Lamar out through the All-Star break ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Without LO, we probably wont win another game on the road trip.
Steady Mobbin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject:

remember what happen last time Lamar went out? lakers won only 5 games of the remainder of the season.

people love to say lamar is trash & useless but without him this team can't win. Lakers are back to being last yrs lakers.
Kobster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Well truthfully LO does need to go. I just don't think he can compliment Kobe the right way. Its not that hes not a good player its just that hes not good for Kobe and Kobe ain't good for him. It just looks like he is that important to us when he is out, because he dont' 'have another legitimate scorer on this team.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject:

If that's true, that would be terrible news and we would be in some serious trouble.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Steady Mobbin wrote:
remember what happen last time Lamar went out? lakers won only 5 games of the remainder of the season.

people love to say lamar is trash & useless but without him this team can't win. Lakers are back to being last yrs lakers.

actually we only 2 games.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject:

MrLaker83 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
MrLaker83 wrote:
I guess we will finally get to see just how much lamar means to this team. Maybe this stretch will put all you odom haters in your place!

Unless the Lakers are allowed to actually put one of the players that the so-called Odom haters would trade him for in his place while Lamar is out, it means nothing.

All this stretch can do is prove that Odom is better than nothing, which, for the most part, is an accurate statement.

So you mean to tell me that if we end up going something like 2-8 while he is out it means nothing!

You're saying that his absence will prove that he is needed and should not be traded. Basically that if he was traded for whoever, the results would be the same.

So, in this case, his absence does absolutely nothing for your argument.

Capice?
MrLaker83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
MrLaker83 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
MrLaker83 wrote:
I guess we will finally get to see just how much lamar means to this team. Maybe this stretch will put all you odom haters in your place!

Unless the Lakers are allowed to actually put one of the players that the so-called Odom haters would trade him for in his place while Lamar is out, it means nothing.

All this stretch can do is prove that Odom is better than nothing, which, for the most part, is an accurate statement.

So you mean to tell me that if we end up going something like 2-8 while he is out it means nothing!

You're saying that his absence will prove that he is needed and should not be traded. Basically that if he was traded for whoever, the results would be the same.

Capice?

As you can see by what happened tonight, odom is needed. We couldn't beat a team that had lost 13 games in a row. We gave up over a hundred to one of the worst teams in the league. My arguement never stated anything about whether I felt another player could help this team more than odom can. I don't know how many times I have seen posts with people completely trashing odom calling him a straight up bad player. And I'm sorry if I dont agree with that, the guy can play, and whether you wanna accept it or not he is a big reason why we win games. It just amazes me how people are so quick to point the finger at a player for going through a short slump.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Lamar out through the All-Star break ...

Luke wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lakers-odomout&prov=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
Jackson wasn't sure how long Odom will be out, but indicated it could be through the All-Star break later this month.

Not good news...

No big deal either way. Actually it kills any chance the Lakers have to trade his worthless ass.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
This is not good, for a lot of reasons. But IMO he is being moved, so hopefully for him and his family it is more about that than the injury itself.

Who do you think he's being shopped for?

^^ Farmar

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject:

MrLaker83 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
MrLaker83 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
MrLaker83 wrote:

Capice?

As you can see by what happened tonight, odom is needed. We couldn't beat a team that had lost 13 games in a row. We gave up over a hundred to one of the worst teams in the league. My arguement never stated anything about whether I felt another player could help this team more than odom can. I don't know how many times I have seen posts with people completely trashing odom calling him a straight up bad player. And I'm sorry if I dont agree with that, the guy can play, and whether you wanna accept it or not he is a big reason why we win games. It just amazes me how people are so quick to point the finger at a player for going through a short slump.

Odom wasn't needed, just a second option. Noone is denying that he can play. It's just that other could contribute just as much if not more.

Your original post (it's in this post, in case you missed it) suggested that Odom and only Odom could make the difference between a win and a loss. You specifically said that now that he's out, that will show the haters how much he is missed. My point was that taking him out proves nothing. His absence doesn't prove that another player's presence wouldn't be as good, if not better, for the team.

Put it this way, if someone suggested that the Lakers should trade Shaq, which was suggested by a few posters the season before it actually happened, you could not point to how the team did without Shaq as evidence that he shouldn't be traded because the pieces that replaced him would not be taking his place in those games.

Last edited by Hector the Pup on Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
thats 7 games if thats true, almost 10 percent of the season

Pretty much on par for Lamar.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Kobster wrote:
Well we definately need to make a trade now. Kobe cannot do this all on his own. Out until after the break??? Thats horrible news. We need help and need it now! This stretch of games could make or break our season.

Who for who? Really, unless the European league is trading guys, we're done. We had some leverage when Artest was available. Odom still had that not-worthless thing, George and Mihm were legitimate backups and Brown was a decent project.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject:

I hope this is not true. We are not a good team without Lamar.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
bounty wrote:
This is not good, for a lot of reasons. But IMO he is being moved, so hopefully for him and his family it is more about that than the injury itself.

Who do you think he's being shopped for?

He thinks its gonna be Frye and Rose. Though, with the trade rules, not sure if that's possible ( to package Rose).

I actually think Frye and Rose wouldn't be a great trade.

Would Seattle take Odom+ George for Lewis and Evans??
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:

We are not a good team with Kobe. We are the WORST team in decades without Kobe. Without Lamar or George or Walton, were about the same as we are with them.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:

We are not a good team with Kobe. We are the WORST team in decades without Kobe. Without Lamar or George or Walton, were about the same as we are with them.

See last year genius.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I think we can win 2 games - maybe 3 more - If they play some sort of team defense.

Kobe will have some sick games and you just know if the team shows up on the D end - they could steal 2-3 games.

But the fact it, right now the biggest weakness isn't on offense. It's defense.

Shotblocking
Rotation
Rebounding

All just really bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject:

SOME PEOPLE might say it's good, but you'll regret saying that once lakers lose more games 'cause they don't have odom
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

I'm starting to see a lot of people who come here as hacks.

Lamar is needed for this team to succeed. No one else on the squad currently can do what he does. Point made.

We are not trading for Pierce.

Rose got traded to the Knicks for an old man.

Artest is in Sac who missed all 20 of their shots in the 4th tonight.

KG is playing with a younger athletic team that is offensively challenged but are playing hard nose defense.

Kobe was doubled w/o the ball tonite. We never saw that when Odom was available.

Stop hating!

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Kobe was constantly doubled without the ball before Odom went down. He never proved to be so much of a threat that the double was being drawn from him.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Actually, Lamar can beat most defenses when Kobe is doubled, but he hasn't quite figured it out yet. We're still better with him out there figuring it out most of the time though.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
Actually, Lamar can beat most defenses when Kobe is doubled, but he hasn't quite figured it out yet. We're still better with him out there figuring it out most of the time though.

Nope. LO cant seem to figure it out. the ball is out of his hands less and less, b/c he cant get it. Problem is he cant score, so now what. Just rebound LO
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Money$hot! wrote:
The good news is someone else will get a chance to step up and score in a major way. Whether it be Bynum, Wafer, Smush, or Mihm.... someone else is going to get a lot of touches and plays ran at them.

Exactly, this will create more opportunities for other players i.e. Kwame, Bynum, and everyone else for that matter.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject:

well according to some people this isnt a big deal.. lamar does nothing.. :roll:
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Odom is key to Kobe being able to score 45 and win this game tonight against the bobcats.

Kobe's TO's go way down
Smush TO's go way down
We get a lot more rebounds and assist
More blocks and steals

The lakers have a sorry team, but Odom should not be grouped with the rest of the team.

15/9/5 is very nice and another good player is all that is necessary. I mean Kwame is the worst bball player I've seen since Samaki. Walton is horrible, Cook has no D so when he cant make shots, he sucks.

Phil needs to play Bynum, he is ready.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: