Ugh Harden: "I should have been MVP over Curry"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject: Ugh Harden: "I should have been MVP over Curry"

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/10/07/houston-rockets-james-harden-mvp-steph-curry

Although he makes a couple of decent points, at least Curry doesn't flop like Harden. He also says he can do more just wait and see. I'd like to see him do the SAME without flopping.

Also, it doesn't help that in a couple of important moments during that series with GS, Harden made a couple of embarrassing plays.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject:

Crying for not getting awards is really unseemly. Better to let your play do the talking.

All he's talking about is himself and slightly putting his team down with that whole "nobody thought WE were going to do" crap.

Loser.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:12 am    Post subject:

Thats why the when they faced off in the playoffs they lost 4 of 5.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject:

most of the players thought he should have won it too *shrug*
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject:

No.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Well, as much as I enjoy piling on Harden, again, it's not fair to blame series results on an individual. There's really no correlation. What's more significant to me is that Harden dribbled into a Curry/Thompson double team at the end of one of those games (foolishly) and lost the ball. THAT i can blame on him. My problem with him is that he relies so much on his gimmicky drives where he just looks for contact. And that kind of mentality is not good for championship drives. Lebron does the same, except he gets away with it sometimes because of whatever.

I feel that as a player, you don't want to rely on being able to draw calls at the end of games to try to win an important game. because even if it works, sometimes it won't, and that play would have possibly been better if you were trying to make an actual good basketball play. Kobe is the man because of this. he goes in not expecting a call, but to score, or create an actual basketball play. Wade was very lucky to win one championship doing the free throw thing, but that was unusual. AS a fan, it's kind of a disgusting thing to see from these MVP type players.

I hear a lot of fans kind of proud of certain players ability to draw a foul, like it's some kind of admirable skill. Whatever, it's an opinion.

I forgot which game it was, but during our Dwight year, towards the end of the season, there was a great game with the Rockets....it went OT i think. Harden tried repeatedly to drive down the line and draw calls, and the refs just were not giving it that time. And he kept turning the ball over. And he looked so embarrassing. I sometimes wonder if he would even be considered an MVP type player if he doesn't get those calls regularly. He definitely has a great skillset. But show me a full season of not flopping and stuff, and lets see how it turns out.

[edit]
Ok, here it is game 2 warriors vs. rockets:

Look at the last play, houston down 1...harden tries to push off to create space (already you can see his mentality, not very admirable)...doesn't work, passes, gets it back, does it again, loses the ball. This is a terrible example of an MVP type player. It's beautiful that he tries it on the actual MVP. Meanwhile, Curry is making pure, clutch plays. No wonder he has such a great reputation. Harden would have been much better off not focusing so much on getting away with something, and actually trying to get cleanly open, or attract defenders and pass it off. He ruined his own absolutely brilliant 4th quarter as a result.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Crying for not getting awards is really unseemly. Better to let your play do the talking.

All he's talking about is himself and slightly putting his team down with that whole "nobody thought WE were going to do" crap.

Loser.

Indeed.

If he'd won that would have been fine IMO. But Crying about it all this time later is just undignified.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Well, as much as I enjoy piling on Harden, again, it's not fair to blame series results on an individual. There's really no correlation. What's more significant to me is that Harden dribbled into a Curry/Thompson double team at the end of one of those games (foolishly) and lost the ball. THAT i can blame on him. My problem with him is that he relies so much on his gimmicky drives where he just looks for contact. And that kind of mentality is not good for championship drives. Lebron does the same, except he gets away with it sometimes because of whatever.

I feel that as a player, you don't want to rely on being able to draw calls at the end of games to try to win an important game. because even if it works, sometimes it won't, and that play would have possibly been better if you were trying to make an actual good basketball play. Kobe is the man because of this. he goes in not expecting a call, but to score, or create an actual basketball play. Wade was very lucky to win one championship doing the free throw thing, but that was unusual. AS a fan, it's kind of a disgusting thing to see from these MVP type players.

I hear a lot of fans kind of proud of certain players ability to draw a foul, like it's some kind of admirable skill. Whatever, it's an opinion.

I forgot which game it was, but during our Dwight year, towards the end of the season, there was a great game with the Rockets....it went OT i think. Harden tried repeatedly to drive down the line and draw calls, and the refs just were not giving it that time. And he kept turning the ball over. And he looked so embarrassing. I sometimes wonder if he would even be considered an MVP type player if he doesn't get those calls regularly. He definitely has a great skillset. But show me a full season of not flopping and stuff, and lets see how it turns out.

[edit]
Ok, here it is game 2 warriors vs. rockets:

Look at the last play, houston down 1...harden tries to push off to create space (already you can see his mentality, not very admirable)...doesn't work, passes, gets it back, does it again, loses the ball. This is a terrible example of an MVP type player. It's beautiful that he tries it on the actual MVP. Meanwhile, Curry is making pure, clutch plays. No wonder he has such a great reputation. Harden would have been much better off not focusing so much on getting away with something, and actually trying to get cleanly open, or attract defenders and pass it off. He ruined his own absolutely brilliant 4th quarter as a result.

You are right, but still, MVP is a hybrid award, the performance of your team matters for the way they select it. Scoring title is the individual achievement.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Cry _Harden, cry....
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject:

What he shoulda said was "I flop better than Curry"
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject:

You guys notice how Harden is constantly disrespecting his team in order to prop himself up? It's as if he thinks hes Shaq carrying Orlando or something. The guy is delusional like so many athletes.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject:

I actually think Harden had a decent MVP case, but he's not the best player in the league like he claims. I can't rate him any higher than sixth.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject:

OK, I found the other Harden game i was thinking about. This was a great game by the way. Here are our own LG highlights:
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=160260

Take a look at the ending. It's Harden screwing up time and time again. Why? I say it's because he is always trying to "get away" with something rather than just play basketball. So his decision making will get him in trouble those times where a ref doesn't buy it. This is the problem with playing that way. And this is a HUGE problem in the NBA (although it does seem to be getting better).

At the end of regulation, once again, he's trying to push off with his off arm and it looks like he realizes he won't get the call, but he still can't help it. Jumps in the air kind of confused, passes, turns it over. Luckily, in the scramble Parsons gets it and hits a totally ridiculous buzzer beater (crazy shot) to send it in OT. Parsons and Lin actually saved his butt by making the right passes. You see?

Now in OT...harden tries to create contact with Dwight, clumsily runs right into him trying to get the call (which he does get a lot), but not this time. Dwight just takes the ball, lol. Very embarrassing. Stop doing that Harden if you want to look like a great player. Of course Lebron does this all the time and gets away with it. And Billups made a career off stuff like this. I can't stand it, personally.

[Meeks then dunks on 2 guys in the clutch, holy cow!!]

A couple plays later...Harden tries it again! he drives into Dwight, trying to create contact instead of actually getting a shot around him. Gets blocked. Embarrassing once again.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Harden, I'll give the MVP award. Most valuable (bleep).

Bye.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject:

yeah, sure if the criteria were about being the best flopper.

F U harden.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject:

I hope he never wins anything until he shaves that ugly critter off his mug...!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ugh Harden: "I should have been MVP over Curry"

SuperboyReformed wrote:

Although he makes a couple of decent points, at least Curry doesn't flop like Harden. He also says he can do more just wait and see. I'd like to see him do the SAME without flopping.

Also, it doesn't help that in a couple of important moments during that series with GS, Harden made a couple of embarrassing plays.

I don't know how smart it is for him to say this publically, but I am not surprised he feels that way and it's not unreasonable: The players voted him their MVP after all, and he got a lot of votes for the NBA MVP. It could have gone either way.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:31 am    Post subject:

lol at players who talk better than they play.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:36 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
I actually think Harden had a decent MVP case, but he's not the best player in the league like he claims. I can't rate him any higher than sixth.

Agreed - but I'd put him top 5, probably 4th or 5th.

Davis
Lebron
Durant
Harden
Curry

I think he's top 5, especially if you go 1 big, 2 forwards, 2 guards with your top 5 players in the league. I do think when healthy right now the 5 best players in the league are the guys that I listed above (not in that order).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
KBH wrote:

Davis
Lebron
Durant
Harden
Curry

I think he's top 5, especially if you go 1 big, 2 forwards, 2 guards with your top 5 players in the league. I do think when healthy right now the 5 best players in the league are the guys that I listed above (not in that order).

You put Harden over Westbrook?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Ugh Harden: "I should have been MVP over Curry"

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Ugh Harden

I'm gonna start calling him that, SBR. There's perhaps no more compact way to succinctly capture his essence without trying to beat the language filters.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Ugh Harden: "I should have been MVP over Curry"

SuperboyReformed wrote:

So you would like to see him improve while removing a solid part of his game? Not surprised, most of your posts are based on hypotheticals. I was shocked that he did step it up in last year's playoffs, the year before he was the Invisible Man.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Ugh Harden: "I should have been MVP over Curry"

venturalakersfan wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

So you would like to see him improve while removing a solid part of his game? Not surprised, most of your posts are based on hypotheticals. I was shocked that he did step it up in last year's playoffs, the year before he was the Invisible Man.

So you like flopping?

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject:

It is part of the game, a good player takes advantage of the rules. Kobe is a good example of that, his leg kick got him lots of free throws.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
KBH wrote:

Davis
Lebron
Durant
Harden
Curry

My top 5 is Lebron, Davis, KD, Curry and Westbrook. I'd go with Harden as the sixth. I think Westbrook is a more complete all around player than Westbrook, but I wouldn't lose my head if someone ranks Harden ahead of him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: