Ugh Harden: "I should have been MVP over Curry"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject:

MIZ83 wrote:
Ethan Sherwood Strauss: When Curry is out, the W's avg. 98.3 pts/per 48 and are a -.7

When he is on the court, the W's avg 121.2 pts per 48 and are a +21.6

It's because he completely distorts defenses. He comes off a screen or a flare action or gets or sets an off ball screen and defenses jump to try to prevent him from getting the three, often with multiple defenders which just makes it so easy on the other guys. Despite what a certain Kobe fan thinks, Curry is unguardable in a team game. Guy makes the offense run. Curry has the same affect on defenses that Kobe did in his prime when he was on a tear.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject:

The problem with on/off stats is that it often overlooks that Curry is playing with starter talent and then when he sits, often so do other starters so the bench mobs come into play. A true measure would be if Curry say missed 10 games, or if he came off the bench, and his replacement starter got to play with those starters.

GST has a solid bench, but not a great one, so it's not shocking if that's the case. However, he is truly the MVP of the league right now. This is the most dominant I've seen anyone play since 2005-06 Kobe Bryant.

And unlike Harden or Lebron, I thoroughly enjoy Curry's game and it's easy to root for him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

And unlike Harden or Lebron, I thoroughly enjoy Curry's game and it's easy to root for him.

Probably because Curry's game is a lot more skill-based. No gimmicks. Not someone that tries to draw cheap fouls. Great passer, lots of creativity on offense. And he's a pleasant fellow. Doesn't act like a jackass. Very few people weren't at least a bit moved by his MVP speech.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Probably because Curry's game is a lot more skill-based. No gimmicks. Not someone that tries to draw cheap fouls. Great passer, lots of creativity on offense. And he's a pleasant fellow. Doesn't act like a jackass. Very few people weren't at least a bit moved by his MVP speech.

yes indeed.

i've never enjoyed watching lebron aside from a few dunks here and there.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The problem with on/off stats is that it often overlooks that Curry is playing with starter talent and then when he sits, often so do other starters so the bench mobs come into play. A true measure would be if Curry say missed 10 games, or if he came off the bench, and his replacement starter got to play with those starters.

GST has a solid bench, but not a great one, so it's not shocking if that's the case. However, he is truly the MVP of the league right now. This is the most dominant I've seen anyone play since 2005-06 Kobe Bryant.

How can you not like megaflops?

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
This is the most dominant I've seen anyone play since 2005-06 Kobe Bryant.

More dominant than 2013 LeBron? 27, 8, 7 (led team in all 3) on 57%, 41% and 75% shooting. Arguably the best defender of the year as well, and was the teams primary defender to close games.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Very easy to root for Curry indeed. He's a killer, he's not afraid and doesn't use gimmicks. STONE COLD SHOOTER IN YOUR FACE. Closest thing to Kobe I seen.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject:

James Harden used my siggy, minus the prayer portion, in his latest commercial? LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Just wanted to bump this thread - and didn't have a time to find it this morning.

Without Curry the GST Warriors were blown out against the Mavs.
There's no question of Curry's value right now.

And interesting enough, GST plays Houston tonight WITHOUT Curry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Money23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

More dominant than 2013 LeBron? 27, 8, 7 (led team in all 3) on 57%, 41% and 75% shooting. Arguably the best defender of the year as well, and was the teams primary defender to close games.

Better than 13 Lebron, you can also make the case for 09 Lebron, 00 Shaq, 91 Jordan, 93 Hakeem and one of Wilt's years

He has the highest PER in the history of the game if he keeps this up we could very well be witnessing the GOAT season
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Very easy to root for Curry indeed. He's a killer, he's not afraid and doesn't use gimmicks. STONE COLD SHOOTER IN YOUR FACE. Closest thing to Kobe I seen.

Great productivity like Kobe and a great shooter alright. But there differences between he and Kobe. Doesn't have the strength to go inside and draw contact with the bigs like Kobe did. He's much more of a finess player.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Great productivity like Kobe and a great shooter alright. But there differences between he and Kobe. Doesn't have the strength to go inside and draw contact with the bigs like Kobe did. He's much more of a finess player.
He doesn't have to draw contact if he can find creative ways to finish around them. His fg% in the paint is ridiculous right now
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I love Curry, even though it was a loss I enjoyed watching him last night, but at this point in the season, I go with that Lebron season. But Curry has time yet to eclipse that.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I love Curry, even though it was a loss I enjoyed watching him last night, but at this point in the season, I go with that Lebron season. But Curry has time yet to eclipse that.

I don't think Curry can ever eclipse what LeBron did that season. Basketball involved offense and defense. LeBron was arguably the games best player on both sides of the ball that year.
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Curry's numbers will decline a bit as the season continues. Klay had a bad back to start the season. Now he is finally having a good stretch of games. Curry is content (as are the rest of the unselfish W's) to let him have a 22 point quarter, for example, and not look for his own so much. And as Thompson plays better along with Curry, they will sit a lot of 4th quarters. I think the rest of the season may look more like last season for GS.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Snipes wrote:

He doesn't have to draw contact if he can find creative ways to finish around them. His fg% in the paint is ridiculous right now

What kind of non contact moves can he make when there's traffic? His inside game lacks the physicality that's needed sometimes. Laughable to compare his inside game to lobes. Curry is not in Kobe or MJ's class. He's a different type of player. People are too quick to anoint the next Kobe/MJ around here
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Snipes wrote:

What kind of non contact moves can he make when there's traffic? His inside game lacks the physicality that's needed sometimes. Laughable to compare his inside game to lobes. Curry is not in Kobe or MJ's class. He's a different type of player. People are too quick to anoint the next Kobe/MJ around here

Of course, there is a difference between Curry and Kobe. They play a different style. The comparison is that defenses totally have to sell out to play against them. They both can shoot effectively while being guarded extremely closely. To guard them requires picking them up 30' from the bucket. And while Curry finishes differently than Kobe in the paint, he does finish at a high rate. He releases the ball early or spins it in at angles away from the defender. Is he the next Kobe, ie. truly dominant player? Not yet. It depends upon whether the W's win 2 or 3 more championships.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: