Ugh Harden: "I should have been MVP over Curry"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
ocho wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Since inserting Lawson into the starting 5, it's killed the Rockets O.
Harden is suffering worst, because he seems to want to play like a pure SG, just taking as many jumpshots off passes from Lawson as possible. That's not really the type of game Harden or HOU are used to seeing him play.

That's not true. Our 1st lost was all about effort. We didn't play with any and a young team kicked our butts. GS mopped us just like they did pre Lawson.

It's gonna take some time to work Lawson in but he's not what's killing us, or the reasons Harden's shot is so off to start the season. I think the break he took in the offseason combined with getting hurt in preseason has more to do with it then anything else.

So why are they going to lose Game 3 after being up 21?

It won't be because Lawson is killing the O.

Quote:
@KJ_NBA: Lawson is 5/29 in his last 3 gms.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
ocho wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Harden is suffering worst, because he seems to want to play like a pure SG, just taking as many jumpshots off passes from Lawson as possible. That's not really the type of game Harden or HOU are used to seeing him play.

That's not true. Our 1st lost was all about effort. We didn't play with any and a young team kicked our butts. GS mopped us just like they did pre Lawson.

It's gonna take some time to work Lawson in but he's not what's killing us, or the reasons Harden's shot is so off to start the season. I think the break he took in the offseason combined with getting hurt in preseason has more to do with it then anything else.

Quote:

He was BRUTAL tonight.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
ocho wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
ocho wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Quote:

He was BRUTAL tonight.

dude, that's a great pic in your avatar. got me a little emotional there, little sneak attack.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject:

wait...i see it in the other avatars!! is this a thing we're doing?
png
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject:

He has a point. It's not the voters value Defense
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject:

I hate Harden and knowing that he is more delusional than I thought makes me smile all the time. Just saying
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
ocho wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Quote:

Response is the same. We are giving up like 105 points a night and our overall effort is garbage. Lawson hasn't been playing great but that's not the main issue. I'd rank his play behind:

- Lack of effort over all
- Harden's struggles
- Us playing small ball with Ariza at the 4 (getting killed...PFs hurt though)

Good random guess though.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Nah, the bagel in 34 minutes was fine because he was dominating in other aspects of the game.
spaldingLA
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
I hate Harden and knowing that he is more delusional than I thought makes me smile all the time. Just saying

What? 2nd in MVP voting, and he got voted the players MVP, ffs- There's 0 delusional about this. Only person deluded is clearly you.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Houston without Dwight lost again tonight to Dallas, who sat Dirk, Matthews, and Parsons.

Lawson (7pts, 3-8, 1-4 3PT) continued to not be a problem.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Houston without Dwight lost again tonight to Dallas, who sat Dirk, Matthews, and Parsons.

Lawson (7pts, 3-8, 1-4 3PT) continued to not be a problem.

I don't recall anyone saying Lawson's play was good. Just that he's not THE problem. He's been struggling too.

Team started the season off with three 20 point losses and just lost 3 in a row to the winless Nets (at home), Nuggets (2nd time this year) and Mavs bench. Issues go way beyond the new PG.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Resisting the urge to take shots at the rockets 😁😁😁
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject:

spaldingLA wrote:
twisted wrote:

What? 2nd in MVP voting, and he got voted the players MVP, ffs- There's 0 delusional about this. Only person deluded is clearly you.

Yeah, we're talking about last regular season in a vacuum. The playoffs don't matter. The beginning of the current season doesn't matter.

There were clearly many people (among both the media and players) who thought Harden should be MVP. So it's not surprising or unreasonable that he thinks he should have won.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Houston is just not focused according to McHale. McHale's saying that everyone but Dwight is not interested at all at D. I've noticed that as well. Dwight's been a monster on the glass, and trying hard. He's been elite in the minutes he plays. But the rest of the guys, only care about O and only play 1 way.

And with Lawson in the mix, their O hasn't been good enough as last season where they're winning games without playing good enough D.

HOU really has some trouble brewing, because while I think they'll make the playoffs, they look 1 and done this season for sure,and much worse with Lawson/Harden backcourt.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject:

WE SUCK!!!!!
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject:

When Harden scores his 30+ points based on shots and not 15-20 FTs, he will be MVP in my eyes. Till them it's Steph all the way.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
did not realize the rockets were struggling this badly. Watch them fire McHale and hire Thibs if this keeps up.

Posted 11/02/15

Let's see if the "hire Thibs" part turns out to be accurate lol
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject:

you know one thing i love?

that this will be another season where dwight howard doesn't win a ring. people keep telling him dwight will never win a ring. he has a poor attitude, is injury prone and is overrated on offense. he'll learn, one way or the other.

yeah, your season is already over dude

at least we had our time. the last time the rockets were relevant was in 94

what happened to harden being mvp? or dwight working with hakeem or mchale?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
at least we had our time. the last time the rockets were relevant was in 94 l:

If your standard of relevance is winning a ring, then most of the teams in the NBA have never been relevant.

However I'd say the Rockets getting to the western conference finals last year makes them relevant.

My guess is Dwight will never win a ring. But the Hall of Fame is filled with lots of guys you could say that about too.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject:

no, making a deep playoff run one year does not make them relevant.

if the rockets were consistently making it deep into the playoffs and contending for rings, then they'd be relevant.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/benchwarmerdan/status/671139194253746177

#defense
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
https://twitter.com/benchwarmerdan/status/671139194253746177

#defense
LMFAO
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Harden has actually began playing like a MVP again the last 5-6 games since McHale got canned. Clearly we see now why McHale was canned, he had lost Harden.

I'm not a fan of how Harden plays, but I gotta give him credit. He has that Kobe mindset - that mindset of a great player that is relentless in their attack. His skills are actually not as good as he's been able to produce. On O, he's overachieved a bit in his career IMO. Unlike Curry who has an unstoppable/unguardable J, Harden can not be contained. But he rarely lets you do that, because he'll keep attacking and shooting. He's got the mindset of a great player, even though I question if he has the talent to match the volume of which he shoots and possesses the ball.

Not many guys who carry their teams on O play much D though. The Duncan, Jordan, Kobe etc are the rare breed that play at a high level on both ends in playoff time.

Oh and I'd take Curry over Harden on my team any day. Unlike Harden, Curry has shown he can be a MVP with sharing the ball as well. Harden has to dominate the ball. I've never been a big fan of players like that.
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject:

Ethan Sherwood Strauss: When Curry is out, the W's avg. 98.3 pts/per 48 and are a -.7

When he is on the court, the W's avg 121.2 pts per 48 and are a +21.6
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Harden has actually began playing like a MVP again the last 5-6 games since McHale got canned. Clearly we see now why McHale was canned, he had lost Harden.

I'm not a fan of how Harden plays, but I gotta give him credit. He has that Kobe mindset - that mindset of a great player that is relentless in their attack. His skills are actually not as good as he's been able to produce. On O, he's overachieved a bit in his career IMO. Unlike Curry who has an unstoppable/unguardable J, Harden can not be contained. But he rarely lets you do that, because he'll keep attacking and shooting. He's got the mindset of a great player, even though I question if he has the talent to match the volume of which he shoots and possesses the ball.

Not many guys who carry their teams on O play much D though. The Duncan, Jordan, Kobe etc are the rare breed that play at a high level on both ends in playoff time.

Oh and I'd take Curry over Harden on my team any day. Unlike Harden, Curry has shown he can be a MVP with sharing the ball as well. Harden has to dominate the ball. I've never been a big fan of players like that.

I agree for the most part, see below...

Harden has shown flashes. There was that great 4th quarter he had vs the warriors in the playoffs, where he hit impossible shot after impossible shot, and was going to single handedly beat the warriors. But then, at the end of the quarter when it was really kobe time, he screwed up really badly. missing, turning over (in embarrassing fashion)...and curry/thompson eventually delivered in the end. It was a pretty fitting event given how curry had just beaten him for the mvp.
but harden has done this several times. so he falls short of being a reliable guy when it really counts. and his problem is that he plays with gimmicks constantly. he's always trying to draw a call, and flop, etc. well, the problem is that once you get in that mentality, you try the same stuff in epic moments and it doesn't work, and you just look foolish. and he keeps running into that. kobe never did that stuff, not even in the 1st quarter. that's the difference. kobe never tried gimmicks.

curry is NOT unstoppable, my god. he seems unstoppable on that team, but he's not an unstoppable guy in general. there are probably several more individually unstoppable guys in the league. he's a great shooter, and that system is unstoppable in the way they can get him open. he is always open (i should say he is open a lot of the time). that's a credit to the team...they are all great shooters and that offense is running like a machine. but this is what the nba is now, giving all this credit to that one guy. at least curry is really good. i hate when lebron gets all the credit for his teammates, because often times his teammates are better shooters, better dribblers, better rebounders than he is, but he gets ALL the credit. At least curry is the best shooter on his team, you know?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: