Lamar out through the All-Star break ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject:

kobe_somebody_odom wrote:
Odom is key to Kobe being able to score 45 and win this game tonight against the bobcats.

Kobe's TO's go way down
Smush TO's go way down
We get a lot more rebounds and assist
More blocks and steals

The lakers have a sorry team, but Odom should not be grouped with the rest of the team.

15/9/5 is very nice and another good player is all that is necessary. I mean Kwame is the worst bball player I've seen since Samaki. Walton is horrible, Cook has no D so when he cant make shots, he sucks.

Phil needs to play Bynum, he is ready.

Throw in Sasha's pinponit outside shooting and Manu-like skills when he takes the ball down the lane.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject:

http://www.1540theticket.com/1540audio/lamar_song.ram
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
Actually, Lamar can beat most defenses when Kobe is doubled, but he hasn't quite figured it out yet. We're still better with him out there figuring it out most of the time though.

He had already figured it out. He has been studying tape all season!

Unfortunately, the tape he was studying was the review of the Zapruder film from Oliver Stone's JFK...

Back, and to the left

Back, and to the left

Back, and to the left

Back, and to the left
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Since the Raptors have suddenly created cap space, do you guys think they might want Odom? Might wok well with Bosh. Charlie V. + Mike James + salary throwins for Odom + Miami Pick.

We would need a trade to get rid of Slava and Mckie to get the roster space. There are a lot of possibilities for trade. Odom must go, not because he's a bad player but because we have no other option.
MrLaker83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
MrLaker83 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
MrLaker83 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
MrLaker83 wrote:
I guess we will finally get to see just how much lamar means to this team. Maybe this stretch will put all you odom haters in your place!

Unless the Lakers are allowed to actually put one of the players that the so-called Odom haters would trade him for in his place while Lamar is out, it means nothing.

All this stretch can do is prove that Odom is better than nothing, which, for the most part, is an accurate statement.

So you mean to tell me that if we end up going something like 2-8 while he is out it means nothing!

You're saying that his absence will prove that he is needed and should not be traded. Basically that if he was traded for whoever, the results would be the same.

So, in this case, his absence does absolutely nothing for your argument.

Capice?

As you can see by what happened tonight, odom is needed. We couldn't beat a team that had lost 13 games in a row. We gave up over a hundred to one of the worst teams in the league. My arguement never stated anything about whether I felt another player could help this team more than odom can. I don't know how many times I have seen posts with people completely trashing odom calling him a straight up bad player. And I'm sorry if I dont agree with that, the guy can play, and whether you wanna accept it or not he is a big reason why we win games. It just amazes me how people are so quick to point the finger at a player for going through a short slump.

Odom wasn't needed, just a second option. Noone is denying that he can play. It's just that other could contribute just as much if not more.

Your original post (it's in this post, in case you missed it) suggested that Odom and only Odom could make the difference between a win and a loss. You specifically said that now that he's out, that will show the haters how much he is missed. My point was that taking him out proves nothing. His absence doesn't prove that another player's presence wouldn't be as good, if not better, for the team.

Put it this way, if someone suggested that the Lakers should trade Shaq, which was suggested by a few posters the season before it actually happened, you could not point to how the team did without Shaq as evidence that he shouldn't be traded because the pieces that replaced him would not be taking his place in those games.

Actually I didn't miss it, you must have. I never once mentioned anything about another player being able to contribute more or less than odom, that is the point that you brought up. I was merely suggesting (in my original post) that odom is a central piece to this laker team's puzzle. No one denies that if we had a KG for instance, he would be able to contribute more and fit in better with the team. However, the lakers have odom not a KG or an Artest or whoever you think would fit this team better. I just can't stand fair-weather fans who like pointing fingers at players that currently help our team to wins. So instead of complaining, why don't you try to be a little more optimistic?

This topic is getting exhausting, so why don't we just agree to disagre?
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject:

BTW, Artest had 20/7/4/4 today.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject:

Ank wrote:
BTW, Artest had 20/7/4/4 today.

Too bad they couldn't score a FG in the 4th and lost the game.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject:

MrLaker83 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
MrLaker83 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
MrLaker83 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
MrLaker83 wrote:
I guess we will finally get to see just how much lamar means to this team. Maybe this stretch will put all you odom haters in your place!

Unless the Lakers are allowed to actually put one of the players that the so-called Odom haters would trade him for in his place while Lamar is out, it means nothing.

All this stretch can do is prove that Odom is better than nothing, which, for the most part, is an accurate statement.

So you mean to tell me that if we end up going something like 2-8 while he is out it means nothing!

You're saying that his absence will prove that he is needed and should not be traded. Basically that if he was traded for whoever, the results would be the same.

Capice?

As you can see by what happened tonight, odom is needed. We couldn't beat a team that had lost 13 games in a row. We gave up over a hundred to one of the worst teams in the league. My arguement never stated anything about whether I felt another player could help this team more than odom can. I don't know how many times I have seen posts with people completely trashing odom calling him a straight up bad player. And I'm sorry if I dont agree with that, the guy can play, and whether you wanna accept it or not he is a big reason why we win games. It just amazes me how people are so quick to point the finger at a player for going through a short slump.

Odom wasn't needed, just a second option. Noone is denying that he can play. It's just that other could contribute just as much if not more.

Your original post (it's in this post, in case you missed it) suggested that Odom and only Odom could make the difference between a win and a loss. You specifically said that now that he's out, that will show the haters how much he is missed. My point was that taking him out proves nothing. His absence doesn't prove that another player's presence wouldn't be as good, if not better, for the team.

Put it this way, if someone suggested that the Lakers should trade Shaq, which was suggested by a few posters the season before it actually happened, you could not point to how the team did without Shaq as evidence that he shouldn't be traded because the pieces that replaced him would not be taking his place in those games.

Actually I didn't miss it, you must have. I never once mentioned anything about another player being able to contribute more or less than odom, that is the point that you brought up. I was merely suggesting (in my original post) that odom is a central piece to this laker team's puzzle. No one denies that if we had a KG for instance, he would be able to contribute more and fit in better with the team. However, the lakers have odom not a KG or an Artest or whoever you think would fit this team better. I just can't stand fair-weather fans who like pointing fingers at players that currently help our team to wins. So instead of complaining, why don't you try to be a little more optimistic?

You expressed joy in Odom being injured because in some perverted way you thought it supported your arguments and proved those who dislike Odom wrong.

Odom is a central piece in the current Lakers puzzle, but those who are eager to see him traded simply see him as the wrong piece. He might fit in another puzzle, but he doesn't fit in this one. He does not have the skills that a second option on this team with this offense requires.

It's not about hate. You can just as easily argue that Kwame isn't pulling his weight. Thing is, Kwame can be gone after this season as an expiring contract or simply gone altogether after next season while Odom is expected to be the #2 guy. Unfortunately, he exhibits nothing that suggests he is capable of getting the job done and he is under contract for a few more years.

It has nothing to do with being optimistic. It has nothing to do with complaining.

Don't you dare call me a fair weather fan and do not even try and sweep that crap under the 'agree to disagree' copout rug. I will not tolerate it.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject:

It's clowns who don't understand basketball or the Tri who keep talking about 2nd scoring options. As one player, Lamar contributes in so many ways its ridiculous.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
It's clowns who don't understand basketball or the Tri who keep talking about 2nd scoring options. As one player, Lamar contributes in so many ways its ridiculous.

Baylor/West
Pippen/Jordan
Shaq/Kobe

Of course, I never said 2nd SCORING option, just a 2nd option overall.

SAR contributes in so many ways on the Kings, just like he did on the Blazers and Hawks too.

Shall we continue, or do you just want to honk the horn on your nose and go home?
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject:

SAR is not even close to the player that Lamar is...I'm sorry.

And I wanted SAR all offseason, but Lamar is one of the best players in the league.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:

And I wanted SAR all offseason, but Lamar is one of the best players in the league.

Odom >> SAR, however, Odom is not one of the best players in the league. He's definately not Top10, so if one of the best players in the league to you means top 30, then yeah, I guess.
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:

You two days ago: "I'm not an expert on the triangle offense".

Even worse, you said this a week before the above comment: "I think Kristic would make an excellent triangle PF".

LMAO.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:

Wow.

I thought he told you that he won't stop.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject:

He is.

Seeya in 2 weeks troll.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
He is.

Seeya in 2 weeks troll.

Didn't know you were the new mod?

I've been around this site way longer than you have, so I'm not quite sure where you're getting the idea that I am a) a troll and b) a fake identity of KA_2, whom I'm sure hasn't been around as long as I have.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
Actually, Lamar can beat most defenses when Kobe is doubled, but he hasn't quite figured it out yet. We're still better with him out there figuring it out most of the time though.

Unfortunately, the tape he was studying was the review of the Zapruder film from Oliver Stone's JFK...

Back, and to the left

Back, and to the left

Back, and to the left

Back, and to the left

Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
MrLaker83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
MrLaker83 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
MrLaker83 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
MrLaker83 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
MrLaker83 wrote:

Capice?

You expressed joy in Odom being injured because in some perverted way you thought it supported your arguments and proved those who dislike Odom wrong.

Odom is a central piece in the current Lakers puzzle, but those who are eager to see him traded simply see him as the wrong piece. He might fit in another puzzle, but he doesn't fit in this one. He does not have the skills that a second option on this team with this offense requires.

It's not about hate. You can just as easily argue that Kwame isn't pulling his weight. Thing is, Kwame can be gone after this season as an expiring contract or simply gone altogether after next season while Odom is expected to be the #2 guy. Unfortunately, he exhibits nothing that suggests he is capable of getting the job done and he is under contract for a few more years.

It has nothing to do with being optimistic. It has nothing to do with complaining.

Don't you dare call me a fair weather fan and do not even try and sweep that crap under the 'agree to disagree' copout rug. I will not tolerate it.

Sounds like i hit a nerve. Honestly though, I really don't care what you will or "will not tolerate." If you don't want to be called that, stop acting like one! This will be my last post on this topic, but feel free to keep it going if you feel your point still hasn't been made!
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Did anyone actually notice that it said could be, not necessarily would be?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject:

hig wrote:
Did anyone actually notice that it said could be, not necessarily would be?

Yes.

I have yet to see any confirmation that he's out until ASB.

I think he might be back in 3-4 games time. Especially during the 3 game homestand going into the break.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject:

iml84myd8s wrote:
That figures. We have courtside seats for the Hornets game tomorrow in OKC. I could not wait to rip into Odom for being such a worthless piece of $#!&.

I guess now Odom will have to hear my two cents as he sits on the bench. What a waste of $13 million cap money!

At least Mr. 81 will be in the house. Kobe has a better chance of getting a "W" without Odom jacking up 20% from the field.

We can all only hope someone punches you in the head. Your role it to encourage, not harass the team. Further proof you are a troll, and should be banned.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:

Back, and to the left

Back, and to the left

Back, and to the left

Back, and to the left

All Odom does is run into players. You think with his versatility he can get around them and do a spin move here or there.

Ank wrote:
Since the Raptors have suddenly created cap space, do you guys think they might want Odom? Might wok well with Bosh. Charlie V. + Mike James + salary throwins for Odom + Miami Pick.

We would need a trade to get rid of Slava and Mckie to get the roster space. There are a lot of possibilities for trade. Odom must go, not because he's a bad player but because we have no other option.

ROFL Bosh? Never. Charlie one of the better rookies, a scoring PG and others? Not even a consideration. They wanted Rose out fast because they wanted cap space to keep Bosh and Mike James.
pawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject:

You guys can go at it back and forth all you please. Not a single word you drop is going to even remotely justify Odom's OUTRAGEOUS contract. So stop trying.

Most of you Odom jockers are completely missing the point from the supposed haters. I don't hate Lamar, and, I don't think most of his critics here hate him either. But, for what the passive, impossibly inconsistent LO brings to our team, there's no way on this planet he earns his keep on our roster. Cut that insane contract in half - now we're talking. It is just that simple.

Does LO have value to our team? Absolutely he does. Does his value match up to the MASSIVE chunk of our salary cap that he's sucking up like a friggin black hole? Not even close..

Last edited by pawn on Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:

As evidenced last night, we miss Odom most on the boards when he's out.

I don't buy into this being "about him being moved," that's a serious stretch.

If we were moving him, we'd want to showcase him, certainly not have
him stuck with some phantom injury.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject:

This is the sinking feeling I got in the middle of last season. Hopefully, the Lakers can turn things around.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: