#NBArank 91-100: Kobe checks in at No. 93
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject:

My problem is not so much with the ranking as it is with the video clip in which Abbot blatantly states that even in his prime when Kobe was "supposedly the 3rd best player in the league" (doesn't even give him enough respect to say he was THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE) the "analystics actually indicate that he was closer to being the 5th best player in the league".

This f*cking guy....
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
My problem is not so much with the ranking as it is with the video clip in which Abbot blatantly states that even in his prime when Kobe was "supposedly the 3rd best player in the league" (doesn't even give him enough respect to say he was THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE) the "analystics actually indicate that he was closer to being the 5th best player in the league".

This f*cking guy....

Abbott's perennial misuse of "analytics" is ghastly. Can't stand him.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:

This f*cking guy....

I hate that clown disrespecting Kobe like that that's uncalled for.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Kobe being ranked number 93 in the league?

Eh. I don't agree, but the answer is simple. Play great, and prove em wrong.

ZOOM!!!
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Batguano wrote:

This f*cking guy....

He's not only an idiot and can't use analytics correctly but he is a blatant Lakers/Kobe hater. The dude has ran and re-ran the same (bleep) article on Kobe and how he's not clutch at least 5 different times in the past 8-10 years.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

He's not only an idiot and can't use analytics correctly but he is a blatant Lakers/Kobe hater. The dude has ran and re-ran the same (bleep) article on Kobe and how he's not clutch at least 5 different times in the past 8-10 years.

Yeah, to me that was the real troll by ESPN, not the ranking in itself...which I can see people having because of questions about health and availability -- the big question mark we all have for Kobe this season.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
My thing is once Lebron starts to decline or once he suffers a serious injury they should not stop this ranking BS and they should rank him appropriately.

They'd give him the benefit of the doubt, with that decreasing each year, much like they have Kobe and other declining stars. It makes sense, but Kobe's pre-season rankings have been significantly ahead of where his actual ranking would have been.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject:

ah crap, kobe ball coming up.

heat check on his first attempt
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Batguano wrote:

This f*cking guy....

I tweet the video of the Kobe oop to Shaq against the Blazers in the WCF to Abbott every once in a while.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
My thing is once Lebron starts to decline or once he suffers a serious injury they should not stop this ranking BS and they should rank him appropriately.

Won't they? Theyve never shied away from dumping on LeBron when he was down.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Batguano wrote:

This f*cking guy....

I tweet the video of the Kobe oop to Shaq against the Blazers in the WCF to Abbott every once in a while.

I've mentioned this before, but a few years ago he tweeted that Bynum told him that Kobe didn't pass him the ball during crunch time, to which I retorted, "Bynum doesn't even play in crunch time, the Lakers close out games with Lamar & Pau."

Which was 100% true.

And then he started DMing me about how he had this conversation with Bynum in Orlando and that's what he told him. Which still didn't answer the problem that it was Odom & Pau who closed out games, but he continued to insist. It was weird getting a DM from that dude.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Wishin they could erase this "greatness"
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KKJmSYaC8E

Wishin they could erase this "greatness"

They can't, the Lakers front office really messed up

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject:

At least Jalen Rose and SAS came out and basically said they are glad they weren't included in this because ESPN are a bunch of morons, so at least a few people in the media get the bias going on.

Yea that was histarical when Abbot said even when Kobe was like the 3rd best player ( you mean best player for about 12-15 years right abbott) it was more like the 5th best hahahaha.
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm sorry but there isn't 50 players better than Kobe let alone 92.

Last edited by Nightwalker on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
I'm sorry but there isn't 92 players better than Kobe let alone 50.

I think you have that backwards.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't Steven A. apoplectic when they rated him so low last season? "Oops, I did it again."

Last edited by greenfrog on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
I'm sorry but there isn't 92 players better than Kobe let alone 50.

I think you have that backwards.

Lol well played.
tolivendiewithLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:
At least Jalen Rose and SAS came out and basically said they are glad they weren't included in this because ESPN are a bunch of morons, so at least a few people in the media get the bias going on.

Yea that was histarical when Abbot said even when Kobe was like the 3rd best player ( you mean best player for about 12-15 years right abbott) it was more like the 5th best hahahaha.

What's even funnier about what Abbott said is he used win shares and wins as a barometer to show Kobe's true on court value for that 5th best ranking. Umm Kobe's the winningest player since he entered the league Abbott. Forget Duncan never missing the playoffs, Kobe has 5 Titles and 7 Conference Titles that's the most winning of any NBA player since he entered the league. Not to mention I love that reddit breakdown showing Kobe has had the toughest playoff schedule yet still 5 and 7 knocking out 24 50 win teams the most of any player ever.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject:

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:

What's even funnier about what Abbott said is he used win shares and wins as a barometer to show Kobe's true on court value for that 5th best ranking. Umm Kobe's the winningest player since he entered the league Abbott. Forget Duncan never missing the playoffs, Kobe has 5 Titles and 7 Conference Titles that's the most winning of any NBA player since he entered the league. Not to mention I love that reddit breakdown showing Kobe has had the toughest playoff schedule yet still 5 and 7 knocking out 24 50 win teams the most of any player ever.

It is, it's laughable. and its because of the clear bias that ESPN has that Kobes fan base IS the way that it is and will defend their guy, because he's the greatest player of the last 20 years and he gets crapped on constantly. When he's talked about as being one of the best ever it's almost as an afterthought. Like "yea I know Kobe is one of the best ever... But..."

There's also this idea that a Kobe fan can't be a Laker fan. I am very strongly both things. I just know what Kobe means to this franchise and know how good he is - I appreciate what he still brings to the table. I don't think the Lakers are better without him, at least not yet.
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject:

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:

Kobe is one of most hated disliked athletes ever by ESPN and other sports outlets which is extremely sad and disrespectful towards one of the greats of the game. MJ was never once treated this way in his career he was golden child everyone loved MJ nobody had bad word to say or write hateful articles about him but when comes to Kobe it's cool thing to hate on calling him selfish, egomaniac, bad teammate, etc. Kobe has that Barry Bonds relationship with most of the media which is too bad.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:

It is, it's laughable. and its because of the clear bias that ESPN has that Kobes fan base IS the way that it is and will defend their guy, because he's the greatest player of the last 20 years and he gets crapped on constantly. When he's talked about as being one of the best ever it's almost as an afterthought. Like "yea I know Kobe is one of the best ever... But..."

There's also this idea that a Kobe fan can't be a Laker fan. I am very strongly both things. I just know what Kobe means to this franchise and know how good he is - I appreciate what he still brings to the table. I don't think the Lakers are better without him, at least not yet.

Kobe is one of greatest sports athletes ever and one of best winners in any sport. I can't remember to life of me any athlete with his kind of resume and accomplishments getting treated this way. I think ever since Shaq feud and Eagle, Colorado situation Kobe been public enemy #1 the bad guy. I sometimes wonder if Kobe and MJ switched places how they would be treated today.
tolivendiewithLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:

Oh don't buy into that BS, it was drummed up by non-Laker fans. Pretty much every friend, everyone I know who grew up a Lakers fan is a Kobe fan. You only find those weird Laker fan yet non-Kobe fans on the internet.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject:

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:

Oh don't buy into that BS, it was drummed up by non-Laker fans. Pretty much every friend, everyone I know who grew up a Lakers fan is a Kobe fan. You only find those weird Laker fan yet non-Kobe fans on the internet.

Well during early 2000's Kobe vs. Shaq feud was fresh in LA some of the fans picked a side and stayed with that player while bad mouthing the other not all Lakers fans did this but some. I remember this happening it's still fresh in my mind today.
tolivendiewithLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:

Well during early 2000's Kobe vs. Shaq feud was fresh in LA some of the fans picked a side and stayed with that player while bad mouthing the other not all Lakers fans did this but some. I remember this happening it's still fresh in my mind today.

It's funny I was gonna put that in my post but decided not to. Yes that happened, but pretty much all those people eventually came around. Some were just Shaq guys which was fine, I had some friends who were Shaq guys, but they got over it and were rockin their Kobe jerseys again pretty quick. It's different then that narrative you can't be a huge Kobe fan and Laker fan, like those Celtics fans who didn't like Bird ; )
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: