latest ESPN article on Kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
novadolla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject:

LOL, think about it, they're pretty much saying that there are 92 other players in this league who are better than the mamba. LMFAO Whoever wrote the article is a big time troll.

Last edited by novadolla on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Voices wrote:

It is a personal opinion poll, at least if you say it's analytics it would have some credibility, instead a poll taken by bias ESPN poll takers /Kobe dis likers. It's a big BS poll. It is not an exercise, it's an act of futility.

If I felt that way, I wouldn't waste my time taking part in a thread to discuss the poll.

What else is there to do at 11pm
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Voices wrote:

Ranking players is subjective, either by computer/analytics or by expert opinion. Information given by computers can be misleading, who inputted the data, however a human spitting out information/opinion is what it is.

Of course it's subjective. If it wasn't subjective, it would hardly be worth talking about. The subjectivity is what makes it fun! Seriously, if this stuff isn't fun for you, I can't imagine why you would bother with it. Because these polls provide no other purpose than fun and entertainment.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Voices wrote:

It is a personal opinion poll, at least if you say it's analytics it would have some credibility, instead a poll taken by bias ESPN poll takers /Kobe dis likers. It's a big BS poll. It is not an exercise, it's an act of futility.

If I felt that way, I wouldn't waste my time taking part in a thread to discuss the poll.

That's fine. I just find complaining about the existance of the poll boring. So if that's the best you can do, you'll have to find someone else to play with because your whining is making my eyes glaze over.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Voices wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Voices wrote:

That's fine. I just find complaining about the existance of the poll boring. So if that's the best you can do, you'll have to find someone else to play with because your whining is making my eyes glaze over.

I try to add humor and your eyes glaze over, hope your OK.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Voices wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Voices wrote:

I try to add humor and your eyes glaze over, hope your OK.

No worries. Just get tired of generic whining about these types of things. Sounds like there's no substance here, just vamping, so let's move on. Cheers.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Voices wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Voices wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Voices wrote:
To our analytics Lakers fans on LG, is a healthy Kobe 93 best player?

The 93rd ranking wraps in people's prediction of how healthy he'll stay. So if you assume Kobe is healthy this year it would cause the ranking to go up, probably a lot. Because of that it's not relevant to ask "is a healthy Kobe 93 best player?"

The point is Kobe is healthy, he should be ranked as a healthy Kobe, not how healthy he will stay.

You're missing the point of the poll. It was a prediction of how well players would perform, and how healthy they would stay, for the entire 2015-16 season.

Predictions are like opinions....... yes, everyone has one.
What happened to analytics? Who cares about human opinion, right? Nobody has a right to predict a players physical future, except a physical future expert or a Dr.

The ESPN poll is a prediction of the quantity and quality of players performance in the upcoming season. If you find such predictive exercises of no value, I don't understand why you are spending your time on a thread like this discussing the predictive exercise.

except that the article states they did use analytics - and if they'd only based it on the analytics, Kobe would have been rated more like 163rd. Instead, their "opinions" that you've dismissed as being biased, really boosted Kobe's ratings by 70 spots or so.

"This ranking puts him much higher than advanced stats suggest. For instance, if you look at real plus-minus, which includes both offense and defense, and factor in how many minutes he's likely to play, those stats project that he'll be about the 163rd-most valuable player this year. He's projected to add only about two wins this season to the Lakers' total. Our voters decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and move him up to 93rd."
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
chicksrealfirstname
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject:

novadolla wrote:
LOL, think about it, they're pretty much saying that there are 92 other players in this league who are better than the mamba. LMFAO Whoever wrote the article is a big time troll.

Wanna revisit this opinion?
chicksrealfirstname
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
So then by their logic Paul George would be ranked 145th right?

And Derrick Rose should be 130th?

See they always mess up when they try to act like this isn't 'standard' to Kobe.

But look where Derrick Rose is ranked, and look where Paul George is ranked.

Then look at ESPN with the "how dumb do you think fans are." face.

They only do it to Kobe because it will get them clicks, and that is why Baxter does this because people will actually care who he is for about a week.

This thread is comedy gold. People wonder why I'm okay with Kobe finally retiring as a Lakers fan.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject:

did you really have to go dredge up a thread from 7 months ago just so you could use it to poke fun at some of the overly emotional Kobe fans?

Kobe's retiring in 2 weeks. Let it go.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject:

troll banned
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: