***OFFICIAL LAKERS VS CHARLOTTE GAME THREAD*** (TAPE DELAY)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

we've snapped a total of a 19 game losing streak in the last 2 games to teams that have half their teams on the IL.
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
Trade for players like Williams and Evans? Why would we do that when they are worse the the players we have now. I'll say not trading Odom for Artest ect. was something we could have really used, but not it looks like we cant get anyone good at this time of the season.

Evan averages 7.2 rebounds a game in 20.9 minutes a game, which is 17.2 boards per 48 minutes and is a .531 % fg shooter. Oh yea and he plays D...

He is worse than the players we have.:roll:
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Kobe CAN NOT score with the ball in his hands and win. Allen Iverson has proven that the last 10 years. Great scorers MUST play off the ball. Did you people not watch MJ? Allen Iverson? Kobe MUST play off-the-ball for this team to succeed. Without LO, Kobe will HAVE to play off the ball, thus allowing him to score in quick hitting plays before the defense has time to double or set up the zone against him.

Tonight's most telling stat was the 15 turnovers by our starting backcourt. And when one if your MAIN scorer, that means he wasn't able to just do that, SCORE.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject:

I had a feeling we would regret trading Jumaine... You just can't chip away at what constitutes the foundations of your team... Jumaine was one of my favorites... I saw that Jumaine could be better utilized, and he could really be part of the Laker's backbone... Apparently, not enough people recognized this...

I thought, if anything, we should have traded George... Of course, George had some nice games... As the season wears on, however, George's game just seems to melt away. Jumaine is clearly more consistent, and more versatile.

Turiaf may just get us back what we lost, in the Jumaine Jones trade. Rony will have to be a superstar, to eclipse what Jumaine could have given us... In our player trades, it seems like we've been taking two steps back, and one step forward...

Last edited by LakersSpirit on Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Wow! Games like this ruin your weekend. Man, Lakers suck soo much ( I hate to say it being a Lakers fan). Honestly I only watched like 20 minutes of the game because we sucked so much. We were down by 18 against the worst fuc**ing team in the NBA. Ouch that hurts, just watching the game. Why did I have a feeling that the Lakers would choke and end a 13 game loosing streak of the Bobcats. Man someone should kill Mitch!
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject:

BigE32 wrote:
I had to pick up some family at the airport. I listened to the rest of the game on satellite radio. What can I say that hasn't already been said? Our defense is nonexistent, and we don't get any hustle plays. Even without LO, we should beat the Bobcats. I agree that LO brings a lot to this team and was needed tonight. I agree that he is frustrating as hell, but he was missed tonight. I truly believe we will lose the rest of these games on this trip and end up 1-6 and under .500 going home. This is a result of our pathetic defense. When we went 5-1 on that other long trip, we defended on almost every possession. We demolished Memphis in the last game. Now, Charlotte's scoring 112 points against us. We truly SUCK at the present time. We are going to have peaks and valleys, but this is just inexcusable. The last two teams we played were all missing starters and we lost by a combined 38 points. It's disgusting and it's obvious this team needs to make a move by the deadline if they want to seriously compete for a playoff spot. Otherwise, I don't see us making it. Please place Walton on the bench where he belongs. I don't see the infatuation with him. He is absolutely horrible, and please don't let Kwame shoot unless it's a dunk. His low post game is pathetic. I can't believe he was a number one pick in the draft. I'm disgusted, and embarrassed by what I witnessed tonight. I just hope our "braintrust" (I use that term loosely) is as embarrassed as we are by what we witnessed tonight. Mark my words- we will not win another game on this road trip. We made the Bobcats season tonight. They actually looked like a real NBA team. Nice job, guys. You never give an inferior team confidence. Our guys aren't good enough to do that, but we think we are. They're mistaken. Sorry for the long post, but I'm really frustrated with what I watched. We're not very good. 24 turnovers? Nice job of maximizing possessions.

HAve u seen kwame try too make a layup? Even a dunk is ugly for him
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Page 31 of 31
Jump to: