***OFFICIAL LAKERS VS CHARLOTTE GAME THREAD*** (TAPE DELAY)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
there's no reason for blame - it takes time to rebuild - took 12 years to get from 88 to 2000

I'd take Rush and Jones over Green, Wafer and the two future picks anyday of the week with this team...
lakersfan4life69
Star Player
Star Player

obviously, number 8 is here to solely sell tickets and keep fans intrigued with his huge games. i mean, if he's average, the lakers have a tough time beating anyone.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

emplay wrote:
there's no reason for blame - it takes time to rebuild - took 12 years to get from 88 to 2000

Yep, thats what has kept me grounded and in reality with this team, knowing how difficult it is too win championships. And that was another reason the ron artest move was hard too swallow because , even though we all love bynum , its foolish in way too say we'll give up maybe 1-2 tittles for the *possiblity* of greatness and more championships. But it is what it is, and like i've said jus enjoy the kobe bryant show this next 1 1/2 years because were not going too see it again.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject:

NO other team in the L has a Kobe Bryant on their squad. There is not excuse for signing two consecutive MLE's who barely even played. There's no excuse for trading team players like JJ for nothing, but re-singing Luke. Those kinds of moves may not seem like much, but they do add up. Games like this are the sum of M.K.'s idiocy.

Jake Speed, 1986
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

good night all, i refuse to let this spoil the rest of my evening.

screw this.
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

emplay wrote:
Odom is a good initiator - better than most options - and it's a very complicated position. Who else can LA get right now to initiate?

Kobe's getting the ball tonight just like he always does. It doesn't matter who's passing it to him because the doubles going to come anyway forcing Kobe to pass it just like tonight. Unless your trying to tell me Odom will hit those outside shots........
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Why don't we make deals and get players like Evans and Eric Williams who can be had for Slava and 2nd round pick and Trade Exception, and a second round pick.
lakersfan4life69
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject:

this is all i can say about the lakers and their current state: vlade divac/aaron mckie. (bleep) you, kupchak.

Last edited by lakersfan4life69 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

lakers0505 wrote:
emplay wrote:

Yep, thats what has kept me grounded and in reality with this team, knowing how difficult it is too win championships. And that was another reason the ron artest move was hard too swallow because , even though we all love bynum , its foolish in way too say we'll give up maybe 1-2 tittles for the *possiblity* of greatness and more championships. But it is what it is, and like i've said jus enjoy the kobe bryant show this next 1 1/2 years because were not going too see it again.

I hear both of you, but spending 12 mil on a one dimensionalplayer is a problem. JJohnson would be better. RLewis. KUP, is pointless. Be aggressive TODAY
SirRunnethOfSoCal
Star Player
Star Player

Kobe deserves better teammates. This is pathetic.

"The mafia appeal to your intellect - 'You're an intelligent person aren't you? And you realize it's very difficult to walk without knees?'" - Richard Pryor
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This kind of crap happens all the time. Playing down the the competition and playing no D. Except this time they don't have the excuse of a back-to-back.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

kemi4kobes wrote:
good night all, i refuse to let this spoil the rest of my evening.

screw this.

Losing to the worst club in the L who was on a thirteen game losing streak has ruined mine.

Jake Speed, 1986
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
This kind of crap happens all the time. Playing down the the competition and playing no D. Except this time they don't have the excuse of a back-to-back.

There isn't an excuse. LAKERS JUST SUCKED.
SirRunnethOfSoCal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Phil is overrated.

"The mafia appeal to your intellect - 'You're an intelligent person aren't you? And you realize it's very difficult to walk without knees?'" - Richard Pryor
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

There isn't an excuse. LAKERS JUST SUCKED.

You're half right. Our backcourt was great, our frontcourt couldn't have won a CBA game.
Jacko
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Smush, Walton, Cook , Kwame, Mhim, Sasha all u suck my long fuking [bleep]!!!!!
can't play sh*t basketball!!!!!!!!!!
Kobe were doubled and triple team all damn 4th quarter, and none of u can make a damn fuking open jumpshot!!!!!!!!!!!
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject:

so we son huh??
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Trade Kobe for Kobe's sake. I feel bad for him. He's playing with WNBA players.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Trade for players like Williams and Evans? Why would we do that when they are worse the the players we have now. I'll say not trading Odom for Artest ect. was something we could have really used, but not it looks like we cant get anyone good at this time of the season.
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject:

GO LAKERS GO!!
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Kwame should only be on the court when there's a true bigman next to him!!... It's pretty clear, that Kwame will never meet the expectations people had of him... There were times when Kwame looked effective, but only for short stretches. Kwame just loses focus, and disappears.

Trade Kwame, for Cheryl Miller!!

Cook is Cheryl Miller's clone...

Last edited by LakersSpirit on Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Magic'sSon
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
Kobe hasn't been able to take over the forth - he's been having to pass to open shooters - and they've been bricking most of the fourt.

With Odom - kobe just sets up and scores before the doubles can come.

THEN WHY NOT SIGN A BIG DOGG ROBINSON??? OR A SPREE?? THEY
SURE AS HELL WILL NOT MISS!!!
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject:

this loss sucks...you realize we gave up 41 points and 11 boards to 2 x lakers we traded for freakin 2nd round picks?

JJ>>>>DG...what the hell is wrong with Cook now? he can't even shoot anymore...20 minutes 1-8 and missed all his FT's!!! If Cook can't shoot he just doesnt do anything for us.

Why did Bynum not play in the 2nd half??? seriously, the Lakers were like +9 with Bynum in the game cuz he was actually playing defense inside, he's a presence out there!!! PLAY BYNUM DAMNIT.

and finally, Phil...you really need to stop leaving Kobe on the bench for 6 plus minutes in the 2nd quarter every game. PLEASE, its too obvious too, people know you're going to do it.

Sorry for the venting, this loss disgusts me, lamar or not.
aFFie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:

http://home.tiscali.be/pascalc/roughryders/signatures/noops_gets_on_my_nerves.gif
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject:

I had to pick up some family at the airport. I listened to the rest of the game on satellite radio. What can I say that hasn't already been said? Our defense is nonexistent, and we don't get any hustle plays. Even without LO, we should beat the Bobcats. I agree that LO brings a lot to this team and was needed tonight. I agree that he is frustrating as hell, but he was missed tonight. I truly believe we will lose the rest of these games on this trip and end up 1-6 and under .500 going home. This is a result of our pathetic defense. When we went 5-1 on that other long trip, we defended on almost every possession. We demolished Memphis in the last game. Now, Charlotte's scoring 112 points against us. We truly SUCK at the present time. We are going to have peaks and valleys, but this is just inexcusable. The last two teams we played were all missing starters and we lost by a combined 38 points. It's disgusting and it's obvious this team needs to make a move by the deadline if they want to seriously compete for a playoff spot. Otherwise, I don't see us making it. Please place Walton on the bench where he belongs. I don't see the infatuation with him. He is absolutely horrible, and please don't let Kwame shoot unless it's a dunk. His low post game is pathetic. I can't believe he was a number one pick in the draft. I'm disgusted, and embarrassed by what I witnessed tonight. I just hope our "braintrust" (I use that term loosely) is as embarrassed as we are by what we witnessed tonight. Mark my words- we will not win another game on this road trip. We made the Bobcats season tonight. They actually looked like a real NBA team. Nice job, guys. You never give an inferior team confidence. Our guys aren't good enough to do that, but we think we are. They're mistaken. Sorry for the long post, but I'm really frustrated with what I watched. We're not very good. 24 turnovers? Nice job of maximizing possessions.

Last edited by BigE32 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31
Jump to: