latest ESPN article on Kobe
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: latest ESPN article on Kobe

LINK

this is what i'm afraid of, Buss family is so conscious about short term TV ratings, refuse to go through any kind of rebuild while trying desperately hanging onto Kobe regardless of his asking price.

P.S. couldn't get the URL link pasted correctly, feel free to help, thanks ((FIXED - JMK))
JayLida
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject:

PLEASE dont click the link or open it in your browser. Holmes is a flat idiot. I am sick and tired of all this BS about Kobe. Whats interesting to me is why are so many haters concerned about Kobe and the Lakers to begin with.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject:

JayLida wrote:
PLEASE dont click the link or open it in your browser. Holmes is a flat idiot. I am sick and tired of all this BS about Kobe. Whats interesting to me is why are so many haters concerned about Kobe and the Lakers to begin with.

Largest fan base and largest hater base means lots of clicks. Thanks for the heads up, I didn't click.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject:

Would be nice to not post ESPN crap in here. Just my opinion.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject:

I clicked it. If you don't want people to read it and discuss, don't post about it. Good god what is the big deal here?

The gist of the article is absolutely correct.

We're in a world of poop, the super stinky kind, if Kobe wants to come back and play for 5 more years at $20M per year or more.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject:

I agree with the idea of not clicking on it, but honestly guys, I don't think espn cares one way or the other.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

Here's the concluding paragraph of the article:

Quote:
Setting themselves free of Bryant is an inevitable, albeit difficult, step forward on the Lakers' path to becoming contenders again, even if seeing him go might be a harsh reality for the franchise and for Lakers fans who want Kobe Bryant to wear purple and gold forever.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13815620/losangeles-lakers-the-kobe-bryant-issue
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I clicked it. If you don't want people to read it and discuss, don't post about it. Good god what is the big deal here?

We're in a world of poop, the super stinky kind, if Kobe wants to come back and play for 5 more years at $20M per year or more.

and if you think Buss family wouldn't give in, you better think again. they don't know basketball, they thought all bball fans only watch the game when star plays, has nothing to do with win-loss
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Kind of ridiculous to assume that this would happen IMO. I know we're talking about Kobe, but he's not delusional enough to expect that from the Lakers much less ask for it. I like what I've seen from Kobe so far this preseason in terms of not dominating the ball and taking smart shots for the most part. If he continues with that trend and can remain healthy, I would love to see him back beyond this season...at a reasonable price tag of course.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Quote:
Setting themselves free of Bryant is an inevitable, albeit difficult, step forward on the Lakers' path to becoming contenders again, even if seeing him go might be a harsh reality for the franchise and for Lakers fans who want Kobe Bryant to wear purple and gold forever.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13815620/losangeles-lakers-the-kobe-bryant-issue

If Kobe plays the way he did last season, then I agree. However, if he shows a willingness to play an efficient and measured game that still allows our youngsters to have their opportunities to shine, then I don't agree that contention can't happen with Kobe still on the squad. That remains to be see of course, but as a Lakers fan, I will choose to withhold judgment until I see how this season plays out.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

Every year espn with same BS.

Holmes is the same MF that covered celtics before us.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject:

ESPN has the same 3-4 articles about Kobe recycled every year. It's either about his contract, his personality rubbing players the wrong way, how he's not clutch, etc.
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject:

i didn't even click this garbage. Why do you guys keep posting this bait.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

If Kobe plays the way he did last season, then I agree. However, if he shows a willingness to play an efficient and measured game that still allows our youngsters to have their opportunities to shine, then I don't agree that contention can't happen with Kobe still on the squad. That remains to be see of course, but as a Lakers fan, I will choose to withhold judgment until I see how this season plays out.

I tend to not click on RF posts about obe for the same reason I don't click on the clickbait links like this one...
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is 37, not 38, and in his 20th season, not his 21st. Great journalism.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Who in the hell cares what those jackasses say or think.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

I tend to not click on RF posts about obe for the same reason I don't click on the clickbait links like this one...

How does one click on any post?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
24 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

Like this!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

Kobe has already said he is not willing to play in a role player capacity nor take a pay cut. So I don't know if he was lying, but sure, a part of me hopes he was just trying to be macho as he often does because I too, would love to see him stay here in a role player's Paul Pierce type capacity.

That said, the point of the article is valid. If Kobe expresses a desire to return, it presents a huge dilemma for the franchise.

Do you retain Kobe at ANY cost? Or do you draw a hard line in the sand?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject:

It's strange to me that there are Lakers fans that dislike Kobe.
He's been with the Lakers two decades.
Dominated the league for over half that time, wearing purple and gold.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
It's strange to me that there are Laker fans that dislike Kobe.

I think to some degree there are those guys, but don't discount the "devil's advocate", yank some chains motivation either...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
24 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

Like this!

Well, apparently you don't practice what you preach.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
24 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

Like this!

Well, apparently you don't practice what you preach.

Since you like semantics, "tend not to" is not the same as "never"
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
It's strange to me that there are Laker fans that dislike Kobe.

I think to some degree there are those guys, but don't discount the "devil's advocate", yank some chains motivation either...

True. Though, for everyone one of those, there are like 10 oversensitive types who consider any statement that is non-glowing, to be contempt.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

Kobe has already said he is not willing to play in a role player capacity nor take a pay cut. So I don't know if he was lying, but sure, a part of me hopes he was just trying to be macho as he often does because I too, would love to see him stay here in a role player's Paul Pierce type capacity.

That said, the point of the article is valid. If Kobe expresses a desire to return, it presents a huge dilemma for the franchise.

Do you retain Kobe at ANY cost? Or do you draw a hard line in the sand?

Of course you have to draw the line in the sand. I haven't really thought about the numbers too much, but I don't think I'd want the Lakers to go over $10M. Going forward, the Lakers also shouldn't offer anything more than 1 year deals. They can do a 1 year deal for 2016-17. If Kobe is still good to go for 2017-18, then they can do another 1 year deal.

As for Kobe being a roleplayer, that's not going to happen this year because we don't have a lot of proven talent on the roster. That doesn't mean that I don't expect him to be efficient and play better team ball. If the Lakers were to get Durant or if any of youngsters really uses this season to springboard into the leading man role in 2016-17, then I don't think Kobe will have problems letting that person be the primary scorer on the team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10
Jump to: