Matt Barnes Confronts Derek Fisher For Dating Ex-Wife
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Last edited by Lowest Merion on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Sorry Fish, but you dont date your ex-teammate's ex

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Pics of Barnes' ex:
http://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/The-Wedding-Ringer-Movie-Premiere-January-2015-BellaNaija0014.jpg

http://www.hawtcelebs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/GLORIA-GOVAN-at-The-Wedding-Ringer-Premiere-in-Hollywood-5.jpg

...ummm... forget what I said. *high five*

This is LA though, girls like that are a dime a dozen....
For a rich guy like D-Fish he can get the pick of the litter, except he goes for his former friend/teammates ex.....
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject:

January 16th is the first game between the Knicks and Grizz (I'm sure I wasn't the only one checking for this lol). Just imagine if the Knicks were blown out (which isn't hard to imagine) and Barnes had a big game and was taunting Fish? Should be very entertaining.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
January 16th is the first game between the Knicks and Grizz (I'm sure I wasn't the only one checking for this lol). Just imagine if the Knicks were blown out (which isn't hard to imagine) and Barnes had a big game and was taunting Fish? Should be very entertaining.

Nobody cares cuz Barnes has his fake tough guy act going...what is he gonna do? Score 0 points again?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
You don't date your old teammates ex wife.

Actually, you don't get to give a (bleep) who dates your ex-wife. She's your ex.

Move on (bleep).
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject:

there's no way to justify this. That's just CRAZY behavior. He had 95 full miles to think about it and calm himself down. From what I saw, Barnes was the one who filed for divorce and he was the one bragging about his supposed Rihanna connection before she shot him down. His ex is supposed to be celibate for him? the guy who filed divorce papers against her? for exactly... how long? Again, just totally CRAZY behavior by Matt, people like that are always feeling "slighted" by somebody so this obviously won't be the last "incident" he'll have. He'll probably end up in jail when his playing days are over, he can hang out w/Aaron Hernandez.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Tony Parker and Shannon Brown approves.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject:

anyone got photos?
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

Fisher to Barnes: "I played more minutes last night than you did tonight!"
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Barnes is an idiot, and not just because Fisher would beat his ass into the ground if it really did come to a fight. Fisher is strong as hell, while Barnes is only good taking the occasional cheap shot.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
mbright wrote:
It's the EX-wife. what's the fuss with Matt?

Maybe his mentality is friends don't date friend's ex-girl or ex-wife.

This

agreed... but maybe Fish just didn't think so highly of Matt Barnes that he just had to break that man code.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:20 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:

Actually, you don't get to give a (bleep) who dates your ex-wife. She's your ex.

Move on (bleep).

Have to agree. You want to keep her from dating other men, don't get divorced.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:

Am I missing something? isn't Tony Parker married?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:41 am    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:

Am I missing something? isn't Tony Parker married?

He had a relationship with Brent Barry's (ex)wife.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject:

shnxx wrote:
I've never really liked Fisher that much as a player other than his clutch playoff performance a couple of years (one during three-peat and one during his comeback).

Honestly this is a pretty despicable thing to do to someone you're friends with (if they were friends).

Just because they played on a basketball team together a few years ago, I don't assume they are friends. I've worked with a lot of people who aren't friends. So I don't see anything wrong with a guy dating a woman whose been separated a year just because she was married to a former co-worker.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject:

This use to drive me crazy in college. Fraternity bros jacking their bros girls when they broke up or separated. Pretty pathetic Fish.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject:

I'm not surprised by Matt I am by Derek. I'm Ol School, you don't date a friends ex. I thought Derek was more Ol School.

I think the headline Matt Barnes drove 95 miles to ‘beat the s–t’ out of Derek Fisher may have been embellished, Derek is a Pitt Bull. This article gives a little light to that assumption. LINK

Quote:
A source close to Fisher confirmed the fight, but insisted it wasn’t as one-sided as Barnes claimed.
“Matt came after Derek, but he only had a few scratches,” the source said.

Matt spitting in his ex wife's face is unacceptable behavior. As for Derek, I don't think you should date a friends ex wife, girlfriend but that's my opinion.

Side note: I know it shouldn't, probably doesn't, play a role but Derek presented a very religious personality. That's why I was surprised by his dating a friends ex.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm not surprised by Matt I am by Derek. I'm Ol School, you don't date a friends ex. I thought Derek was more Ol School.

I think the headline Matt Barnes drove 95 miles to ‘beat the s–t’ out of Derek Fisher may have been embellished, Derek is a Pitt Bull. This article gives a little light to that assumption. LINK

Quote:
A source close to Fisher confirmed the fight, but insisted it wasn’t as one-sided as Barnes claimed.
“Matt came after Derek, but he only had a few scratches,” the source said.

Matt spitting in his ex wife's face is unacceptable behavior. As for Derek, I don't think you should date a friends ex wife, girlfriend but that's my opinion.

Side note: I know it shouldn't, probably doesn't, play a role but Derek presented a very religious personality. That's why I was surprised by his dating a friends ex.

That 'religious personality' dumped his wife this year. Just saying...
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
shnxx wrote:
I've never really liked Fisher that much as a player other than his clutch playoff performance a couple of years (one during three-peat and one during his comeback).

Honestly this is a pretty despicable thing to do to someone you're friends with (if they were friends).

Just because they played on a basketball team together a few years ago, I don't assume they are friends. I've worked with a lot of people who aren't friends. So I don't see anything wrong with a guy dating a woman whose been separated a year just because she was married to a former co-worker.

It goes without saying that we're dealing with consenting adults who weren't otherwise involved in relationships with other people and they're free to do whatever they want. However, I don't think being a teammate for 2 years is akin to other jobs. You're with each other in close proximity, working in tandem almost all the time. You're traveling together, on the plane together, in hotels, at every practice, every game, getting treatment, etc. It's pretty close, even if you aren't best buds. The NBA is a pretty small community, and it probably wasn't the best judgment to a) get involved with one of those Basketball Wives personalities and b) get involved with one of your old teammates exes.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
How do these same couple of chicken heads manage to move from athlete to athlete? I swear it must be a gift.

I'll never understand it. You're an NBA athlete with access to a talent pool the rest of us can only dream of, and you go for the same girl that another NBA dude was with?

Maybe Colorado is an explanation for that?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Not a good look, Fisher.

As has been stated and re-stated, Fish has hundreds of thousands of women to choose from if he's looking to have a bonfire. Filed with his wife in March and in October, he's in his former teammate's house making s'mores?

I obviously think Matt responded foolishly but I understand his being upset.

For such a stand-up guy, that's pretty weak.

Me too, a feeling of being inadequate while Fish seemingly isn't so the next step is to show you are the tougher guy since you have already shown you aren't man enough for the woman. Barnes has the brain of a 15-yeaar old.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
How do these same couple of chicken heads manage to move from athlete to athlete? I swear it must be a gift.

Usually a noteworthy booty is said gift. There are few other ass-ets a woman can have that can propel them to fortune more than a great ass.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrs937NTcQ1r346l4o1_500.gif

Last edited by non-player zealot on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I'll never understand it. You're an NBA athlete with access to a talent pool the rest of us can only dream of, and you go for the same girl that another NBA dude was with?

Maybe Colorado is an explanation for that?

Leave it to you too inject Kobe. SMH

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:

Move on (bleep).

Exactly. I dated my friend's ex and he had no issues with it, she was his ex for a reason.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Usually a noteworthy booty is said gift. There are few other ass-ets a woman can have that can propel them to fortune more than a great ass.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrs937NTcQ1r346l4o1_500.gif

It's said "Money is the root of all evil" I say money comes in second.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13
Jump to: