than it should?

I personally cringe every time I see Vitti's name and the word "misdiagnose" used together in a sentence.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
If Vitti thinks it's okay for him to return that means it's NOT okay for him to return.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:

That's incredibly frustrating.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
KBH wrote:

Yup it sucks Lakers need new training staff.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
KBH wrote:

It's poor ownership. There should have been a total overhaul of our medical and training staff awhile ago. The Buss' should have brought in the best injury prevention and rehabilitation team money could buy. After this many seasons of having so many injuries you would think they would do something to try to change it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: